fritz&scott

Share your wedding plans :)

29 posts in this topic

My fiance and I originally planned a small civil wedding in the US and then do a big one in Boracay next year. But his family requested for us to have a big Catholic wedding in the US as well. So now we have a date set and have done all the necessary major preps. It will be on the 22nd of July. Ceremony will be at The Holy Trinity Catholic Church in Louisville, KY and then reception at Big Spring Country Club with 100++ guests. Getting all these sorted out together with his mom keeps me busy while waiting for the NOA2.

Hopefully VSC would give us our NOA2 this month or first week of March. Oh well, even if it gets delayed (hope not!) we figured I'd still be there in time for the big day. :luv:

I AM SO EXCITED! :D

W2tim4.png

US Wedding 7/22/2011

0386172.th.jpg0725350.th.jpg0962502.th.jpg0733355.th.jpg0857426.th.jpg

PH Wedding 3/12/2013

http://vimeo.com/61700599

Thanks to Lovelyjoy...yes pls i need the contact info's regarding the Divisoria. Tnx :)

Thanks also to Messybrownhair :) im gonna get that crystal stuf too :)

Hiya! I am getting mine done by Ben Verdeblanco in Tutuban Mall, stall number H-28. It's a Monique Lhuillier wedding dress originally priced at $12,000 according to the internet. He's making me the exact same thing for only $460! :dance: He is a designer so he is very reliable and his own designs are gorgeous. You wouldn't think that it's from Divisoria. He's really nice too and very accommodating!

W2tim4.png

US Wedding 7/22/2011

0386172.th.jpg0725350.th.jpg0962502.th.jpg0733355.th.jpg0857426.th.jpg

PH Wedding 3/12/2013

http://vimeo.com/61700599

I highly recommend that you purchase your wedding dress from the Philippines, of course if you are from there. (Lol) I wired the money to my then fiancée, my now wife, to get hers in the Philippines. It was an awesome dress and far less inexpensive than we could have bought it for in the states. She received so many compliments on the dress! We saved so much money on her dress, that it benefited us to buy her an entirely new wardrobe. (smile) May God provide a speedy visa for all!

I had to push back our wedding date already lol! I am hoping for May of 2012. We got our NOA2 in January and I am sending back Packet 3 this afternoon. We are doing a small ceremony in the States and the big thing in Canada. I have my wedding dress (got it back in early 2010! It was the dress I liked but now I need to lose weight to fit back into it!). We are looking at rings and stuff now. I plan to use DIY invitations which I will do in the States when I get there.

Our theme is Canada/America, so our colours are mainly red and white with a bit of blue. My dress is actually white and red as well.

I am looking at about 100 people at the Canadian wedding. I haven't booked anything yet that I can't unbook because I want to know for sure I can come back in time!

formerly sherrybaby

ROC Process

12-13-2013 * 90 day window to apply opens

02-24-2014 * ROC package sent to USCIS Vermont Service Center

02-25-2014 * ROC package received at USCIS Vermont Service Center

02-26-2014 * NOA1 notice date

02-28-2014 * Cheque cashed

03-05-2014 * Biometrics notice date

03-28-2014 * Biometrics Appointment in Baltimore

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

I had plenty of time preparing for a small wedding, since we got NOA2 July, 2010 , did medical last October and interview last November. Need to delay it coz my fiance was deployed at iraq and he will be back March 2011 in the states. Since both of us aren't in the states to plan a small wedding, his mom and my friend helped us. Our weddign will be at Argosy Cruises in Seattle, Washington. My friend who lives in Seattle said she will take care of our invitation coz his hubby own a printing shop. :) We don't really have a theme/motif for the wedding, but my fiance likes sakura/ cherry blossom. We found a very affordable cherry blossom candle for our wedding favor, the invitation's design would also be sakura and my fiance's mom will give us a 3 layered cake with cherry blossom design. I have wedding gown already and will wear fake cabbage rose instead of veil/tiara. I don't have bouquet yet, dont know what flower to used. My friend knows a florist in Seattle so we'll see if it would be far less than $200. I dont want to spend that much for a bouquet. We don't have center piece for tables yet coz i also want it to be cherry blossom just to keep up with the theme. But if not maybe we can just get tall vases and cut branches and paste silk cherry blossom. if not there will be alot of cheap spring flowers for the centerpiece. :) i hard to plan a wedding, since my fiance can't do much coz he's at iraq.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

