dallastexas83

Case # and Best time to Call NVC after getting approval

24 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-5 Country: Philippines
Timeline

I am finally relieved that after close to seven months of sending the I-130 form for my dad (filed July 17, 2010 and approved on Feb. 3, 2011), finally heard an approval from the USCIS. It says the hard copy is being mailed and should be in my mail box soon.

I would like to know if the case number will be stated from that letter of approval (NOA2) or will I have to get from the NVC? When is the best time for me to call NVC? Can I start calling them as early as now or will I have to wait for the hard copy of approval they sent me, thats on its way?

I do have the receipt number which they assigned/issued on the day that they got the I-130 form application. Will that be enough information for me to start calling and move up to the next level of the process?

Thank you all for your help and pls kindly advise.Thanks.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

You will have to get the case number from the NVC.

NVC Contact information:

By E-mail

The NVC’s e-mail address is NVCINQUIRY@state.gov.

In order to ensure a prompt response:

Enter your NVC Case Number in the Subject Line of the e-mail.

Provide the applicant’s name and date of birth and the petitioner’s name and date of birth.

If you are an attorney, include the name of the law office requesting the information.

If the petition is employment-based, include the company/organization name.

Ask about only one case per e-mail.

24-Hour Information

An automated recorded message system is available twenty-four hours a day, seven days a week to answer case status inquiries (603-334-0700).

Note: This service requires the use of a touch-tone telephone.

Operator Assistance

Telephone operators are available to respond to more in-depth inquiries.

Tel: (603-334-0700).

Hours: Monday through Friday from 7:30 AM to 12:00 AM (Eastern Time)

Our journey:

Spoiler

September 2007: Met online via social networking site (MySpace); began exchanging messages.
March 26, 2009: We become a couple!
September 10, 2009: Arrived for first meeting in-person!
June 17, 2010: Arrived for second in-person meeting and start of travel together to other areas of China!
June 21, 2010: Engaged!!!
September 1, 2010: Switched course from K1 to CR-1
December 8, 2010: Wedding date set; it will be on February 18, 2011!
February 9, 2011: Depart for China
February 11, 2011: Registered for marriage in Wuhan, officially married!!!
February 18, 2011: Wedding ceremony in Shiyan!!!
April 22, 2011: Mailed I-130 to Chicago
April 28, 2011: Received NOA1 via text/email, file routed to CSC (priority date April 25th)
April 29, 2011: Updated
May 3, 2011: Received NOA1 hardcopy in mail
July 26, 2011: Received NOA2 via text/email!!!
July 30, 2011: Received NOA2 hardcopy in mail
August 8, 2011: NVC received file
September 1, 2011: NVC case number assigned
September 2, 2011: AOS invoice received, OPTIN email for EP sent
September 7, 2011: Paid AOS bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 9, 2011)
September 8, 2011: OPTIN email accepted, GZO number assigned
September 10, 2011: Emailed AOS package
September 12, 2011: IV bill invoiced
September 13, 2011: Paid IV bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 14, 2011)
September 14, 2011: Emailed IV package
October 3, 2011: Emailed checklist response (checklist generated due to typo on Form DS-230)
October 6, 2011: Case complete at NVC
November 10, 2011: Interview - APPROVED!!!
December 7, 2011: POE - Sea-Tac Airport

September 17, 2013: Mailed I-751 to CSC

September 23, 2013: Received NOA1 in mail (receipt date September 19th)

October 16, 2013: Biometrics Appointment

January 28, 2014: Production of new Green Card ordered

February 3, 2014: New Green Card received; done with USCIS until fall of 2023*

December 18, 2023:  Filed I-90 to renew Green Card

December 21, 2023:  Production of new Green Card ordered - will be seeing USCIS again every 10 years for renewal

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline

NVC will assine a case number based on consulate that will issue visa.

It takes 2 - 3 weeks for USCIS to pack and send file to NVC so don't bother calling for at least 2 weeks.

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.

