nogales.dgo

February 2011 Immigrant Visa filers (CR-1/IR-1)

218 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

hello everybody,

my husband and i just paid the fees for the aos and the petition IV online. our status is paid. some of you have already your interview appointment so you went through this step already and you may can give us an advice to the following step.

we just wonder if we have to wait for a request of the nvc to sent the forms I-864EZ and DS-230 or if we just print out the cover sheets and download the forms of the nvc webpage and sent it to the nvc.

and one question more: did you sent the forms as an pdf by e-mail or did you sent the papers by mail.

thanks for your help

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Country: Finland
Timeline

Had my interview yeasterday. I got accepted!

It was an easy interview. I sat there for an hour, of which 5 minute was action.. They just asked few simple questions like where we met, where i work, where my husband works. And then of the lil insident i had at the boarder one time. In the end the interviewer just said " You're visa aplication has been accepted" in a tone of voise that it was already decided, i just asked the questions for fun.. :D

Now i just need to wait for the visa to come in mail and get my flight tickets!! Good luck to everyone to their interviews and to those who still wait, keep the hope up and enjoy of every day :)

event.png

hello everybody,

my husband and i just paid the fees for the aos and the petition IV online. our status is paid. some of you have already your interview appointment so you went through this step already and you may can give us an advice to the following step.

we just wonder if we have to wait for a request of the nvc to sent the forms I-864EZ and DS-230 or if we just print out the cover sheets and download the forms of the nvc webpage and sent it to the nvc.

and one question more: did you sent the forms as an pdf by e-mail or did you sent the papers by mail.

thanks for your help

Hiya :innocent: Since the status is Paid for both AOS and IV bill, you can print out the cover sheets and forms and send it together with all the other required documents :star:NVC will not be sending any request for the forms anymore ;)

The forms and papers are to be sent by Mail :) Best of luck with NVC and hopefully you'll fly by and get a CC soon!

Had my interview yeasterday. I got accepted!

It was an easy interview. I sat there for an hour, of which 5 minute was action.. They just asked few simple questions like where we met, where i work, where my husband works. And then of the lil insident i had at the boarder one time. In the end the interviewer just said " You're visa aplication has been accepted" in a tone of voise that it was already decided, i just asked the questions for fun.. :D

Now i just need to wait for the visa to come in mail and get my flight tickets!! Good luck to everyone to their interviews and to those who still wait, keep the hope up and enjoy of every day :)

Congratratulatins!! ;) That's cool that it was so easy - hope mine will be me like that too ha ha :dance::star:

Edited by Alberto&Asni

- Somewhere between heartaches and waiting comes the chance to be found by someone who can show you that you don't have to be just an Option, but the only CHOICE-

cybkik5.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Interview over - welcome to the US!!! Wife entered the country through Toronto - amazing that the border guards still had to give her a hard time. What is it with the guards in Toronto!! (US border patrol) I was never treated rudely by the Canadian guards. The guard actually scared her and told her the visa means nothing, she needs to file more papers, etc, etc....(is this WW@ all over - sh9ow me your papers???) ya know maybe that is what is the main problem in this country (US). We spend more time screwing with the folks who paid the fees, filed the forms, waited, and waited, and waited, and went through the whole process than we do with the illegal entrants. The system is just not working the way it is supposed to.

Anyway, the wife is on the way and as far as the BG that gave her such a hard time, well, all I can say is that Karma can be a real ###### sometimes. Good luck to everyone else and I hope you all find border personnel who don't think it is necessary to be rude and frighten someone just to build their own ego.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Interview over - welcome to the US!!! Wife entered the country through Toronto - amazing that the border guards still had to give her a hard time. What is it with the guards in Toronto!! (US border patrol) I was never treated rudely by the Canadian guards. The guard actually scared her and told her the visa means nothing, she needs to file more papers, etc, etc....(is this WW@ all over - sh9ow me your papers???) ya know maybe that is what is the main problem in this country (US). We spend more time screwing with the folks who paid the fees, filed the forms, waited, and waited, and waited, and went through the whole process than we do with the illegal entrants. The system is just not working the way it is supposed to.

Anyway, the wife is on the way and as far as the BG that gave her such a hard time, well, all I can say is that Karma can be a real ###### sometimes. Good luck to everyone else and I hope you all find border personnel who don't think it is necessary to be rude and frighten someone just to build their own ego.

Wow! That sucks! We will be going through Miami! I pray for a better experience! Thank God she's here now!

Married: 11/04/10
Sent I-130: 01/31/11
Priority Date: 02/03/11
Rec'd NOA1: 02/08/11
Rec'd NOA2: 05/31/11
NOA2 Hard Copy: 06/03/11
NVC Rec'd: 06/13/11
Case # assigned: 06/15/11
DS-3032 email: 06/17/11
AOS Invoice: 06/17/11
Pay'd AOS: 06/20/11
Mailed AOS pckt: 06/23/11
IV pckt Invoice: 06/23/11
Pay'd IV fee: 06/23/11
IV Pckt Instructions: 06/28/11
Mailed IV pckt: 07/05/11
SIF: 07/18/11
Interview 09/09/11

ROC
Sent I-751: 7/22/13
NOA: 07/29/13
Biometrics: 08/27/13

Approval: 12/11/13

Card in Hand: 12/19/13

iwwyle23pmh.png

Filed: Country: Finland
Timeline

I been to states 3 times. I'm a tiny girl and you won't find a more honest and innocent looking one. Every single time i have gone through the border i been questioned and treated like a criminal. Twice they have taken me to the back room to question me. I hate the border people from the bottom of my heart. And it scares me to death to even think that i will have to be dealing whit them again whit all these papers. I really hope i find a nice one to deal whit my papers this time. And i hope everyone else does too.

event.png

Timeline

I been to states 3 times. I'm a tiny girl and you won't find a more honest and innocent looking one. Every single time i have gone through the border i been questioned and treated like a criminal. Twice they have taken me to the back room to question me. I hate the border people from the bottom of my heart. And it scares me to death to even think that i will have to be dealing whit them again whit all these papers. I really hope i find a nice one to deal whit my papers this time. And i hope everyone else does too.

My wife has had similar treatment. I do not believe there is any reason for the Border personnel to be rude, obnoxious, or spout rules and requirements that apparently know little about. Her docs clearly say she will receive a green card good for two years, and after 21 months she can file for a permanent resident card. I respect the job most guards do, but seriously....hassling a female with all her documents in order, who has received multiple inspections, reports filed, interviews, paid fees, etc. Personally, I think they need to behave in a business manner, respectful, and not try to frighten and intimidate people. Good luck!!! I hope you get a responsible and courteous guard.

Timeline

Wow! That sucks! We will be going through Miami! I pray for a better experience! Thank God she's here now!

She is here and calmed down now. I also hope you have a better experience. Maybe Miami will have guards that are less intimidating and more friendly and decent in their treatment of potentially future American citizens.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.