type2negative

Murder, assault, and possibly fraud marriage???

63 posts in this topic

1. You can't force someone to get married in Islam

2. He could have said no

Aren't those options saying the same thing? :P

yes, I just felt like saying it in different way just in case the negative dude didn't understand it. He is seems to interperet things a little different then the rest of the world.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Russia
Timeline
Most people I know who were born here and went through arranged marriages did so willingly.

I see a logical fallacy here.

2. He could have said no

3. There is no country in the world that is 100% Muslim. Therefore, hey may not have been Muslim.

4. Not wanting to get married doesn't make you go around trying to kill people.

5. Just because CNN said it, don't make it true.

Well apparently 4 and 5 are not true at all.

I would guess number 2 is wrong as well,

Number one - Well, hmmm with all the women rights in Islam and their garems, and this particular story, i would at very least doubt it.

Number 3. Hmmm Well may be true, but we talk probabilities here. (you can google this word)

Filed: Timeline

Most people I know who were born here and went through arranged marriages did so willingly.

Do you think arranged marriage means the bridge/groom don't get to consent?

While that may be the case in some families, it is not the case in most families I know.

Man is made by his belief. As he believes, so he is.

Then it is not "arranged" amrriage in this sense. It is more like "Help a loser/non-social persone out" kinda thing.

Ok, if you define arranged marriage differently, that's your problem.

But the fact remains that most arranged marriages in this day and age include and accomodate consent of both parties.

2. He could have said no

3. There is no country in the world that is 100% Muslim. Therefore, hey may not have been Muslim.

4. Not wanting to get married doesn't make you go around trying to kill people.

5. Just because CNN said it, don't make it true.

Well apparently 4 and 5 are not true at all.

I would guess number 2 is wrong as well,

Number one - Well, hmmm with all the women rights in Islam and their garems, and this particular story, i would at very least doubt it.

Number 3. Hmmm Well may be true, but we talk probabilities here. (you can google this word)

Dude, Where do you get your logic.

What are Garms. and I am sure you know absolutly nothing about women's rights in Islam.

We are not talking probability. You are confirming that he is Muslim because he is from Afganastan.

And why is that a logical fallacy. It's very simple. Mom, Dad, I want to get married. help me out. parents introduce him to a girl, he agrees, they get married. Arranged Marriage with consent.

Edited by lostinlove228

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Algeria
Timeline

what does this have to do with Muslim Content. The guy might be muslim. No where in the article does it say he is Muslim. It has absolutly nothing to do with Islam. People crack me up.

Looks like we agree. The guy in the story has mental problems.

i stoped reading the articale after the first pargraph lol boooooring. ;)

glitter_maker_12_28_2006_10_08_52_29516.gif

us3.jpg

Copy_of_Algeriaflagsamir.gif

usaflagshannon.gif

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Russia
Timeline
We are not talking probability. You are confirming that he is Muslim because he is from Afganastan.

More like suggesting.

But the fact remains that most arranged marriages in this day and age include and accomodate consent of both parties.

Then it falls into "help a loser out" category. Truly arranged marriage shouldnt require consent. And it seems like to be the case in this article.

From Walmart. Was on Sale. So I took extra. Buy one get 2 free. I got three and stole 2 more.

More like suggesting.

Then it falls into "help a loser out" category. Truly arranged marriage shouldnt require consent. And it seems like to be the case in this article.

From Walmart. Was on Sale. So I took extra. Buy one get 2 free. I got three and stole 2 more.

Return it and get your money back, ti's defective

"Muslim Content" Therefore confirming that you believe this, not suggesting.

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
What are Garms. and I am sure you know absolutly nothing about women's rights in Islam.

I'm guessing he meant "harems".

Not that I'm defending the guy -- the article has nothing to do with Islam or arranged marriages.

biden_pinhead.jpgspace.gifrolling-stones-american-flag-tongue.jpgspace.gifinside-geico.jpg

Truly arranged marriage shouldnt require consent.

And yet, in this day and age, they usually do :whistle:

And it seems like to be the case in this article.

There is nothing in the article to suggest that.

Filed: Other Country: Afghanistan
Timeline

I had an arranged marriage and I was fine with it. It works for some and doesn't work for some. Just like stories you hear in the States where the couple dated for years and got married and ten years later their spouse turns out to be: gay/cross dresser/ serial killer

An interesting blog on this news...

h ttp://www.debbieschlussel.com/archives/2006/08/islamic_terrori_2.html

Link broken on purpose so people don't click there from here (that allows for referring url trackback). If you want to read, copy and paste the URL into your browser. Delete the space between the 'h' and the 'ttp'

Edited by Gupt