1428954228.1592.1755425389.png

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

I am finally relieved that after close to seven months of sending the I-130 form for my dad (filed July 17, 2010 and approved on Feb. 3, 2011), finally heard an approval from the USCIS. It says the hard copy is being mailed and should be in my mail box soon.

I would like to know if the case number will be stated from that letter of approval (NOA2) or will I have to get from the NVC? When is the best time for me to call NVC? Can I start calling them as early as now or will I have to wait for the hard copy of approval they sent me, thats on its way?

I do have the receipt number which they assigned/issued on the day that they got the I-130 form application. Will that be enough information for me to start calling and move up to the next level of the process?

Congrats on the approval.

The NVC case number will not be on the NOA2. You can either call up the AVR and find it out there or talk to an operator. An operator is the best bet as the AVR only updated two days after I got my case number from an operator.

You can start calling up the AVR right now if you wish. Just to call up the AVR, I would suggest waiting till after midnight EST. There's no waiting. During the day, you might have to wait to get through. And yes, your CIS receipt number is what you need to either call up the AVR or talk with an operator.

NVC will assine a case number based on consulate that will issue visa.

It takes 2 - 3 weeks for USCIS to pack and send file to NVC so don't bother calling for at least 2 weeks.

It only took 1 week for my case to be sent to NVC and assigned a case number. As with many other people it actually takes just a week to get to NVC, not 2-3.

Edited by Saylin

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

oh goody !!

i say 10 calendar days, but even then, you can call into NVC, get the AVR, any time o day, press some digits.

ONCE you have a NVC casenumber from the AVR, time to rock and roll.

whilst yer waiting - please review?

DS-230 - http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/info/info_3190.html

I-864 - http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/info/info_3730.html

General NVC stuff - http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/info/info_1335.html

and

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/221785-ds-3032-slowdown/page__view__findpost__p__3560467

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Timeline

Thank you guys for the response! You are all awesome for being very helpful!!

I will surely do that! But by the way, what is an AVR guys? Is there another number to call for the AVR or is just the NVC number? Thanks again...Sorry not so familiar with the abbreviations:-)Thanks.

Thank you guys for the response! You are all awesome for being very helpful!!

I will surely do that! But by the way, what is an AVR guys? Is there another number to call for the AVR or is just the NVC number? Thanks again...Sorry not so familiar with the abbreviations:-)Thanks.

AVR is Automated Voice Response system. When you call NVC, you can either just press the options for the AVR and use your CIS receipt number to see if a case number has been assigned OR you can press an option to speak with an operator. The AVR number is the same as NVC 603-334-0700.

With the current Egypt crisis message at the beginning of NVC's recorded message, to get to the AVR, press 2, then 1 for English, 1 for immigrant visa, then 1 to use your CIS receipt number. Then a couple options will be presented depending what service center you were in. You press one of them for your SC, then 1 to confirm, then you put in your 10 digit CIS receipt number and again 1 to confirm. Then a recorded message will play about your case.

Once you have a case number, the options are: press 2 (if the Egypt crisis message is still there), then 1 for English, 1 for immigrant visas, then 2 to use your NVC case number. Then you have to enter the 3 digit code at the beginning of your case number, press 1 to confirm. Then enter the 10 digits that follow, then 1 to confirm. Then a recorded message will play about your case.

If you want to speak with an operator, it's just 2 (if the Egypt crisis message is there), then 1 for English, and then 5 for an operator.

After 12 midnight EST, the Egypt crisis message disappears since there are no operators to speak to. At this point, you don't press the first option 2, you skip that step.

Thank you for the detailed explanation and for all these help.. I appreciate it a lot!:-)

No problem! Glad it helped :)

Timeline

Thanks really! :-)

So, I already created an email account in behalf of my father, so that I can email the DS-3032, when it is needed to be sent. My another question is when will I get a hint that it's time to send this form? Will the NVC notify me or my father being the beneficiary? Or can I go ahead and email the form once I have the case number available? Kindly advise. Thank you very much!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

you can send off the DS-3032 FORM DATA via email as soon as the casenumber @ NVC is available,

but

IF'n I were you, I'd wait, even then -

until you have had that first (successful) telephone convo with a Human at NVC -

cause -

they'll flip a bit at NVC, put yer casefile into 'waiting for documents' mode, and once that is set, anything you send it will actually get into the casefile.

