Electronic Processing Steps

38 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hi

Also how do you write your name in native alphabet in DS-260

Chman_Zinga

Grats on sending the I-864 package!

I got my PCC done here: http://www.recordcheck.ca/our-services/canadian-police-cpic-checks/ But if you're in Toronto, that won't work then since that's only for those in Montreal. You can either get it done at a local police station, an RCMP office, or at a place that does police certificates like where I got it done. Ask around for prices and delivery times. Mine cost $40 and arrived within a week and a half.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi

Chman_Zinga

I checked 'do not apply' since my name is spelled with Roman letters. For those that don't use Roman letters for their name, I have no idea how they would put it in the text box. I'd call up an operator and ask about that one.

Timeline

Hi,

I'm going through NVC right now and I'll answer your questions as best as I can.

1. About a week after your case gets to NVC, start calling them up. When you do find out a case number has been assigned, talk to an operator and make sure you get the IIN (Invoice Identification number) and the beneficiary ID number. And then give the email addresses of both the petitioner and beneficiary. With your case number and IIN, you can then sign onto the payment portal here: https://ceac.state.gov/CTRAC/Invoice/signon.aspx and check when your bills become invoiced. After you get all the information from the operator, you can then send an optin email to NVC. Follow the instructions here: http://travel.state.gov/visa/visa_5163.html After getting a case number assigned, it took two days (it might have been one day, but NVC closed the day after I got my case number) for the DS-261 to appear here: https://ceac.state.gov/IV/Login.aspx?signout=true Once it's available, you can send it. You're going to need the beneficiary ID so make sure you get it when first talking with an operator.

2. The attachment should be one large PDF file. Make sure it's not too big in size. I'd say around 10 MB to be safe, anything more and it might get rejected by their system. Make sure you have the case number written on the top of each page. I'm not sure if this is needed for electronic processing, but just to be safe. The forms can be in black and white, but anything with color (like passport photos, certificates, etc) should be scanned in color. As for the passport pictures, this is what I'm going to do: I'm going to put one picture facing up with another one facing down beside it then scan it. Then flip them both over and scan again. I'm not entirely sure what you're really supposed to do with electronic processing, but they ask for two pictures, so I'll scan two pictures. Make sure on the back of each picture is the beneficiary's full name, date of birth, and case number.

3. As far as I know, after following the instructions in question 1, it continues like this: once the I-864 appears and you pay it, wait a few days then it will be accepted. Print out the coversheet and barcode (only available after its paid), attach it to the very front of the I-864 package and then email it all off. Make sure you include in the body of the email petitioner's name, date of birth, and email address, along with the same information for the beneficiary. And the subject line should include your case number in it. Once the DS-261 is accepted, the IV bill should appear. Pay it and wait. Once it's paid, print the coversheet and barcode for that one. The DS-260 should then be available to fill out. It's at the same link as the DS-261. Once you're done, submit it. Then email off the DS-260 supporting documents. Again, make sure you have the appropriate information in the body of the email and the subject line. Again, the attachment is one big PDF file with the cover sheet at the beginning. After this, you're done unless you get an RFE. Call up an operator at least once a day to make sure everything is fine with your case.

I hope this answered all your questions. If you have any more, just ask away and I'll try my best to answer those as well. I'm only beginning in NVC, so the process might be a bit different, but from all my research, what I wrote above is how I understand the process goes.

SAYLIN ROCKS!! (L)

Timeline

HI Saylin;

When you sent your DS-260 package, did you scan two copies of each document,(Original and copy of Original)or just one copy of it.

Also I am planning to send following documents in my DS 260 package can you kindly see if I am missing anything.

DS 260 coversheet

Birth Certificate of Beneficiary

Marriage Certificate

Biographic pages of Beneficiary’s Passport

Passport size photos of Beneficiary

Police clearance letters

chman_zinga

Hi

Chman_Zinga

HI Saylin;

When you sent your DS-260 package, did you scan two copies of each document,(Original and copy of Original)or just one copy of it.

Also I am planning to send following documents in my DS 260 package can you kindly see if I am missing anything.

DS 260 coversheet

Birth Certificate of Beneficiary

Marriage Certificate

Biographic pages of Beneficiary's Passport

Passport size photos of Beneficiary

Police clearance letters

chman_zinga

The two copies, original and copy, is only for those doing the paper DS-230. Since we're doing EP, that doesn't make any sense since we're scanning and sending them copies of the originals by email. Just scan the originals once, and send that.

Doesn't look like you're missing anything. For the passport pictures, make sure they're 2" x 2" and that the beneficiary's name, date of birth, and case number is written on the back of the both of them. Also, are you including a cover letter? It'd be a good idea so the officer can clearly see what's included in the package.

Timeline

Hi Saylin

Recently I received an email from NVC with an attachment called “ p3u agent universal.pdf” which basically says that I have paid all my fees and with in attachment there is Cover Sheet with Bard code and say attach it with your IV form DS-230.

