J and S

Fiance Letter of Intent (another ?)

8 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Croatia
Timeline

Hi Guys,

Hope you're doing well.

We're using the template provided on the site for the letter of intent. Should we add anything to the template in terms of the body of the letter? Or is what's in there enough?

The real question is which address do I put in for the USCIS service center? Do I put in the Dallas Lockbox address? Or should I assume that since I live in California, that our petition will be sent to CA and use that direct address?

Thanks so much!

"Let me tell you the secret that has led me to my goal. My strength lies solely in my tenacity. " ~ Louis Pasteur.

Met Online - 01/2010
Met in Person - 12/21/2010

Engaged - 12/31/2010

File - 07/26/2011

NOA1 - 08/02/2011

NOA2 - 12/22/2011 (e-mail notice)
Visa Approved - 03/13/2012

Married - 03/31/2012 <3

*Started the AOS process a bit late cuse I'm a slacker and suck

But, we've had no issues. It's coming along. Interview should

be shortly coming. Married life is great*

jest.gif

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

You should really send it to Texas - all the petitions should go there first and are distributed usually depending on where you live, but sometimes depending on the work load/staffing at the California/Vermont centers. You don't really get a say over where it goes, but do send it to Texas.

As for the letter of intent, my fiance and I wrote ours before we ever found VJ and we included quite a lot more about the sort of 'timeline' of our relationship starting with how/when we met, when we started dating, meeting each other's parents, and deciding to marry and we kept it to a page or less. I don't think it's all necessary - the point is, do you intend to marry and so one or two lines including "I, _____ am legally allowed and fully intend to marry _____".

April, 2009 - We met

May, 2009 - We wooed

June, 2010 - We got engaged, looking forward to a small August 2010 wedding

** Reality Check: K-1 Process**

July 22, 2010 - NOA1

**5 months of patient waiting**

December 29, 2011 - call around for information about delay

January 5, 2011 - RFE notice (first online status update yet!)

January 10, 2011 - RFE Hardcopy

January 13, 2011 - RFE Response acknowledged

January 24, 2011 - NOA2 (at last!!)

February 3, 2011 - application sent from NVC to Montreal (aka. the Abyss?)

March 7, 2011 - Packet 3 sent to me

March 10, 2011 - Packet 3 delivered to Montreal

March 21, 2011 - Packet 4 sent to me

April 5, 2011 - Medical

April 13, 2011 - Interview - approved!

April 20, 2011 - visa in hand

May 9, 2011 - POE (Buffalo, NY)

May 10, 2011 - wedding :)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Cambodia
Timeline

I sent mine to Lewisville Texas, (sent it UPS so can not go to PO box) that is where the attorney told me to send it but it was forwarded to California 2 days after arriving I also live in Northern Cal. I dont know if that helps but its all I know. Daniel

Daniel

K-1 Visa

Service Center : California Service Center

I-129F Sent : Feb 9,2011

I-129F Received :In Texas then sent to CSC Feb 11,2011

Check cashed and in Initial Review : Feb 16,2011

I-129F NOA1 Hard Copy : Feb 15 2011

TOUCHED 04/04/2011 Is it wrong to be happy to be touched by a stranger?

I-129F RFE(s) : None

I-129F NOA2 :05/27/2011

NVC Received :06/09/2011

NVC Left : 06/27/2011

Consulate Received : 07/01/2011

Packet 3 Received : 07/18/2011

Packet 3 Sent : 07/19/2011

Medical Exam : 07/19/2011

Packet 4 Received :07/25/2011

Interview Date :09/13/2011

Interview Result : Approved

Visa Received : 09\16\2011

US Entry : 09\20\2011

Marriage :09/22/2011

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Hi Guys,

Hope you're doing well.

We're using the template provided on the site for the letter of intent. Should we add anything to the template in terms of the body of the letter? Or is what's in there enough?

The real question is which address do I put in for the USCIS service center? Do I put in the Dallas Lockbox address? Or should I assume that since I live in California, that our petition will be sent to CA and use that direct address?

Thanks so much!

Are you including your Letter of Intended with you I-129F application? All application should be sent to TX now so I would put whichever address that your I-129F sending to.

I used the exact body paragraph on my letter (change the names of course).

