shazj1

My K1 nightmare

37 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hi everyone, I am kind of new(been lurking since yesterday) and I find this forum very useful. This is partly a rant and partly a thread seeking advice as to what to do.

My fiance filed the i129f back in august and it was received and accepted on 31st august. When he contacted them in october, he was told to wait until 31st december for an answer..so we did. Just after 31st december, he called them again and he was told to wait until 31st january..which we accepted. On 31st january, guess what, he's told we have another 38 days to wait for the NOA2..! (The application has been filed at Vermont)

Now the wait would be okay if my fiance wouldn't get hassled and interrogated everytime he flies out to visit me. The poor guy gets searched and questioned like he is some sort of a criminal, even by CBP officers. Recently, we met in dublin for a week's break and upon his return to US, he was asked questions like "have you ever been to the middle east?". They then proceeded to take his phones away from him and presumably copied all the information on his phone, which is fine but annoying as it was unnecessary. I feel bad for even talking about our next meeting because I don't want him to go through an inquisition every time.

I guess we need to wait for the K1 process to be complete but with vermont changing dates everytime he calls them, I don't know whether to trust them or not. He has written to his senator who should help, but we've not heard anything.

If there is any advice any of you could give me, I'd really appreciate it. If not, thanks anyway for reading my rant.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

Hi everyone, I am kind of new(been lurking since yesterday) and I find this forum very useful. This is partly a rant and partly a thread seeking advice as to what to do.

My fiance filed the i129f back in august and it was received and accepted on 31st august. When he contacted them in october, he was told to wait until 31st december for an answer..so we did. Just after 31st december, he called them again and he was told to wait until 31st january..which we accepted. On 31st january, guess what, he's told we have another 38 days to wait for the NOA2..! (The application has been filed at Vermont)

Now the wait would be okay if my fiance wouldn't get hassled and interrogated everytime he flies out to visit me. The poor guy gets searched and questioned like he is some sort of a criminal, even by CBP officers. Recently, we met in dublin for a week's break and upon his return to US, he was asked questions like "have you ever been to the middle east?". They then proceeded to take his phones away from him and presumably copied all the information on his phone, which is fine but annoying as it was unnecessary. I feel bad for even talking about our next meeting because I don't want him to go through an inquisition every time.

I guess we need to wait for the K1 process to be complete but with vermont changing dates everytime he calls them, I don't know whether to trust them or not. He has written to his senator who should help, but we've not heard anything.

If there is any advice any of you could give me, I'd really appreciate it. If not, thanks anyway for reading my rant.

I know it is really hard and I hear that Vermont is on the slow but if you have seen each other a fair bit I would say to you to wait now as you really should be getting your NOA2 soon. If he as the USC is getting hassled every time he comes back home then is it worth it to do it again when in real time you will be together soon. Just my 2 cents worth. Give it a little longer then ring again end of Feb, Patience is a virtue.

Divorced !st November 2012.

Married only 2 years 1 month

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

Tell him to stop flying to see you and he won't get hassled.

The majority of fiancé(e)s can not even have a chance to meet during the process so it will be difficult for you to get much sympathy. Sorry but that's the truth. If we can do you should be able also.

Phil (Lockport, near Chicago) and Alla (Lobnya, near Moscow)

As of Dec 7, 2009, now Zero miles apart (literally)!

Timeline

I know it is really hard and I hear that Vermont is on the slow but if you have seen each other a fair bit I would say to you to wait now as you really should be getting your NOA2 soon. If he as the USC is getting hassled every time he comes back home then is it worth it to do it again when in real time you will be together soon. Just my 2 cents worth. Give it a little longer then ring again end of Feb, Patience is a virtue.

Thank you for your reply :-) Vermont are annoyingly slow, but even that would be acceptable if they would just give us a realistic date instead of changing it everytime he calls them. He came over to UK in november as we planned a more official engagement party for friends and family. Then we met up in Dublin just last week. Perhaps you're right about waiting. I think if the NOA2 is with us by march, the next meeting will be in US with the k1 in hand, God willing. But if we're still in the same boat in April, I think I will have to use my VWP and go spend some time with him. Even my future mother in law is getting fed up of waiting to meet me lol.

Timeline

Tell him to stop flying to see you and he won't get hassled.

The majority of fiancé(e)s can not even have a chance to meet during the process so it will be difficult for you to get much sympathy. Sorry but that's the truth. If we can do you should be able also.

That's a really good point you've made (and perhaps its something I seem to forget), i.e. about majority of fiancé(e)s not even having a chance to meet. Perhaps we should just patiently wait now.

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

when you call the 800 number it's like a broken record call back in 30 days, you call they call us in 30 days,they say the same thing to everybody,we just have to wait,

'

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Have you contacted the state senator or congress to get your petition moving?

