raj1975

Premium Processing Option for I130's (CR and IR)? Vote!

12 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

isn't this a great time to introduce new option for premium processing (faster track) option for I130 (CR and IR only) processing?

Charge more fees = more USCIS/NVC workforce = faster approvals? and bridge the current applicants who want to have premium processing by asking to pay the difference in fees?

What would be great, is if they gave you a time frame and were required by some law to meet it, and if not then you were auto approved

07-24-2009 Received NOA1
08-05-2009 Touched
10-02-2009 I-797C for Biometrics Appt
10-26-2009 Biometrics Appt. Completed
05-11-2010 Request for Evidence on both the I129F and I130
07-01-2010 Case Transferred to Vermont Service Center
10-20-2011 Contacted Ombudsman
02-07-2012 Case denied after almost 3 years =(
03-07-2012 Appeal Filed!
01-20-2013 Contacted Ombudsman again...

06-25-2013 EOIR Appeal Review

Visit my blog at http://goo.gl/ON4wG/

atckcgod5n.png

isn't this a great time to introduce new option for premium processing (faster track) option for I130 (CR and IR only) processing?

Charge more fees = more USCIS/NVC workforce = faster approvals? and bridge the current applicants who want to have premium processing by asking to pay the difference in fees?

I gave my opinion on this to you earlier. I believe this decision would be unethical. We are all desperate to be reunited with our loved ones. Why should some of us have to suffer longer and be apart longer than those who could afford the extra cash for premium processing? It just doesn't seem right to me. The filing fee has already recently increased and it certainly doesn't need to be any higher;

USCIS and NVC can't just increase their levels of staff. They are government run departments and there isn't some big pot of money to finance a larger workforce.

USCIS California Service Center

10-NOV 2010 - I-130 sent to Chicago Lockbox

16-NOV 2010 - NOA1 Received

22-NOV 2010 - Service Request for Expedite

10-DEC 2010 - Faxed medical proof to USCIS

17-DEC 2010 - I-130 Approved

27-DEC 2010 - NOA2 Received

National Visa Center

29-DEC 2010 - NVC case number assigned

01-JAN 2011 - Emailed expedite request to NVC

14-JAN 2011 - Expedite approved. Case forwarded to U.S. embassy

25-JAN 2011 - Medical Exam

U.S. Embassy

25-JAN 2011 - Packet 3 received

02-FEB 2011 - Sent DS-230 & DS-2001

18-FEB 2011 - Interview 8:30 AM - APPROVED

Port of Entry

14-MAR 2011 - POE Atlanta

Filed: Timeline

USCIS and NVC can't just increase their levels of staff. They are government run departments and there isn't some big pot of money to finance a larger workforce.

exactly that pot of money can be collected by charging a substabtially high fees and employing additional workforce to suffice the premium processing applicants?

and I believe everyone is required to meet the poverty guidelines so your argument that people cannot afford it is baseless and does not hold substance in it.

By providing the affidavit of support you are basically saying you will support your dependent so when you can do that i don't see how one cannot afford higher fees especially if you can be with your loved ones sooner?

H1B visa or something i don't remember has an option of premium processing i think..so in that case isn't it unfair for others who are not using premium processing for whatever the reason? if people have options between normal and premium processing they will choose whichever they want and again this does not have to be at the expense of normal processing filers.

exactly that pot of money can be collected by charging a substabtially high fees and employing additional workforce to suffice the premium processing applicants?

and I believe everyone is required to meet the poverty guidelines so your argument that people cannot afford it is baseless and does not hold substance in it.

By providing the affidavit of support you are basically saying you will support your dependent so when you can do that i don't see how one cannot afford higher fees especially if you can be with your loved ones sooner?

H1B visa or something i don't remember has an option of premium processing i think..so in that case isn't it unfair for others who are not using premium processing for whatever the reason? if people have options between normal and premium processing they will choose whichever they want and again this does not have to be at the expense of normal processing filers.

Obviously you have no idea what it is like to live at 125% of poverty level! I think my taxes alone should get me timely processing so I can be with my spouse.

event.png

event.png

• 6 years later...
Filed: Other Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Most people do what they have to do for love. I moved to Ecuador to be with my love. If you do not have the money, it is ok. Just do not be hostile to those that are willing and able to spend some extra money. Instead of bitter you can be creative. Besides, at the end it will help everybody, even the ones that did not pay the premium fee.

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
2 minutes ago, migueloritz said:

Does that mean you are not going to submit an I-864? You do know that you need that one. Like most things in life, it comes down to the money.

Not the same thing by any means.  I don't agree with investors greencards either.

No.  IMHO Donald Trump's wife didn't deserve to come here any faster than me just because he's rich.  I disagree with premium processing in anything but work visas. 

I also don't agree with joint sponsors except in special case by case basis or with adjustment of status from work, student, or tourist visas except in extreme circumstances. 

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

~~moved to general immigration discussion as topic isn't asking about the IR1/CR1 process in particular but rather is a discussion about premium processing~~

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Thread from 2011 is now closed to further comment.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.