It's very pretty and its only about 20-50 usd per bouquet, which you can customize to your theme. It will also last forever so its a nice keepsake :) I was shocked that a bridal bouquet cost 200usd in the US so I was like nevermind.. I need a new plan! Lol :)

im interested about this crystal bouquet. it might be cheaper. do you have contact number or website? :D

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi, i am so excited to get married but since we dont hav yet our NOA2(october filer) and interview date...then k1 visa..it's hard to make wedding arrangements. .we're just planning to have a (small)civil wedding....i'll just get my wedding dress,shoes,and wedding give aways in my country (Philippines). But one thing for sure the reception will be at Arlington's Inn, i'v seen their website and i love it hehe...i'm so excited lol for the wedding cup cakes,flowers...so excited to shop for my hubby's wedding attire...the waiting is killing me grrrr :) I am so blessed that I've finally found the man that deserves to be my world... :)

The internet is a wonderful thing! I got in touch with vendors first, read up reviews on them, looked for more pictures online. I booked our major vendors sight unseen (eg photographer, florist, invites, make up and hair, calligraphy etc) -- I did my research well, because I loved them all when I met them! Im also very much in love with the Catholic church and reception area we booked when I visited last year!

I agree, most good vendors are booked up to one year in advance if they're in demand, so it might be nice to get in touch with them early on!

Maybe you should have your groom's suit made in the Philippines as well? My fiance got measured for a suit when he visited, he's so happy with it! We looked at suits for him here and we didnt really find something that fit well. Even his shoes are from the Philippines.

Good luck on your wedding planning! It's one of the few things that keeps me occupied while working and waiting for the NOA2! :)

Timeline

:) :x THANKS FOR SHARING YOUR WEDDING PLANS/IDEAS ... I can't wait to be with my future hubby in Bennington,Vermont to say "I D0" :)

Fritz, I don't have the dressmaker/shop's contact info in Divisoria. But you can look for the wedding shops in Divisoria. They're mostly in front of Tabora St. I do have my friend's (also a dress designer/maker) contact info but she lives in Parañaque.

TIMELINE:

Feb 01, 2011 - Sent I-129F to Texas Lockbox

Feb 07, 2011 - I-129F Received

Feb 19, 2011 - NOA1 (Mail)

May 13, 2011 - NOA2 (e-mail notice)

May 17, 2011 - NOA 2 (Mail)

May 28, 2011 - Got case number after 2 weeks of waiting

May 30-31, 2011 - 2-day Medical at SLMEC (without the NVC letter, just the MCN)

July 01, 2011 - Interview (APPROVED despite delayed documents!)

July 14, 2011 - Picked up visa from 2Go Main

July 15, 2011 - Bought one-way ticket for first time immigrant (rate)

July 18, 2011 - CFO at SMEF-COW

July 31, 2011 - Flight to the US! (Finally!)

My blogsite: www.neighborlj.blogspot.com

Timeline

If you filed Jan 30, I am assuming you got your NOA1 in Feb, then give it 4-6 months for approval and 2 months for NVC, medical and interview.. I think a late September or October wedding would be a safer bet :) You should consider crystal bouquets. Flowers are so expensive in the US. I had mine made in Divisoria, you can view it in my blog. If you have any questions, feel free to ask, I planned my entire wedding on my own during the whole process too :)

Thanks for the tips messybrown! I'm actually thinking of moving the date to Sept 4, my birthday.