Our AOS Journey started:

Nov 06, 2010: CS & CQ got married in Las Vegas

Nov 26, 2010: AOS-EAD-AP package sent out

Nov 29, 2010: Package delivered at 1:12pm

Dec 10, 2010: Received text messages from USCIS regarding receipt numbers for AOS, EAD, and AP

Dec 14, 2010: Received three I-797C from mail

Dec 18, 2010: Touched

Jan 05, 2011: Received RFE for I-485 (email)

Jan 10, 2011: Received RFE for I-485 (hardcopy)

Jan 11, 2011: Sent response to RFE for I-485 (Fedex/UPS do not deliver to PO Box. Only USPS does and it takes 2 days even for Express Post)

Jan 13, 2011: Response to RFE delivered

Jan 14, 2011: Touched

Jan 15, 2011: Touched

Jan 18, 2011: Received Biometric Appointment letter in mail

Jan 21, 2011: Biometric Appointment (Walk-in Successful)

Feb 10, 2011: Biometric Appointment (Originally Scheduled)

Feb 12, 2011: Received 1st text/email for EAD card in production and AP was APPROVED

Feb 17, 2011: Received 2nd text/email for EAD card in production

Feb 18, 2011: Received 3rd text/email for EAD card has been mailed out

Feb 18, 2011: Received AP!!!! YAY!!!!

Feb 22, 2011: Received EAD!!!!

Feb 22, 2011: Received letter for 2nd fingerprints :(

Mar 17, 2011: 2nd fingerprints

May 02, 2011: AOS Interview Approved!!!!!!

May 07, 2011: Received "Welcome to America" letter

May 09, 2011: Received Green Card. Yay!!!!!

as1cHvOuM2B0010MDA3MjM5cHN8NDUyOTY1c3xIYXBwaWx5IE1hcnJpZWQ.gif

Timeline

I know to send the petition to the Texas Lockbox. Thank you :) That is where I am sending it first.

The question is which address to put on the letter of intent. The VJ template does it in business letter format. Therefore, it suggets to include in the letter format the recipient i.e. USCIS address. Doesn't seem logical to put a lockbox address for the recipient address since they're not technically my processing center. I'm including the letter inside the application package. All of it is getting sent initially to Dallas. It's a small detail...but I guess I pay attention to every small detail. We're not adding how we met on the letter of intent because I include a thorough timeline in the petition form. :)

Any clarifications?

thank you

I could always just leave that bit of the recipient address out too...since it's not an actual form. lol o.O

"Let me tell you the secret that has led me to my goal. My strength lies solely in my tenacity. " ~ Louis Pasteur.

Met Online - 01/2010

Engaged - 12/31/2010

File - 07/26/2011

NOA1 - 08/02/2011

Married - 03/31/2012 <3

jest.gif

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

We used the Example Forms as-is.

Phil (Lockport, near Chicago) and Alla (Lobnya, near Moscow)

As of Dec 7, 2009, now Zero miles apart (literally)!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

I know to send the petition to the Texas Lockbox. Thank you :) That is where I am sending it first.

The question is which address to put on the letter of intent. The VJ template does it in business letter format. Therefore, it suggets to include in the letter format the recipient i.e. USCIS address. Doesn't seem logical to put a lockbox address for the recipient address since they're not technically my processing center. I'm including the letter inside the application package. All of it is getting sent initially to Dallas. It's a small detail...but I guess I pay attention to every small detail. We're not adding how we met on the letter of intent because I include a thorough timeline in the petition form. :)

Any clarifications?

thank you

I could always just leave that bit of the recipient address out too...since it's not an actual form. lol o.O

The VJ letter of intent template is a bit dated, and doesn't take into account the changes last year.

The only important parts of the letter are that it indicates you intend to marry, and it contains your signature. That's all the petition instructions call for - an original statement from each of you establishing your mutual intent to marry. You could delete everything else on the template and it would be good enough.

If I was sending my petition today then I would replace everything in the "To" address with "USCIS Service Center".

12/15/2009 - K1 Visa Interview - APPROVED!

12/29/2009 - Married in Oakland, CA!

08/18/2010 - AOS Interview - APPROVED!

05/01/2013 - Removal of Conditions - APPROVED!

Timeline

The VJ letter of intent template is a bit dated, and doesn't take into account the changes last year.

The only important parts of the letter are that it indicates you intend to marry, and it contains your signature. That's all the petition instructions call for - an original statement from each of you establishing your mutual intent to marry. You could delete everything else on the template and it would be good enough.

If I was sending my petition today then I would replace everything in the "To" address with "USCIS Service Center".

Thank you very much, this was helpful :)

Met Online - 01/2010

Engaged - 12/31/2010

File - 07/26/2011

NOA1 - 08/02/2011

Married - 03/31/2012 <3

jest.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.