sunshinecountry

FRUSTRATION and some questions

11 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Madagascar
Timeline

OKAY, so my frustration lies in the fact that my fiance has sent me a package containing all the forms that he needed to sign along with his passport style photos two and a half weeks ago... I guess there really isnt any question here, but I was wondering if some people found this to be normal.. I know I should get some patients, since once we send out the petition i will be waiting for a MUCH longer amount of time... but I would rather be waiting on that knowing that we are getting some where then waiting on the post office to deliver the last things i need to get moving forward.. is this normal?? my fiance lives in Jamaica, it took one week exactly for my things to get to him, he sent it in that same day and I am now on day 17... I figure i will send out another package with all the same forms, but I didnt know if I should still have my hope up on this package getting to me... anyone have similar situation?

also I just was reading that in some cases while the petition is being reviewed you cant visit your fiance... is this entirely true?? or only for some countries? I have been planning a trip to live with him in June till late August.. should I be cancelling?? (I sure as hell hope not!)

Thanks for any help or advice you can give me I always appriciate it,

DF

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

You may visit your fiance while waiting for your I129f petition to be reviewed but you are subject to whatever visa rules are in place for where you're going. You will visit Jamaica, I guess? I don't know what the 'tourist visa' rules are for Jamaica, but there is no rule against visiting each other.

As for sending your package, did you get a tracking number? This is the surest way to know what happened to it.

April, 2009 - We met

May, 2009 - We wooed

June, 2010 - We got engaged, looking forward to a small August 2010 wedding

** Reality Check: K-1 Process**

July 22, 2010 - NOA1

**5 months of patient waiting**

December 29, 2011 - call around for information about delay

January 5, 2011 - RFE notice (first online status update yet!)

January 10, 2011 - RFE Hardcopy

January 13, 2011 - RFE Response acknowledged

January 24, 2011 - NOA2 (at last!!)

February 3, 2011 - application sent from NVC to Montreal (aka. the Abyss?)

March 7, 2011 - Packet 3 sent to me

March 10, 2011 - Packet 3 delivered to Montreal

March 21, 2011 - Packet 4 sent to me

April 5, 2011 - Medical

April 13, 2011 - Interview - approved!

April 20, 2011 - visa in hand

May 9, 2011 - POE (Buffalo, NY)

May 10, 2011 - wedding :)

OKAY, so my frustration lies in the fact that my fiance has sent me a package containing all the forms that he needed to sign along with his passport style photos two and a half weeks ago... I guess there really isnt any question here, but I was wondering if some people found this to be normal.. I know I should get some patients, since once we send out the petition i will be waiting for a MUCH longer amount of time... but I would rather be waiting on that knowing that we are getting some where then waiting on the post office to deliver the last things i need to get moving forward.. is this normal?? my fiance lives in Jamaica, it took one week exactly for my things to get to him, he sent it in that same day and I am now on day 17... I figure i will send out another package with all the same forms, but I didnt know if I should still have my hope up on this package getting to me... anyone have similar situation?

also I just was reading that in some cases while the petition is being reviewed you cant visit your fiance... is this entirely true?? or only for some countries? I have been planning a trip to live with him in June till late August.. should I be cancelling?? (I sure as hell hope not!)

Thanks for any help or advice you can give me I always appriciate it,

DF

I can't comment about the shipping times. We chose to fill our paperwork out together so we didn't have the issue with shipping back and forth.

As for visiting, if you are the US. Petitioner, you shouldn't have a problem although you may need to get a visa in order to do so.

If they plan on visiting you in the U.S. they will need a visa, which might be difficult to get after the I-129F is filed due to the application showing immigration intent and the visa requiring proof of strong ties to the home country.

Edited by TwoCats

kitsig.jpg

K-1 Visa/ AOS Timeline:
(Detailed info on our timeline can be found here: About us)

ROC Timeline:

02/10/2014 - ROC Sent.

02/12/2014 - NOA1 Date.

03/11/2014 - Biometrics Date.

05/28/2014 - Card Production.

post office is horrible when sending docs. outside of Jamaica, he should have used dhl or fed ex. It doesn't take long to receive mail, had received mail from petitioner in 3 or 4 days. He may have to resend docs. using a service.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Spain
Timeline

the beneficiary will need a tourist visa to visit u in The USA. Unfortunately, it´s not possible to get a tourist visa while in the process of K1.

