Kathryn41

Some Canadian Humour

15 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Two American tourists were driving through Nova Scotia.

As they were approaching Shubenacadie (shoe-been-aack-id-dee),

they started arguing about the pronunciation of the town's name.

They argued back and forth until they stopped for lunch.

As they stood at the counter, one tourist asked the employee,

"Before we order, could you please settle an argument for us?

Would you please pronounce where we are... ver-r-ry slo-o-owly?"

The waitress leaned over the counter and says:

"Tiiimmmmm Hoorrrrttoooonnns..."

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Timeline

rofl.gif

My first chuckle of the day. Thanks Kathryn.

USCIS

NOA1 08/19/08

NOA2 01/20/09

NVC

Received 01/26/09

Completed 02/13/09 (19 Days)

Interview Assigned 03/27/09 (6 weeks after NVC completion)

Medical

04/14/09 (Toronto)

Interview

Montreal 05/12/09 (88 days after NVC completion) **APPROVED**

POE

06/16/09 Buffalo

07/02/09 Welcome Letter Received

07/07/09 Applied for SSN

07/10/09 "Card production ordered" email received

07/13/09 SSN received

07/14/09 "Approval notice sent" email received

07/17/09 GREEN CARD received

Removal of Conditions

03/21/11 I-751 mailed to VSC

03/23/11 I-751 received at VSC

03/29/11 Cheque Cashed

03/30/11 NOA1 received (3/24/11)

04/11/11 Biometrics appointment notice received

05/05/11 Biometric appointment

12/13/11 **Approval date** (5 days short of 9 months!)

12/19/11 Approval letter and green card received

Naturalization

05/16/2019 Filed online (estimated completion February 2020)

05/18/2019 Biometrics scheduled

05/21/2019 Receipt notice and biometrics notices posted to online account.05/23/2019 Hard copy of NOA1 received

05/24/2019 Hard copy of biometrics appointment received

06/07/2019 Biometrics appointment (estimated completion January 2020)

12/31/2019 Email received "Interview scheduled"

01/01/2020 Interview date notice posted to online account (02/19/2020)

01/05/2019 Hard copy of interview appointment received

02/19/2020 Interview (**Approved**) and same day Oath Ceremony. 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

Two American tourists were driving through Nova Scotia.

As they were approaching Shubenacadie (shoe-been-aack-id-dee),

they started arguing about the pronunciation of the town's name.

They argued back and forth until they stopped for lunch.

As they stood at the counter, one tourist asked the employee,

"Before we order, could you please settle an argument for us?

Would you please pronounce where we are... ver-r-ry slo-o-owly?"

The waitress leaned over the counter and says:

"Tiiimmmmm Hoorrrrttoooonnns..."

AAHHh TY that was brilliant :thumbs::rofl:

Divorced !st November 2012.

Married only 2 years 1 month

Too cute.....I live about 15 minutes from Shubenacadie...There is no Tim Horton's there but there is in the next town called Stewiacke....Stewyak. I will be sure to pass that joke on...Thanks!

Sent AOS pack......2011-08-08

NOA's dated ..........2011-08-15

Biometrics..............2011-09-13

EAD card.................2011-10-26

AP card....................2011-10-26

AOS approved .......2011-12-19

Green card rec.......2011-12-27

Timeline

I have a good joke but it comes from a real story.

2 American young men in their late 20tys really wanted to go do Sydney Australia. They saved up and bought their tickets to Sydney. Once they arrived they couldn't figure out why there was snow EVERYWHERE. Also couldn't figure out what was with the really odd " accent ". They went to the front check-ins at the airport and found out...

They didn't buy tickets to Sydney Australia... they bought tickets to Sydney, Nova Scotia. Neither of them bothered to check the E-tickets they ordered and didn't know there was a Sydney in Canada. Regardless of the HUGE flub, they had a great visit in NS and decided they would be going back again for more trips.

