Jump to content

3 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia

I am so confused. I have sent the AOS package for my husband and it was returned with a Rejection Notice because the amount of the check was incorrect! Cn someone please clarify once and for all what the fee is?!?! I am so frustrated! I sent a check for $1,010 and a check for $340, and the I-797C states that the check amount is incorrect. The correct filing fee is $985.00. Each applicant between the ages of 14 and 79 must also include an additional $85.00 fingerprint fee. So, it's $1070, plus the $340?!?!? Can someone please spell this out for me?! I am going CRAZY!!!

Thank you!

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China

YOU NEED to read I-485 directions, and the USCIS website.

AOS I-485 fee went from $1010 to $1070 last fall, this fee also covers I-765, and I-131.

Where did you get $340 from?? Nothing in AOS needs $340 unless you are filing an I-130 to base AOS on if adjusting from something other than a K-Visa, which the fee for I-130 is now: $420


OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.



Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia

Agree with the above. What visa are you adjusting from?

The EAD used to be $340 fee BUT as stated above, as an AOS applicant you don't pay for the EAD. You are working with fees that changed Nov 23rd.. but the forms and websites HAVE been updated so you obviously haven't read anything since before Nov 23rd which is dangerous. Some of the forms have also been updated so you will need to go through ALL of your forms and make sure they're the most recent forms.

There is an AOS thread in my signature that should help you with what documents to attach.

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
- Back to Top -

Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.
  • Create New...