fritz&scott

Share your wedding plans :)

29 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi, i am so excited to get married but since we dont hav yet our NOA2(october filer) and interview date...then k1 visa..it's hard to make wedding arrangements. .we're just planning to have a (small)civil wedding....i'll just get my wedding dress,shoes,and wedding give aways in my country (Philippines). But one thing for sure the reception will be at Arlington's Inn, i'v seen their website and i love it hehe...i'm so excited lol for the wedding cup cakes,flowers...so excited to shop for my hubby's wedding attire...the waiting is killing me grrrr :) I am so blessed that I've finally found the man that deserves to be my world... :)

Filed: IR-5 Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi, i am so excited to get married but since we dont hav yet our NOA2(october filer) and interview date...then k1 visa..it's hard to make wedding arrangements. .we're just planning to have a (small)civil wedding....i'll just get my wedding dress,shoes,and wedding give aways in my country (Philippines). But one thing for sure the reception will be at Arlington's Inn, i'v seen their website and i love it hehe...i'm so excited lol for the wedding cup cakes,flowers...so excited to shop for my hubby's wedding attire...the waiting is killing me grrrr :) I am so blessed that I've finally found the man that deserves to be my world... :)

Filed: IR-5 Country: Philippines
Timeline

same herei'am also searching for my wedding dress and wedding rings while waiting for the NOA2.We'll be having a simple and civil ceremony thats bcoz of the time limit for k1.Its much easier to prepare here in the philippines than in states i think bcoz everybody there is busy.so eveything will be packed here then when i get there well just apply for the marriage license right away.gudlock to us

Edited by corilene

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Romania
Timeline

Same with me! I already bought everything (well I ordered my wedding dress in August and they shipped it just now : - ) ) , picked the place the only thing I still don't have is NOA2 ! I need my NOA2 for our plans to come true ! Good luck with your plans too!

event.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Romania
Timeline

Mmm sounds great :) ...i have no idea yet where to buy a wedding dress any suggestion? Tnx. :)

I got if from Maggie Sottero, they are affordable and gorgeous I just fell for one of them (when we were looking for my friend's wedding dress biggrin.gif) before I was proposed !!! if they don't have the model in stock it takes 6-9 months to make it but they have most in stock and it takes like 2 weeks to ship.

Good luck !

http://www.maggiesottero.com/

event.png

Filed: Country: Vietnam (no flag)
Timeline

Many, especially good, reception halls in the US have to be booked far (like 1 year far) in advance. I hope you can get the reception of your dreams, but even if you don't... you got the man and that's what really matters...

As for me, I'm a youth pastor which means lots of church connections, so while I'll be planning a big wedding (have to), we will have the reception in a church gym (depending which one is available the weekend she can be here) so we'll have flexibility on the date.

Timeline

Many, especially good, reception halls in the US have to be booked far (like 1 year far) in advance. I hope you can get the reception of your dreams, but even if you don't... you got the man and that's what really matters...

As for me, I'm a youth pastor which means lots of church connections, so while I'll be planning a big wedding (have to), we will have the reception in a church gym (depending which one is available the weekend she can be here) so we'll have flexibility on the date.

* YOU ARE RIGHT :) THANKS!

We are doing the whole shebang (church wedding, 100+ guests, reception) all planned during the k1 process :) I blogged all about it here :) Goodluck!!!! :D

My Journey:

We met through a study-abroad program in Shanghai, China in August of 2009

We got engaged March of 2010

I received my K1 VISA in 6 months (June-December 2010)

We were married 04/02/2011
I received my conditional 2-year greencard (AOS) in 2.5 months with no interview (April-June 2011)

Our son was born 02/03/2013

I received my masters degree in Speech-Language Pathology 04/17/2013

I received my 10-year greencard (ROC) in 3 months with no interview (March-June 2013)

My husband returned from deployment 06/20/2013

My naturalization journey took 4 months (April-August 2014)

I became a US citizen on 08/01/2014

Received passport in 3 weeks (regular processing)

Thank you, VJ! smile.png

Timeline

RE: Wedding dress and preparations

Same here!

I'm trying to plan and prepare for our wedding while we're waiting for the papers. We just submitted the I-129 last Jan 30, so it might still take a while before the NOA2 comes. We're expecting for the NOA1 this week though. Crossing our fingers!

I do know of a good wedding dress designer/maker in Parañaque. She's going to make mine and my Ma's dress. So if you need a referral just let me know. I was in Divisoria last Saturday with my Ma and we saw a really nice wedding dress inside one of the shops. Tastefully done I tell you! They said if you have a pic or a design of your dream wedding dress they could copy it for you. And it's really cheap there.

They also have a street named Tabora with all types of wedding souvenirs/items at bargain rates. But I found a PUNI maker site on Facebook and I ordered some of their products as wedding souvenirs and decors. If you also need their contact info just let me know.

I do have a concern. My fiance and I are planning for an Aug 6 wedding in California but we're not sure if my fiancee visa will be approved before our target date. Will it be safer to shoot for a September wedding?

What do you think? Thanks!