-------------------------------------------- as1cE-a0g410010MjgybHN8MDA5Njk4c3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

Your I-129f was approved in 5 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 67 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

AOS was approved in 2 months and 8 days without interview.

ROC was approved in 3 months and 2 days without interview.

I am a Citizen of the United States of America. 04/16/13

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
rofl.gif wouldn't doubt it

Current cut off date F2A - Current 

Brother's Journey (F2A) - PD Dec 30, 2010

Dec 30 2010 - Notice of Action 1 (NOA1)
May 12 2011 - Notice of Action 2 (NOA2)
May 23 2011 - NVC case # Assigned
Nov 17 2011 - COA / I-864 received
Nov 18 2011 - Sent COA
Apr 30 2012 - Pay AOS fee

Oct 15 2012 - Pay IV fee
Oct 25 2012 - Sent AOS/IV Package

Oct 29 2012 - Pkg Delivered
Dec 24 2012 - Case Complete

May 17 2013 - Interview-Approved

July 19 2013 - Enter the USA

"... Answer when you are called..."

Timeline

2 American young men in their late 20tys really wanted to go do Sydney Australia. They saved up and bought their tickets to Sydney. Once they arrived they couldn't figure out why there was snow EVERYWHERE. Also couldn't figure out what was with the really odd " accent ". They went to the front check-ins at the airport and found out...

They didn't buy tickets to Sydney Australia... they bought tickets to Sydney, Nova Scotia. Neither of them bothered to check the E-tickets they ordered and didn't know there was a Sydney in Canada. Regardless of the HUGE flub, they had a great visit in NS and decided they would be going back again for more trips.

LOL - :rofl: :rofl: That is priceless!

Actually, it reminds me of one time I was flying down to visit my then fiancee. I was checking in at the counter and the guy in front of me was having a real argument with the agent. He was trying to book in for his 6:35 flight and she kept telling him he wasn't listed and the flight was full. Finally, he pulled out the documentation from his travel agent and discovered he was booked on the 6:35 am flight - and it was now pm. No idea what happened as my turn at the counter came up.

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
:lol: Those jokes were awesome.

Holding my nose and jumping off the cliff.. hope I don't hit any rocks in the water.

"All I want out of life is ice cream and cuddles. Is it too much to ask? Is it?" - Sleep Talkin' Man

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

WithoutMusic-theidolhands.pngSquareOneIcon.pngMYV2avaruusvirta.pngCarmenSandiego-theidolhands.pngSuckIt-stellans.jpg

138 days from NOA1 - NOA2

14 days from CIS till NVC case number assigned.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I am from Sydney N.S. and this has happened many times. Just in the past 2 years there have been 3 instances where people thought they were going to Sydney Australia only to land in Sydney on Cape Breton Island.

They were all put up for free at a local hotel and shown Cape Breton's Celtic hospitality. Upon leaving they all say they will be returning to the Island

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

A Little Canadian Humor Forget Rednecks, here is what Jeff Foxworthy has to say about Canucks

If your local Dairy Queen is closedfrom Septemberthrough May, you may live in Canada.

If someone in a Home Depot store offersyou assistanceand they don't work there, you may live in Canada.

If you've worn shorts and a parka at thesame time,you may live in Canada

If you've had a lengthy telephone conversationwithsomeone who dialed a wrong number, you maylive in Canada

If 'Vacation'means going anywhere south of Muncie forthe weekend, you may live in Canada.

If you measure distance in hours, you maylive in Canada

If you know several people who have hit adeer morethan once, you may live in Canada

If you have switched from 'heat' to 'A/C'in the sameday and back again, you may live in Canada

If you can drive 90 kms/hr through 2 feetof snowduring a raging blizzard without flinching,you may live in Canada

If you install security lights on yourhouse andgarage, but leave both unlocked, you may live in Canada

If you carry jumpers in your car andyour wife knows how to use them, you may live in Canada

If you design your kid's Halloween costume to fit over a snowsuit,you may live in Canada

If the speed limit on the highway is 80km-- you're going 90 and everybody is passing you, you may live in Canada

If driving is better in the winter because the potholes are filled with snow, you may livein Canada

If you know all 4 seasons: almost winter,winter,still winter and road construction, you may live in Canada

If you have more miles on your snow blower than yourcar, you may live in Canada.