Timeline

okay im visiting him... and im a US citizen and as far as i know its okay to visit without a visa as long as it is less then 90 days which is what im going for...

as far as the package goes.. im going to wait a couple more days and if I still dont get it im just going to send him another... cant believe how insane the post office service is.. i will definitely let my fiance know that he should go through fred ex or dhl... though it is only some paperwork. Not really a big package but still... just seems rediculous, if its much longer we will both need to take new passport pictures..

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

the beneficiary will need a tourist visa to visit u in The USA. Unfortunately, it´s not possible to get a tourist visa while in the process of K1.

Really? I did not know that was the case... I'm a Dutch citizen and am visiting my fiance in Washington tomorrow...

April, 2009 - We met

May, 2009 - We wooed

June, 2010 - We got engaged, looking forward to a small August 2010 wedding

** Reality Check: K-1 Process**

July 22, 2010 - NOA1

**5 months of patient waiting**

December 29, 2011 - call around for information about delay

January 5, 2011 - RFE notice (first online status update yet!)

January 10, 2011 - RFE Hardcopy

January 13, 2011 - RFE Response acknowledged

January 24, 2011 - NOA2 (at last!!)

February 3, 2011 - application sent from NVC to Montreal (aka. the Abyss?)

March 7, 2011 - Packet 3 sent to me

March 10, 2011 - Packet 3 delivered to Montreal

March 21, 2011 - Packet 4 sent to me

April 5, 2011 - Medical

April 13, 2011 - Interview - approved!

April 20, 2011 - visa in hand

May 9, 2011 - POE (Buffalo, NY)

May 10, 2011 - wedding :)

okay im visiting him... and im a US citizen and as far as i know its okay to visit without a visa as long as it is less then 90 days which is what im going for...

as far as the package goes.. im going to wait a couple more days and if I still dont get it im just going to send him another... cant believe how insane the post office service is.. i will definitely let my fiance know that he should go through fred ex or dhl... though it is only some paperwork. Not really a big package but still... just seems rediculous, if its much longer we will both need to take new passport pictures..

Any thing you send thru FedEx or dhl to or from Jamaica is going to cost you 50 dollars or more. Now to simplify this process, mail coming from Jamaica to the US can take anywhere from 2 to 4 weeks. There is no getting around it, everything gets held up in custom in Miami, and get scanned for drugs. If you are waiting on the passport pictures, have him to scan them and send them via email, take a copy download via CD to Walgreen, CVS, Walmart and have them to print them out passport size.

Not sure what you are sending in the package, but all of the documents can be sent via email, he can download them and send them back to you.

Timeline

Any thing you send thru FedEx or dhl to or from Jamaica is going to cost you 50 dollars or more. Now to simplify this process, mail coming from Jamaica to the US can take anywhere from 2 to 4 weeks. There is no getting around it, everything gets held up in custom in Miami, and get scanned for drugs. If you are waiting on the passport pictures, have him to scan them and send them via email, take a copy download via CD to Walgreen, CVS, Walmart and have them to print them out passport size.

Not sure what you are sending in the package, but all of the documents can be sent via email, he can download them and send them back to you.

So I know that everything can be e-mailed.. but as far as getting original signature.. i dont think that there is much getting past the mailing process.

when I sent him the forms, it was just the forms and some picture I wanted to share with him.. thats really the only reason i sent it, I know of course things can be e-mailed then printed the signed then sent to me... but i wanted to know how long the mailing to the us would take... thanks for letting me know. I will give it a little more time before having him send me them again.. i figured it had to do with customs its in a large paper size evelope.. and weighs a bit more... so I figure it might take a bit ... just hopefully not over a month.

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

Really? I did not know that was the case... I'm a Dutch citizen and am visiting my fiance in Washington tomorrow...

The beneficiary being mentioned is Jamaican, not Dutch. Apples and oranges. Have a nice visit.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I've had no trouble going to the UK, but he's been refused here. I'm sure you're fine. You show obvious intent to come back to US, as does he. That's great that you can be together for a lot of the wait. Just resend. What's the worst thing? you have two copies, eventually? That's not too bad!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.