TIMELINE:

Feb 01, 2011 - Sent I-129F to Texas Lockbox

Feb 07, 2011 - I-129F Received

Feb 19, 2011 - NOA1 (Mail)

May 13, 2011 - NOA2 (e-mail notice)

May 17, 2011 - NOA 2 (Mail)

May 28, 2011 - Got case number after 2 weeks of waiting

May 30-31, 2011 - 2-day Medical at SLMEC (without the NVC letter, just the MCN)

July 01, 2011 - Interview (APPROVED despite delayed documents!)

July 14, 2011 - Picked up visa from 2Go Main

July 15, 2011 - Bought one-way ticket for first time immigrant (rate)

July 18, 2011 - CFO at SMEF-COW

July 31, 2011 - Flight to the US! (Finally!)

My blogsite: www.neighborlj.blogspot.com

RE: Wedding dress and preparations

Same here!

I'm trying to plan and prepare for our wedding while we're waiting for the papers. We just submitted the I-129 last Jan 30, so it might still take a while before the NOA2 comes. We're expecting for the NOA1 this week though. Crossing our fingers!

I do know of a good wedding dress designer/maker in Parañaque. She's going to make mine and my Ma's dress. So if you need a referral just let me know. I was in Divisoria last Saturday with my Ma and we saw a really nice wedding dress inside one of the shops. Tastefully done I tell you! They said if you have a pic or a design of your dream wedding dress they could copy it for you. And it's really cheap there.

They also have a street named Tabora with all types of wedding souvenirs/items at bargain rates. But I found a PUNI maker site on Facebook and I ordered some of their products as wedding souvenirs and decors. If you also need their contact info just let me know.

I do have a concern. My fiance and I are planning for an Aug 6 wedding in California but we're not sure if my fiancee visa will be approved before our target date. Will it be safer to shoot for a September wedding?

What do you think? Thanks!

If you filed Jan 30, I am assuming you got your NOA1 in Feb, then give it 4-6 months for approval and 2 months for NVC, medical and interview.. I think a late September or October wedding would be a safer bet :) You should consider crystal bouquets. Flowers are so expensive in the US. I had mine made in Divisoria, you can view it in my blog. If you have any questions, feel free to ask, I planned my entire wedding on my own during the whole process too :)

My Journey:

I received my conditional 2-year greencard (AOS) in 2.5 months with no interview (April-June 2011)

I received my 10-year greencard (ROC) in 3 months with no interview (March-June 2013)

Thank you, VJ! smile.png

Thanks to Lovelyjoy...yes pls i need the contact info's regarding the Divisoria. Tnx :)

Thanks also to Messybrownhair :) im gonna get that crystal stuf too :)

It's very pretty and its only about 20-50 usd per bouquet, which you can customize to your theme. It will also last forever so its a nice keepsake :) I was shocked that a bridal bouquet cost 200usd in the US so I was like nevermind.. I need a new plan! Lol :)

My Journey:

Thank you, VJ! smile.png

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Netherlands
Timeline

I'd like to share my wedding plans :rolleyes:

Aaron and I are October filers, so hopefully we'll receive our NOA2 by the end of next month, or beginning of April :dancing:.

As soon as our interview has been approved -crossed fingers-, he and I will go to the US together and get married the same month in South Texas (L). We decided to get married twice due the fact that my family won't be able to come this summer (bought their dream houses, new born baby and work & Aaron and I are going to build our own house too, all in all we're dealing with a lot of stuff in the same period of time). Anywhooooo :whistle: , so me, his parents and Aaron will go to either Las Vegas, Houston or Pidgeon Forge to do a small wedding. Just with the four of us.

As soon as we get our marriage certificate, we will apply for AOS. :dance: A year later, on March 5th, 2012 we planned our DREAM WEDDING (L). With my dream dress, +200 guests, huge cake and a very lovely location: NEDERLAND!!!!!! This is funny: he lives next to this small town called Nederland (which means Netherlands, though where I'm from :innocent: ). It has been built by Dutch immigrants a long time ago and they even have a Dutch windmill, and that's where I want to get married. How funny and cool is that :blush: . My family -my twinsister + boyfriend, my oldest sister + husband + baby, my mom and my grand mother will come over. Wooohoooh!! I bet this is going to be the most beautiful day of our lives together and it will get only more beautiful from there :thumbs: .

And ofcourse not to forget about our honey moon!! Since he has an apartment in Pittsburgh still and we want to build our own house in South Texas, etc, we won't go on a far away trip. So, prolly it's going to be Florida. Like getting a cabin on a beach where nobody will be, except for me and him (L).

These are our plans/dreams for now. If only this process would go sooner :pop:

Edited by Channah&Aaron

holland-flag-44.gifunited-states-flag-88.gif

heart-119.gif August 28th, 2011: Wedding heart-119.giflove-182.gif

AOS
August 31th, 2011: applied for SS#
September 6th: received SS#
September 26th, 2011: AOS sent
September 30th, 2011: NOA1
October 6th, 2011: NOA1 hard copy
October 26th,2011: Biometrics
October 28th, 2011: case transferred to California for faster processing
December 5th, 2011: received EAD/AP card
February 22nd, 2012: Green card in production
February 27th, 2012: GREEN CARD in hand, yaaay!!!

November 10th, 2013: ROC

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.