If you find 2 degrees 'a little chilly',you may livein Canada

If you actually understand these jokes,and forward them to all your Canadian friends & others,you definitely live inCanada

Sorry a lot of the words run together. I didn't proof read just cut and pasted

Read slowly and you'll figure them out lol,lol

Timeline

LOL thanks - I really remember having to design Hallowe'en costumes to fit over snowsuits or winter clothes ,hehehe!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
:lol: My husband's uncle has 'winter shorts' and 'summer shorts'..

Holding my nose and jumping off the cliff.. hope I don't hit any rocks in the water.

"All I want out of life is ice cream and cuddles. Is it too much to ask? Is it?" - Sleep Talkin' Man

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

WithoutMusic-theidolhands.pngSquareOneIcon.pngMYV2avaruusvirta.pngCarmenSandiego-theidolhands.pngSuckIt-stellans.jpg

138 days from NOA1 - NOA2

14 days from CIS till NVC case number assigned.

:rofl: I read a book when I first moved to Canada.. for the life of me I cant remember what it is called.. I think its "the tourists guide to Canada"..and I just ROLLED laughing. Its a good book for anyone looking for a laugh. It compared Calgarians to hamsters because of all the +15's connecting all the buildings downtown. I did enjoy it.

Invictus..

Out of the night that covers me,

Black as the Pit from pole to pole,

I thank whatever gods may be

For my unconquerable soul.

In the fell clutch of circumstance

I have not winced nor cried aloud.

Under the bludgeonings of chance

My head is bloody, but unbowed.

Beyond this place of wrath and tears

Looms but the Horror of the shade,

And yet the menace of the years

Finds, and shall find, me unafraid.

It matters not how strait the gate,

How charged with punishments the scroll.

I am the master of my fate:

I am the captain of my soul.

William Ernest Henley

Timeline

A Little Canadian Humor Forget Rednecks, here is what Jeff Foxworthy has to say about Canucks

If your local Dairy Queen is closedfrom Septemberthrough May, you may live in Canada.

If someone in a Home Depot store offersyou assistanceand they don't work there, you may live in Canada.

If you've worn shorts and a parka at thesame time,you may live in Canada

If you've had a lengthy telephone conversationwithsomeone who dialed a wrong number, you maylive in Canada

If 'Vacation'means going anywhere south of Muncie forthe weekend, you may live in Canada.

If you measure distance in hours, you maylive in Canada

If you know several people who have hit adeer morethan once, you may live in Canada

If you have switched from 'heat' to 'A/C'in the sameday and back again, you may live in Canada

If you can drive 90 kms/hr through 2 feetof snowduring a raging blizzard without flinching,you may live in Canada

If you install security lights on yourhouse andgarage, but leave both unlocked, you may live in Canada

If you carry jumpers in your car andyour wife knows how to use them, you may live in Canada

If you design your kid's Halloween costume to fit over a snowsuit,you may live in Canada

If the speed limit on the highway is 80km-- you're going 90 and everybody is passing you, you may live in Canada

If driving is better in the winter because the potholes are filled with snow, you may livein Canada

If you know all 4 seasons: almost winter,winter,still winter and road construction, you may live in Canada

If you have more miles on your snow blower than yourcar, you may live in Canada.

If you find 2 degrees 'a little chilly',you may livein Canada

If you actually understand these jokes,and forward them to all your Canadian friends & others,you definitely live inCanada

Sorry a lot of the words run together. I didn't proof read just cut and pasted

Read slowly and you'll figure them out lol,lol

This just cracks me up its so true, I can't for the life of me figure out distance unless I'm told how long in mins/hours. I'm going to post this on fb for kicks lol

Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.