bigred123

Expedite French Background Check?

7 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Hello,

I am applying for K1 Fiance visa for my fiance. The only document lacking is her background check from when she lived in a convent for a year in France, and she has sent away for it.

Does anyone know how to expedite this?

Thanks,

BigRed

Are you filing an I-129f petition? You do not need a background check for a petition. If it is a fiancee VISA application then SHE made the application at the consulate and needs the background check. Please clarify where you are at in the process.

Edited by Gary and Alla

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Filed: Timeline

Are you filing an I-129f petition? You do not need a background check for a petition. If it is a fiancee VISA application then SHE made the application at the consulate and needs the background check. Please clarify where you are at in the process.

Yes, I am filing an I-129f petition. Like I said, she sent off the petition. All done except interview.

My question was: is there a way to expedite the French background check? does anybody by chance know. thanks

Yes, I am filing an I-129f petition. Like I said, she sent off the petition. All done except interview.

My question was: is there a way to expedite the French background check? does anybody by chance know. thanks

If you recently filed the I129F petition, then you have plenty of time before the French police report is needed. It is not needed until she has her interview at the consulate, which is normally several months from the date you first file.

Wait - who filed for what and where? Are you the US citizen? Did you just recently file the petition with USCIS in the US? Or has the petition already been approved and your fiance' has sent off her application for a visa at a US consulate abroad?

Edited by Rebecca Jo

Our journey together on this earth has come to an end.

I will see you one day again, my love.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I am in a similar situation - I am the beneficiary and took my 3rd year of university abroad (in my motherland of all places ;)). Now, I need a police check from over there, but ONLY the Montreal consulate can request it from the Amsterdam consulate so there was no way I could have taken care of this in advance.

I also wish I knew how long the process might take...

April, 2009 - We met

May, 2009 - We wooed

June, 2010 - We got engaged, looking forward to a small August 2010 wedding

** Reality Check: K-1 Process**

July 22, 2010 - NOA1

**5 months of patient waiting**

December 29, 2011 - call around for information about delay

January 5, 2011 - RFE notice (first online status update yet!)

January 10, 2011 - RFE Hardcopy

January 13, 2011 - RFE Response acknowledged

January 24, 2011 - NOA2 (at last!!)

February 3, 2011 - application sent from NVC to Montreal (aka. the Abyss?)

March 7, 2011 - Packet 3 sent to me

March 10, 2011 - Packet 3 delivered to Montreal

March 21, 2011 - Packet 4 sent to me

April 5, 2011 - Medical

April 13, 2011 - Interview - approved!

April 20, 2011 - visa in hand

May 9, 2011 - POE (Buffalo, NY)

May 10, 2011 - wedding :)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

How long since you requested the police report?

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

moving thread to:

US Embassy and Consulate Discussion

This is the place to post your experiences or questions related to this last step before moving to the US. Topics relating to I-134's, packets sent from consulate and medical & police certificates should be posted here.

YMMV

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.