Re flowers: I do want to use real flowers as bouquet, but I'm planning to just make it myself. I'm considering using anemones so it'll be easier to arrange and I like them. I might buy all the flowers for the wedding at the flower area in LA to save some money and not hire a florist but ask my Ma and bridesmaids to help me DIY them.

You have a really nice wedding blog. I've been toying with the idea of creating one. :)

TIMELINE:

Feb 01, 2011 - Sent I-129F to Texas Lockbox

Feb 07, 2011 - I-129F Received

Feb 19, 2011 - NOA1 (Mail)

May 13, 2011 - NOA2 (e-mail notice)

May 17, 2011 - NOA 2 (Mail)

May 28, 2011 - Got case number after 2 weeks of waiting

May 30-31, 2011 - 2-day Medical at SLMEC (without the NVC letter, just the MCN)

July 01, 2011 - Interview (APPROVED despite delayed documents!)

July 14, 2011 - Picked up visa from 2Go Main

July 15, 2011 - Bought one-way ticket for first time immigrant (rate)

July 18, 2011 - CFO at SMEF-COW

July 31, 2011 - Flight to the US! (Finally!)

My blogsite: www.neighborlj.blogspot.com

We are doing the whole shebang (church wedding, 100+ guests, reception) all planned during the k1 process :) I blogged all about it here :) Goodluck!!!! :D

Step --you are going all out - :lol: Will yr parents be coming for the wedding here also?? Good luck and best wishes to u both . :lol:

-400 CITIZENSHIP TIMELINE

01-17-2015 = N-400 packet sent (to P.O. Box Dallas via USPS Priority Mail)
01-21-2015 = N-400 packet delivered
01/25/2015 = E confirmation / Text received

01/26/2015 = Check cashed .

02/02/2015 = NOA1 received (Priority Date 01/21/2015)
02/09/2015 = Biometrics Letter received .

02/18/2015 = Biometrics

02/20/2015 = In line for interview

04/10/2015 = Interview Letter received .

05/11/2015 =Interview .

05/11/2015 = Passed Interview
07/01/2015 = Oath letter received
07/24/2015 = Oath Cerememony

Yup my entire family will come for the wedding!

I got all my dresses (wedding gown/bridesmaid gowns etc) in China. :) I went to the wedding dress factory! Hehe

This is a sample of a crystal bouquet (this is for my flower girl)

dsc07980.jpg?w=300&h=225

http://jimtex.multiply.com

Also had my invites made in Manila. It will be a military and catholic wedding! I planned everything myself, but with Tim's help of course. It will be in Vermont, hopefully it won't be too cold. We really wanted to have just one wedding (can't afford to do two- we won't have time to go back to Manila for a big wedding because he is deploying and I am going to work asap)

You can read it all on my blog(I made a long post on the planning process)

Wedding websites are so easy to make! Wedding wire is a good site for it :)

Enjoy the planning and don't stress too much about it! :)

Edited by messybrownhair
My Journey:

We met through a study-abroad program in Shanghai, China in August of 2009

We got engaged March of 2010

I received my K1 VISA in 6 months (June-December 2010)

We were married 04/02/2011
I received my conditional 2-year greencard (AOS) in 2.5 months with no interview (April-June 2011)

Our son was born 02/03/2013

I received my masters degree in Speech-Language Pathology 04/17/2013

I received my 10-year greencard (ROC) in 3 months with no interview (March-June 2013)

My husband returned from deployment 06/20/2013

My naturalization journey took 4 months (April-August 2014)

I became a US citizen on 08/01/2014

Received passport in 3 weeks (regular processing)

Thank you, VJ! smile.png

• 3 months later...
Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Post containing business advertisement in violation of TOS has been removed. Acceptable parts of the post are returned below.

First of all Congrats.But I have no idea about a perfect shop for buying weeding items.

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.