TjD

Recieved form today

14 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

the petition will be sent to the national visa centre, give it a couple of weeks then call to make sure they have had it. then from there it goes to london. thats the stage were at right now too......

then london send the fiance a letter explaining what to do next

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

the petition will be sent to the national visa centre, give it a couple of weeks then call to make sure they have had it. then from there it goes to london. thats the stage were at right now too......

then london send the fiance a letter explaining what to do next

good.gif

02iqn7wnr.png

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Perhaps you can go the Regional Discussion Forums and post your question in the Europe region . You'll probably get more answers and more experiences for your country. Hope this helps.

02iqn7wnr.png

It says our papers are being sent to the consulate in London.

It means that NVC has completed your case and are forwarding it to the embassy in London. You'll then receive Packet 3 which will have instructions. People who have gone through London can tell you what to prepare for. :)

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

It means that NVC has completed your case and are forwarding it to the embassy in London. You'll then receive Packet 3 which will have instructions. People who have gone through London can tell you what to prepare for. :)

If it meant that, it would be a notice from NVC, not from USCIS. The I-129F petition will stop for a week or two at NVC on its way to London. No worries.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

If it meant that, it would be a notice from NVC, not from USCIS. The I-129F petition will stop for a week or two at NVC on its way to London. No worries.

My mistake, I didn't know this was the NOA2 the OP was talking about. I thought it was a letter from NVC.

Thanks everyone for your replies..I will be so glad when this is over.. I hope it doesn't take to long... I found this link through VisaJourney posts and found it very helpful so I thought I would share it just in case someone else was looking at this and needed the info http://london.usembassy.gov/iv_15.html This is all about Packet 3.

Thanks again....

Tj

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

You have some work to do now, as your fiance will be needing some documents from you, which you don't want to wait to the last minute to prepare.

Among those documents are the affidavit of support, and financial documents to back it up like pay stubs, tax returns, and a letter from the personnel office in your company.

The consulate also likes to see things like sample e-mails over the months you have been corresponding, as well as photos of the two of you together, and other things you can dig up like photos of gifts you have exchanged and receipts for their purchases. This is not an all inclusive list, but just a sample of what you want your fiance to have.

The point is that gathering all this stuff is a lot of work, so you want to get started on it.

Yes I can see that there is alot of work to do and I have already started gathering all of it up. I have tons of stuff to print off though.. But thats ok, it will be worth it. I was wondering about bank statements though.

Thank you so much for your reply, it def helps to have this stuff all listed in one place.

I just wish I knew about how long all this will take.

TJ

You have some work to do now, as your fiance will be needing some documents from you, which you don't want to wait to the last minute to prepare.

Among those documents are the affidavit of support, and financial documents to back it up like pay stubs, tax returns, and a letter from the personnel office in your company.

The consulate also likes to see things like sample e-mails over the months you have been corresponding, as well as photos of the two of you together, and other things you can dig up like photos of gifts you have exchanged and receipts for their purchases. This is not an all inclusive list, but just a sample of what you want your fiance to have.

The point is that gathering all this stuff is a lot of work, so you want to get started on it.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Bank statements and other docs to show the value of assets are helpful but not really necessary unless your income is marginal.

I intend to send Elena my bank statement, appraisal on my house, and mortgage statement even though my income is several times the minimum needed for acceptance. I just don;t want to take any chances. One statement with the current balance should suffice.

I don't know how long it will take because that depends on the embassy, and I have no specific information on London. Just don't assume that the embassy from a Western Democracy is necessarily faster, as one of the slowest on Earth is our northern neighbor, Canada.

Edited by Al422

I know the wait is horrible. It took us almost 6 months to get our NOA 2... Awful isn't it.

I think I will include the bank statement too, Im not taking chances either.

Tj

Bank statements and other docs to show the value of assets are helpful but not really necessary unless your income is marginal.

I intend to send Elena my bank statement, appraisal on my house, and mortgage statement even though my income is several times the minimum needed for acceptance. I just don;t want to take any chances. One statement with the current balance should suffice.

I don't know how long it will take because that depends on the embassy, and I have no specific information on London. Just don't assume that the embassy from a Western Democracy is necessarily faster, as one of the slowest on Earth is our northern neighbor, Canada.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.