mell8725

Ready to send off AOS...few last minute questions

6 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

hey there, i have a few questions before i mail my package tomorrow. I will me sending the I485, I130, I765, I693 & I864

I would like to know if i have to arrange all the forms and supporting evidence i a particular order and what do i do with the passport photos, should I just put them all in the envelope or should i staple them to the forms they go with??

I am really trying to make everything right the first time so there are no delays...thanks in advance for all the help!!

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

You don't have to put the forms in any particular order. Make sure you include your passport photos and it does

not be stapled. GOOD LUCK..................

good.gif

Current cut off date F2A - Current 

Brother's Journey (F2A) - PD Dec 30, 2010

Dec 30 2010 - Notice of Action 1 (NOA1)
May 12 2011 - Notice of Action 2 (NOA2)
May 23 2011 - NVC case # Assigned
Nov 17 2011 - COA / I-864 received
Nov 18 2011 - Sent COA
Apr 30 2012 - Pay AOS fee

Oct 15 2012 - Pay IV fee
Oct 25 2012 - Sent AOS/IV Package

Oct 29 2012 - Pkg Delivered
Dec 24 2012 - Case Complete

May 17 2013 - Interview-Approved

July 19 2013 - Enter the USA

"... Answer when you are called..."

hey there, i have a few questions before i mail my package tomorrow. I will me sending the I485, I130, I765, I693 & I864

I would like to know if i have to arrange all the forms and supporting evidence i a particular order and what do i do with the passport photos, should I just put them all in the envelope or should i staple them to the forms they go with??

I am really trying to make everything right the first time so there are no delays...thanks in advance for all the help!!

I just put the forms in a logical order, starting with the I-485, then the I-864, I-693. The I-130 and I-765 aren't processed at the same place after a little while, so don't forget to include another set of the supporting documents.

I put each set of photos in a ziplock bag and stapled that to a sheet.

Don't forget your G-325A

Read the guides here on VJ. It tells you everything you've asked here. Find the group on the AOS from Family Based Visas/ Case Filing and Progress Reports for the February filers. It's really helpful to have others who filed the same thing at a similar time to support and see each other through the process.

Good luck :)

Timeline Summary:

K-1/K-2 NOA1 - POE: 9 February - 9 July 2010

Married: 17 July 2010

AOS mailed - Interview : 22 November 2010 - 10 March 2011

ROC mailed - approved: 14 February - 18 June 2013

Citizenship mailed - ceremony: 9 February - 7 June 2017

VJ K-2 AOS Guide

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Romania
Timeline

Hi!

I sent the AOS package last week. I did just as SunDrop said - put the pics in a ziplock bag and staple the bag to a sheet of paper. Be sure that the bag can still be easily open. For I-130 I put each picture behind the corresponding G325A. Don't forget to write your names on the back of the pictures using felt pen or a pencil. I would recommend a felt pen. I filled out the forms with my husband's name, as this is the name I want on the green card, but, I wrote my maiden name on the back of the pictures. Hope it's ok! :)

As for the order of the documents for each form, follow the USCIS list for each form. When I mailed them, I put each form in a separate envelope with a cover letter for each form and an overall cover letter. I rubber banded together I-485,I765, and I-131 and then I put them all, with I -130 on top, in a big envelope.

Anyway, here is the link to February 2011 AOS filers http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/293396-february-2011-filers/

Good luck!

2-7-11 - Day 0 -sent AOS package (concurrent filling)

2-11-11-Day 4 - received text message from USCIS with the receipt number

2-18-2011 - Day 11[/font]- received NOA 1 in mail for I-130, I-485, I-765, I-131

2-22-2011 -Day 15- received biometrics letter -appt March 14

3-10-2011- still cannot see case online although I called USCIS two days ago

3-14-2011- Day 35- Biometrics done on the appointment day

3-24-2011-Day 45-case showing up online!!!! USCIS mailed on 3-23 my interview appt letter- April 26 is the day!

3-26-2011-Day 48-Received interview appt letter

4-1-2011-Day 59- USCIS mailed I-131 approval and ordered production of my new card (I assume the combined EAD/AP)

4-11-2012-Day 69- received EAd&AP combo in mail! Bad picture!

4-26-2011-Day 84-APPROVED!!! Card production ordered!

4-30-2011-Day 88-Welcome to America letter received

5-4-2011-Day 92 - received green card in mail (8 days after the interview) - it is kinda green!!!!

as1cEY2003-0000MDA0NDZzfDAwMDYxOTN8V2UgaGF2ZSBiZWVuIG1hcnJpZWQgZm9y.gif

I just put the forms in a logical order, starting with the I-485, then the I-864, I-693. The I-130 and I-765 aren't processed at the same place after a little while, so don't forget to include another set of the supporting documents.

I put each set of photos in a ziplock bag and stapled that to a sheet.

Don't forget your G-325A

Read the guides here on VJ. It tells you everything you've asked here. Find the group on the AOS from Family Based Visas/ Case Filing and Progress Reports for the February filers. It's really helpful to have others who filed the same thing at a similar time to support and see each other through the process.

The I-130 and I-765 stay together with the I-485 all the time for concurrent filers. They are not separated like a K-1 case. Also, Concurrent filers need 3 G-325A's. (Two for beneficiary and one for petitioner). Lastly, the case filing thread suggested here is for K-1 AOS'ers (and any remaining K-3). Concurrent filers have their own progress subforum related to this forum and found directly below it. As of yet, there is no February thread started, but the OP could start one. It gets very confusing for a concurrent filer to join a K-1 progress report and vice-versa. Not all K-1's get interviews, they are processed at different places, the timeline is different. The whole forum is divided up for a reason. I would suggest the OP start a February filers thread for non K-1's and every so often check in with the K-1 if the thread here doesn't fill up.

Anyway, here is the link to February 2011 AOS filers http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/293396-february-2011-filers/

I would suggest the OP not post in the thread linked, but rather start a thread here:

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/forum/138-adjustment-of-status-case-filing-and-progress-reports/

Romancita and the Op can start it off :)

Edited by Harpa Timsah

AOS for my husband
8/17/10: INTERVIEW DAY (day 123) APPROVED!!

ROC:
5/23/12: Sent out package
2/06/13: APPROVED!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.