silvana.toma

Mother in Law OR Monster in Law?

85 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Romania
Timeline

Have you ever had the feeling that if there would be a comet coming straight to earth, and you would be the only one able to save this planet, meaning you would fly like superman, and redirect that comet someplace else and save the planet....your mother in law would still not like you? :no:

Do you think is because she knows super man is played by ken clark and he is american? and you are from columbia, romania, philipines etc and married to her son? :lol::D

If yes to my previous question, you probably know by now you are amongst milions of girls who share this very comon problem, and you also know(or need to)that chances are it's not your fault.

In my mind there are 2 types of girls out there:1. You don't know how lucky you are type girl, the ones that have the perfect husband and the husband has the perfect family and they all welcome you with open arms, and all of a sudden your family is so much bigger as they all recieve you in their family and make you feel like you were part of it since you were born,and NO I am not talking about the after life :D ...this actually happens, it does...seriously...but anyway...and THEN there is type 2.Xena: worrior princess, the type i just opened this topic with -the one that has to battle the dementor(for those who never saw Harry Potter -it's a creature that sucks the life and all the happines out of you)or the "never happy no matter what you do mother in law" aka monster in law.

Which type are you? I would like to hear your stories, maybe we can all learn from eachother's actions, and maybe one day we can all be type 1 girl.

Here is my disclaimer:

Obviously ...I know there are some amazing women out there that have boys are are great with their daughters in law, so my comments are solely for the ones that deserve it.

Edited by silvana.toma

Have you ever had the feeling that if there would be a comet coming straight to earth, and you would be the only one able to save this planet, meaning you would fly like superman, and redirect that comet someplace else and save the planet....your mother in law would still not like you? :no:

Do you think is because she knows super man is played by ken clark and he is american? and you are from columbia, romania, philipines etc and married to her son? :lol::D

If yes to my previous question, you probably know by now you are amongst milions of girls who share this very comon problem, and you also know(or need to)that chances are it's not your fault.

In my mind there are 2 types of girls out there:1. You don't know how lucky you are type girl, the ones that have the perfect husband and the husband has the perfect family and they all welcome you with open arms, and all of a sudden your family is so much bigger as they all recieve you in their family and make you feel like you were part of it since you were born,and NO I am not talking about the after life :D ...this actually happens, it does...seriously...but anyway...and THEN there is type 2.Xena: worrior princess, the type i just opened this topic with -the one that has to battle the dementor(for those who never saw Harry Potter -it's a creature that sucks the life and all the happines out of you)or the "never happy no matter what you do mother in law" aka monster in law.

Which type are you? I would like to hear your stories, maybe we can all learn from eachother's actions, and maybe one day we can all be type 1 girl.

Here is my disclaimer:

Obviously ...I know there are some amazing women out there that have boys are are great with their daughters in law, so my comments are solely for the ones that deserve it.

Type 1 here. My husband is not a perfect neither his family, but they are perfectly good to me.

K1 Process:

May 1, 2008 Submitted I-129F to CSC

May 8, 2008 Received by CSC

May 9, 2008 NOA1

May 18, 2008 Touched

October 9, 2008 RFE

October 28, 2008 RFE Reply

October 29, 2008 Touched

October 30, 2008 Touched

November 1, 2008 NOA2 (HardCopy)

November 11, 2008 Letter from NVC (Hardcopy)

November 14 & 17, 2008 Medical (Passed)

November 26, 2008 Interview (Passed)

December 5, 2008 Visa Received

December 23, 2008 US Entry (POE: Hawaii)

February 7, 2009 Private Wedding

AOS Process:

March 9, 2009 Mailed AOS Application via Express Mail (I-485, I-765, I-131)

March 10, 2009 USPS confirmed that AOS application was delivered and received in Chicago

March 18, 2009 Received NOA for AOS, EAD and AP

April 8, 2009 Biometrics Done

April 27, 2009 AP Approved

May 1, 2009 AP received in the mail

May 2, 2009 EAD card received in the mail

May 29, 2009 AOS interview (Approved)

June 29, 2009 GC received

ROC Process

March 1, 2011 Mailed I-175 Application via Express Mail

March 4 ,2011 NOA for I-175

April 05,2011 Biometrics [Early Biometrics March 22, 2011]

April 21,2011 Approval

April 27,2011 10 Year Green Card Received

Naturalization Process

March 6, 2012 Mailed N-400 Application via Express Mail

[/size]

Type 1 here. My husband is not a perfect neither his family, but they are perfectly good to me.

With them, I'm just being me. My mother-in-law, she prepares everything for us (breakfast, lunch, dinner) that we hardly do anything, i just enjoy being spoiled.

K1 Process:

May 1, 2008 Submitted I-129F to CSC

May 8, 2008 Received by CSC

May 9, 2008 NOA1

May 18, 2008 Touched

October 9, 2008 RFE

October 28, 2008 RFE Reply

October 29, 2008 Touched

October 30, 2008 Touched

November 1, 2008 NOA2 (HardCopy)

November 11, 2008 Letter from NVC (Hardcopy)

November 14 & 17, 2008 Medical (Passed)

November 26, 2008 Interview (Passed)

December 5, 2008 Visa Received

December 23, 2008 US Entry (POE: Hawaii)

February 7, 2009 Private Wedding

AOS Process:

March 9, 2009 Mailed AOS Application via Express Mail (I-485, I-765, I-131)

March 10, 2009 USPS confirmed that AOS application was delivered and received in Chicago

March 18, 2009 Received NOA for AOS, EAD and AP

April 8, 2009 Biometrics Done

April 27, 2009 AP Approved

May 1, 2009 AP received in the mail

May 2, 2009 EAD card received in the mail

May 29, 2009 AOS interview (Approved)

June 29, 2009 GC received

ROC Process

March 1, 2011 Mailed I-175 Application via Express Mail

March 4 ,2011 NOA for I-175

April 05,2011 Biometrics [Early Biometrics March 22, 2011]

April 21,2011 Approval

April 27,2011 10 Year Green Card Received

Naturalization Process

March 6, 2012 Mailed N-400 Application via Express Mail

[/size]

Timeline

4 replies, and 103 views...am i safe to asume the difference are type 2? :lol: just kidding...

But seriously...it's ok, i can understand if you don't want to make it public. I realized later that this could be a very sensitive and tabu subject for most people.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline

I barely know mine. I've stayed with her but with the language barrier it's really hard to gauge if I really like her or just like the things that I've been told about her. Of course, according to my husband she's practically a saint so how can I dislike that? :P

"The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off.

Timeline

:thumbs:

I would seriously LOVE to know what my inlaws truly think of me.

You know...sometimes is better not to know. :P

My MIL and I don't share a common language. It is kind of difficult to have either a positive or negative relationship in this way.

i see you know english, is she not a USC?

Timeline

I am the USC, my husband and she are Moroccan.

ok, got it!

My husband is the USC, and my parents don't speak english, but they love and respect eachother very much!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

I'm so lucky to have a MIL that is soo sweet, kind and caring :)

AOS Process

2010-12-30------------Sent I-485, I-765, & I-131

2011-01-10------------Received NOA1 for AOS, EAD, & AP

2011-01-18------------Biometrics letter received

2011-02-07------------Case transferred to CSC

2011-02-10------------Biometrics in Detroit

2011-02-28------------Permanent Resident Card Production Ordered

2011-03-07------------Green Card and Welcome Letter received

7zglumjya7rwu.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.