-------------------------------------------- as1cE-a0g410010MjgybHN8MDA5Njk4c3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

Your I-129f was approved in 5 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 67 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

AOS was approved in 2 months and 8 days without interview.

ROC was approved in 3 months and 2 days without interview.

I am a Citizen of the United States of America. 04/16/13

Timeline

when you call the 800 number it's like a broken record call back in 30 days, you call they call us in 30 days,they say the same thing to everybody,we just have to wait,

'

It feels like we're waiting for a long time, but I guess having read many threads on here since yesterday afternoon and going through various timelines, our waiting time is still an average one.

Timeline

Thank you for your reply :-) Vermont are annoyingly slow, but even that would be acceptable if they would just give us a realistic date instead of changing it everytime he calls them. He came over to UK in november as we planned a more official engagement party for friends and family. Then we met up in Dublin just last week. Perhaps you're right about waiting. I think if the NOA2 is with us by march, the next meeting will be in US with the k1 in hand, God willing. But if we're still in the same boat in April, I think I will have to use my VWP and go spend some time with him. Even my future mother in law is getting fed up of waiting to meet me lol.

I agree darl just wait a while and if like you say nothing by April which I doubt yeah come over and see him for a week or 2. God love your mother in law just be patient sweetie it will happen soon. I was lucky I was able to visit here on VWP through the process from March to June and the week I got back to OZ we were approved, I had 8 weeks and I was back in his arms for our wedding.(F)

Timeline

Have you contacted the state senator or congress to get your petition moving?

He wrote to his state senator. Does that help? Should he contact congress instead? Also, I have another question; is it worthwhile investing in a lawyer?

Timeline

I agree darl just wait a while and if like you say nothing by April which I doubt yeah come over and see him for a week or 2. God love your mother in law just be patient sweetie it will happen soon. I was lucky I was able to visit here on VWP through the process from March to June and the week I got back to OZ we were approved, I had 8 weeks and I was back in his arms for our wedding.(F)

awwww that's so sweet! The crazy things love makes us do.. :innocent: I just hope I don't reach out for my VWP in desperation. I am too much of a sissy to be interrogated..I guess my future MIL will just have to wait lol. It's really nice to have his whole family support a girl they have never met.

Timeline

awwww that's so sweet! The crazy things love makes us do.. :innocent: I just hope I don't reach out for my VWP in desperation. I am too much of a sissy to be interrogated..I guess my future MIL will just have to wait lol. It's really nice to have his whole family support a girl they have never met.

Yes it is sounds like he has a lovely family and NO you don't need a lawyer ok don't waste your money as you will need the dollars for AOS You can do this on your won together. Just follow the guides on here and you will be fine.

Timeline

Yes it is sounds like he has a lovely family and NO you don't need a lawyer ok don't waste your money as you will need the dollars for AOS You can do this on your won together. Just follow the guides on here and you will be fine.

He does and my family love him too. One of my uncle's goes around praising him from family to family. It's so sweet :blush:

Anyway, I have sent him the guides on VJ which we will both ensure to follow correctly. I am abit worried that we only sent one photo of us together and 2 or 3 of him with my family. The photos were taken when we first met so I was abit shy taking more than one pic with him. I hope that doesn't affect our NOA2.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

He does and my family love him too. One of my uncle's goes around praising him from family to family. It's so sweet :blush:

Anyway, I have sent him the guides on VJ which we will both ensure to follow correctly. I am abit worried that we only sent one photo of us together and 2 or 3 of him with my family. The photos were taken when we first met so I was abit shy taking more than one pic with him. I hope that doesn't affect our NOA2.

It shouldn't affect the NOA2 at all, they only need to see that you two met in person.

He should call the office and ask to speak to the immigration liaison that they have and see if they can do anything to help kick your case into gear. No harm in trying.

-------------------------------------------- as1cE-a0g410010MjgybHN8MDA5Njk4c3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

Your I-129f was approved in 5 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 67 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

AOS was approved in 2 months and 8 days without interview.

ROC was approved in 3 months and 2 days without interview.

I am a Citizen of the United States of America. 04/16/13

Timeline

It shouldn't affect the NOA2 at all, they only need to see that you two met in person.

He should call the office and ask to speak to the immigration liaison that they have and see if they can do anything to help kick your case into gear. No harm in trying.

I hope you're right. Well, he has to send them some paperwork to update some stuff on the file, would it help if we sent some photos we took in dublin? We look more like a couple than soldiers standing at attention in the dublin photos.

I'll pass on the advice to contact immigration liaison and let you know how it goes :-) Thanks for the advice.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.