Usually, when you make that first phone call, ya give email addresses of the USC Petitioner and the foreign beneficiary, and then magically a 'ds-3032 kit' arrives in the USCs email, containing an AOS fee bill with IIN (are you reading the contents of that last link I provided? It's info-dense, chock full o stuff ) and with the IIN and casefile #, can start paying fee bills online.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Timeline

Hi! Congratulations! My parents is approved on February 7 and yeah after almost 7 months too!I'm gonna look into your thread as a guide... thanks for the info here! Best of luck for us!

USCIS

07-14-2010 Mailed I130 Petition for Alien Relative(parents)

07-27-2010 Received NOA1

07-30-2010 Updated

11-02-2010 Transferred to Texas Service Center

11-24-2010 Updated (transferred to a USCIS office)

11-28-2010 Updated

11-29-2010 Updated

02-07-2011 NOA2

02-11-2011 USCIS shipped the case to NVC

NVC

02-16-2011 Received by NVC

02-17-2011 Assigned Case Number

Timeline

Congratulations to you BabyClaire, too and to all of us who just recently got an approval after a long waiting..Best of luck and we'll keep each other updated so, we can help others, too. Thank you all for your helping hands through your knowledge/information shared!!:-)

Filed: IR-5 Country: India
Timeline

Hi! Congratulations! My parents is approved on February 7 and yeah after almost 7 months too!I'm gonna look into your thread as a guide... thanks for the info here! Best of luck for us!

Hi Babyclair,

Did you get the NVC number. When you get it let me know. I have the same NOA2 date.

07/19/10: I-130 mailed

USCIS

07/21/2010: Priority Date

07/29/2010: Check cashed

08/03/2010: NOA1 hard copy received

11/03/2010: Case transferred from CSC to TSC

2/7/2011: NOA2 approved

2/9/2011: NOA2 updated online

2/12/2011: NOA2 hardcopy received

NVC

2/15/2011 - NVC Case # assigned - e-mail ids given

2/16/2010- AOS Fee bill generated - AOS fee paid online - status - in process - e-mailed DS 3032

2/17/2011 - AOS Fee - Status - PAID

2/18/2011 - DS 3032 accepted

2/20/2011 - IV Bill generated - IV fee paid online - Status - In process

2/21/2011 - AOS package overnight mail sent

2/24/2011 - IV Bill - Status - PAID

3/02/2011 - IV Package Sent

3/03/2011 - IV Package delivered

3/08/2011 - AOS entered into the system - Also received a false RFE for IV package

3/23/2011 - RFE generated

3/25/2011 - SIF and CC

5/4 - 5/5 - Medical

5/6 - VFS Office Visit

5/24/2011 - Interview-passed

5/26/2011 - Passport and Sealed Envelope collected from VFS Office

6/18/2011 - POE - arrived safely

6/28/2011 - SSN received

7/16/2011 - Received Welcome letter

7/22/2011 - GC received

Timeline

Hi Babyclair,

Did you get the NVC number. When you get it let me know. I have the same NOA2 date.

wow! u were ahead of me now :hehe: good for you! My parent was given case number on 17th of Feb, i emailed NVC about DS-3032 the next day so i'm waiting for their reply this week. Good luck to us! :yes:

USCIS

07-14-2010 Mailed I130 Petition for Alien Relative(parents)

07-27-2010 Received NOA1

07-30-2010 Updated

11-02-2010 Transferred to Texas Service Center

11-24-2010 Updated (transferred to a USCIS office)

11-28-2010 Updated

11-29-2010 Updated

02-07-2011 NOA2

02-11-2011 USCIS shipped the case to NVC

NVC

02-16-2011 Received by NVC

02-17-2011 Assigned Case Number

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.