lbabe7

removing condition RC

8 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: India
Timeline

Hi Members of vj,

My conditional green card will be expire on july 6th …I have few questions here

1)when should I send application to remove condition?

2) affidavits from US citizen friends needed notorized?

3) third question is bit important

we don’t have joint bank accounts, joint tax,,cars,joint lease etc…we don’t have any joining financial interests becoz he is supported by his mom and he do only part time job at restaurant . and we live separately but now he is coming soon here to join me and we are going to live together again.

But I have lots of our pictures together, and I went to visit him (airline tickets), phone bills (shown my number in his phone bills) .we regularly talk, e-mailing to each other, cards,affidavits from 3 close friends from us

so my question is it ok to send only these above documents...our marriage is true and we love each other...its happend becouse of our bad financial situation

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

you can file to remove conditions count back 90 days from the date your permenent residence card expires, ....you don't need the affidavits notorized, it's up to you if you want,you don't have enough evidence to show a bona fide marriage, to show living togather sharing finances, things married couples do, pay bills credit cards, joint banking, file taxes joint,rent ,and utility bills driver license showing the same address, auto insurance, health insurance policy,trips togather, pictures togather, i belive you don't show enough evidence, read the guides,good luck

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

you can file your 1-751 to remove conditions after april 8 2011, and not before or they send it back to you,...your green card expires july 6 so you count backwards 90 days, you can file

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline

1: 90 days before the expiration of your GC

2: Does not need to be notarized

3: Since you have a very unusual situation it is important that you attach a letter explaining why you don't have the "normal" evidence of co-mingling.

I have to say though that your evidence are a bit weak.

Why didn't you file your tax-returns jointly?

Why aren't you able to live with your husband?

Did you live together at any point after you came here? (If so, do you have proof of that?)

These are questions that will be posed by the Officer reviewing your paperwork.

Edited by yohino

April 2007 : Met
07/28/07 : Officialy dating
06/07/09 : Engaged
09/04/09 : Married

10/06/09 : I-130 Sent
10/15/09 : NOA1
01/11/10 : Expedite Request Sent Through Congressman
01/14/10 : NOA2

01/22/10 : Got NVC casenumber
03/16/10 : Case Complete

05/04/10 : Medical
05/11/10 : Interview - APPROVED!!
05/14/10 : Passport w/ Visa recieved

05/29/10 : POE JFK
06/25/10 : Apply for SSN
06/29/10 : Received Welcome Letter
07/01/10 : Recieved SSN (33 days after POE)
07/07/10 : Greencard production ordered
07/13/10 : Second Welcome Letter recieved
07/15/10 : Green Card recieved (47 days after POE)

04/02/12 : ROC NOA1
05/24/12 : ROC Biometrics
12/19/12 : ROC Approval
12/24/12 : New GC recieved

3/18/16 : N-400 Application sent
3/25/16 : Text/Email confirmation NOA
4/22/16 : Biometrics Appt

6/24/16 : NOA date for Interview

7/28/2016: Interview

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

I agree with yohino, you may run into difficulty at ROC, I'd expect an interview at least. Is there a reason you cannot get a joint bank account and he puts his money in there? If you can move together before you file, that would help too.

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

I totally agree with Yohino. :yes:

Why didn't you file your tax-returns jointly?

Why aren't you able to live with your husband?

Did you live together at any point after you came here? (If so, do you have proof of that?)

What kind of evidence did you submit to get your AOS approved? :unsure:

ROC - approved 08/2011

We also had a bit of evidence missing due to financial hardship and unemployment. However we've lived together and maintained a joint bank account, lease and utilities in our names. We submitted that along with tons of pictures and mail received together.

I explained this in my cover letter why we didn't own a car until this year and were unable to purchase life or health insurance.

You'll want to gather as much as you can, pictures, letters addressed to both of you, perhaps a declaration letter from each of you describing your situation and how you met, your love for each other, etc.

You'll want to of course in your cover letter explain your situation in a factual manner, also your intention to live together when finances permit, and when you're planning on doing so. I suspect you had to have a co-sponsor like we did in order to get your AOS approved. Like you said make sure to get notarized sworn affidavits, one from your co-sponsor and some family and friends. They're supposedly weak forms of evidence, so you might want to get many.

You say you don't live together, was there any point you did live together and have any proof of that?

USC

11/10/2007 married

12/17/2007 I-130 1-485 submitted

9/4/2008 AOS interview

1/29/2009 GC

12/15/2010 I-751 sent

5/7/2011 ROC approved

5/11/2011 email stating card production ordered

5/13/2011 approval letter received in mail

5/13/2011 GC sent to wrong address due to system error

5/16/2011 service request opened

5/16/2011 usps tracking number shows card undeliverable

6/13/2011 GC returned to VSC

6/15/2011 case status update shows card was mailed out to correct address

6/17/2011 GC received in mail

*I'd get the sworn affidavits notarized although they don't have to be just because you are lacking in other evidence.

USC

11/10/2007 married

12/17/2007 I-130 1-485 submitted

9/4/2008 AOS interview

1/29/2009 GC

12/15/2010 I-751 sent

5/7/2011 ROC approved

5/11/2011 email stating card production ordered

5/13/2011 approval letter received in mail

5/13/2011 GC sent to wrong address due to system error

5/16/2011 service request opened

5/16/2011 usps tracking number shows card undeliverable

6/13/2011 GC returned to VSC

6/15/2011 case status update shows card was mailed out to correct address

6/17/2011 GC received in mail

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.