shazj1

My K1 nightmare

37 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Tell that to the "US Embassy Representative" in Paris and the CBP at Dulles.

The constant questioning of my religious convictions is what completely put me on tilt though. They seemed to be shocked that one of "them thar muzzies" slipped through the cracks and got a job working for the FAA. Idiots.

Welcome the other half (L)

Timeline

I hope your petition is approved soon. The waiting is the worst! Luckily, once your petition is approved things moves MUCH more quickly. Also, even as it is annoying for your fiance to be interviewed at length when visiting you, at least he has the ability to leave his country and see you elsewhere or in the US! Many of us have fiance(e)s who are pretty much "trapped" in their home country and we (the petitioners) are the ones who always need to go see them... Best wishes! (F)

Thank you for your message and wishes. I really hope things move more quickly after the NOA2..It will be a burden off my shoulders when/if the NOA2 comes through. Sometimes, I worry that there's a problem with our petition and that's why it hasn't been approved yet but I really hope and pray that's not the case.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Indonesia
Timeline

when you call the 800 number it's like a broken record call back in 30 days, you call they call us in 30 days,they say the same thing to everybody,we just have to wait,

'

They making a fun of us :P

*K1 JOURNEY

2010-07-16****K1 Petition Sent Out

2010-08-08****NOA1 Hardcopy

2011-05-20****POE LAX

2011-06-20****Wedding

AOS:

2011-08-18****AOS Package Sent.

2011-09-29****Biometric Appt. Dover, Delaware

2011-10-18****RFE reply

2011-12-13****GC in hand

AP:

2011-10-31****File AP

2011-11-08****NOA1

2011-11-14****AP Approved

ROC:

2013-10-22***Package Sent

2013-11-03***Check Cashed

2013-11-05***NOA1
2013-11-25***Biometrics

2014-02-06***GC in hand dancin5hr.gif

5b904a1af6.gif

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Indonesia
Timeline

Hi everyone, I am kind of new(been lurking since yesterday) and I find this forum very useful. This is partly a rant and partly a thread seeking advice as to what to do.

My fiance filed the i129f back in august and it was received and accepted on 31st august. When he contacted them in october, he was told to wait until 31st december for an answer..so we did. Just after 31st december, he called them again and he was told to wait until 31st january..which we accepted. On 31st january, guess what, he's told we have another 38 days to wait for the NOA2..! (The application has been filed at Vermont)

Now the wait would be okay if my fiance wouldn't get hassled and interrogated everytime he flies out to visit me. The poor guy gets searched and questioned like he is some sort of a criminal, even by CBP officers. Recently, we met in dublin for a week's break and upon his return to US, he was asked questions like "have you ever been to the middle east?". They then proceeded to take his phones away from him and presumably copied all the information on his phone, which is fine but annoying as it was unnecessary. I feel bad for even talking about our next meeting because I don't want him to go through an inquisition every time.

I guess we need to wait for the K1 process to be complete but with vermont changing dates everytime he calls them, I don't know whether to trust them or not. He has written to his senator who should help, but we've not heard anything.

If there is any advice any of you could give me, I'd really appreciate it. If not, thanks anyway for reading my rant.

I can not give you any advice. I just wanna say sorry for your situation. Yes, this whole process seems like a nightmare. You see my timeline? It squeeze my tears but we have to stand still to get this nightmare. You are not alone, dont worry.

*K1 JOURNEY

2010-07-16****K1 Petition Sent Out

2010-08-08****NOA1 Hardcopy

2011-05-20****POE LAX

2011-06-20****Wedding

AOS:

2011-08-18****AOS Package Sent.

2011-09-29****Biometric Appt. Dover, Delaware

2011-10-18****RFE reply

2011-12-13****GC in hand

AP:

2011-10-31****File AP

2011-11-08****NOA1

2011-11-14****AP Approved

ROC:

2013-10-22***Package Sent

2013-11-03***Check Cashed

2013-11-05***NOA1
2013-11-25***Biometrics

2014-02-06***GC in hand dancin5hr.gif

5b904a1af6.gif

Timeline

I can not give you any advice. I just wanna say sorry for your situation. Yes, this whole process seems like a nightmare. You see my timeline? It squeeze my tears but we have to stand still to get this nightmare. You are not alone, dont worry.

:( it'll all work out for you in the end Utha. I know you say I am not alone but it's not a nice boat to be in, even if you have hundreds of people in it. Here's hoping we all end up with the ones we love.

If he has to send in something then that means he got a Request for Evidence (RFE) which means your wait time may be extended until they get what they need and resume processing. Your wait is average and no need to call in the Congressman because you haven't been wronged yet. There's thousands and thousands of people waiting just like you. Looks like VSC is approving Aug 31 about now according to Visa Journey timelines. See the middle column and scroll down to "Approximate Processing Dates for Common Forms:" on this page http://www.visajourney.com/timeline/

Here's a good page to study and see who's reported getting approved lately and who's still waiting. Sort by visa and service center. Igor's List http://www.visajourney.com/timeline/monthly_filers.php?cfl=

It shouldn't be much longer now if the processing has resumed for his missing information (RFE) And you need to read the link in my signature for what you need to be working on right now for your part in the UK. It'll take your mind off the waiting because you've got lots to get started.

England.gifENGLAND ---

K-1 Timeline 4 months, 19 days 03-10-08 VSC to 7-29-08 Interview London

10-05-08 Married

AOS Timeline 5 months, 14 days 10-9-08 to 3-23-09 No interview

Removing Conditions Timeline 5 months, 20 days12-27-10 to 06-10-11 No interview

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

The journey from Fiancé to US citizenship:

4 years, 2 months, 6 days

243 pages of forms/documents submitted

No RFEs

Timeline

If he has to send in something then that means he got a Request for Evidence (RFE) which means your wait time may be extended until they get what they need and resume processing. Your wait is average and no need to call in the Congressman because you haven't been wronged yet. There's thousands and thousands of people waiting just like you. Looks like VSC is approving Aug 31 about now according to Visa Journey timelines. See the middle column and scroll down to "Approximate Processing Dates for Common Forms:" on this page http://www.visajourney.com/timeline/

Here's a good page to study and see who's reported getting approved lately and who's still waiting. Sort by visa and service center. Igor's List http://www.visajourney.com/timeline/monthly_filers.php?cfl=

It shouldn't be much longer now if the processing has resumed for his missing information (RFE) And you need to read the link in my signature for what you need to be working on right now for your part in the UK. It'll take your mind off the waiting because you've got lots to get started.

Oh no, we have to update them as my nationality changed recently as i naturalised as a british citizen so we have to let them know. I will take a look at those links you have sent. When he contacted VSC, they gave him the date of march 10th so we'll see if they are trustworthy this time.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.