But don’t we have to fill up only DS-260, which I already did, and I have also emailed the civil documents with Cover Sheet generated once your fee status shows paid.

Do we have to send DS-230 as well, on top of filling DS -260 online or not?

Do you have to send the copy of DS-260 with your civil documents? (I sent only documents, Fee cover Sheet and Cover Letter)

I am all confused; yours or any one with similar case help is much appreciated

Chman_Zinga

The two copies, original and copy, is only for those doing the paper DS-230. Since we're doing EP, that doesn't make any sense since we're scanning and sending them copies of the originals by email. Just scan the originals once, and send that.

Doesn't look like you're missing anything. For the passport pictures, make sure they're 2" x 2" and that the beneficiary's name, date of birth, and case number is written on the back of the both of them. Also, are you including a cover letter? It'd be a good idea so the officer can clearly see what's included in the package.

Hi Saylin

Recently I received an email from NVC with an attachment called " p3u agent universal.pdf" which basically says that I have paid all my fees and with in attachment there is Cover Sheet with Bard code and say attach it with your IV form DS-230.

But don't we have to fill up only DS-260, which I already did, and I have also emailed the civil documents with Cover Sheet generated once your fee status shows paid.

Do we have to send DS-230 as well, on top of filling DS -260 online or not?

Do you have to send the copy of DS-260 with your civil documents? (I sent only documents, Fee cover Sheet and Cover Letter)

I am all confused; yours or any one with similar case help is much appreciated

Chman_Zinga

NVC sends out the same packages to everyone, whether doing online forms or not, so don't fret. Hopefully NVC will update their systems one of these days and not send out the DS-230 package to Canadians. Just disregard that package you got as it doesn't concern us.

You can relax as you're all done ;)

By the way, did you ever get an AOS package from NVC? Like with instructions and such?

Edited by Saylin

Timeline

Hey thanks again for your quick response,

No I never got any AOS package like the one I got recently for IV

Chman_zinga

NVC sends out the same packages to everyone, whether doing online forms or not, so don't fret. Hopefully NVC will update their systems one of these days and not send out the DS-230 package to Canadians. Just disregard that package you got as it doesn't concern us.

You can relax as you're all done ;)

By the way, did you ever get an AOS package from NVC? Like with instructions and such?

Hey thanks again for your quick response,

No I never got any AOS package like the one I got recently for IV

Chman_zinga

Yeah, I never got an AOS package either although I thought we were supposed to receive one. Maybe they're just incredibly slow to send it out laughing.gif

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

Hi Saylin

I need an urgent help from you or any VJers with through similar experience.

Our case is currently at NVC and we are enrolled in Electronics Processing, recently I have scanned and sent all original DS 230 package documents, now we got RFE asking for ORIGINAL MARRIAGE CERTIFICATE, but our confusion is We have already sent the original one we got form Registrar office in Indian where our marriage took place.

Our marriage was performed by local priest, who issued a certificate, which is in our native language. We have certified translation of that certificate issued by registrar office, which I have sent already but We did not send the one issued by the local priest.

When NVC ask for Original Marriage Certificate, do they mean they need the one issued by Local Priest as well?

Any help from somebody with similar experience would be much helpful

Chman_Zinga

Yeah, I never got an AOS package either although I thought we were supposed to receive one. Maybe they're just incredibly slow to send it out laughing.gif

Hi Saylin

I need an urgent help from you or any VJers with through similar experience.

Our case is currently at NVC and we are enrolled in Electronics Processing, recently I have scanned and sent all original DS 230 package documents, now we got RFE asking for ORIGINAL MARRIAGE CERTIFICATE, but our confusion is We have already sent the original one we got form Registrar office in Indian where our marriage took place.

Our marriage was performed by local priest, who issued a certificate, which is in our native language. We have certified translation of that certificate issued by registrar office, which I have sent already but We did not send the one issued by the local priest.

When NVC ask for Original Marriage Certificate, do they mean they need the one issued by Local Priest as well?

Any help from somebody with similar experience would be much helpful

Chman_Zinga

Hmm, I'm not sure. I'd call an operator up asap on Monday. Explain what you sent in and ask what they want from you.

If you haven't looked yet, here's the page for India and their certificates: http://travel.state.gov/visa/fees/fees_4881.html?cid=3582 Scroll down to Marriage Certificates. Make sure you have what's listed.

Definitely call an operator on Monday though.

Hmm, I'm not sure. I'd call an operator up asap on Monday. Explain what you sent in and ask what they want from you.

If you haven't looked yet, here's the page for India and their certificates: http://travel.state.gov/visa/fees/fees_4881.html?cid=3582 Scroll down to Marriage Certificates. Make sure you have what's listed.

Definitely call an operator on Monday though.

Saylin,

My USC Wife received the first emails from the NVC on Friday night, and you seem to be a month ahead of us.

And I like reading your blog too, such a fabulous idea. :)

Edited by Geordie

CR1 VISA

Jul 23 2010 - MARRIED

Aug 26 2010 - I-130 received by USCIS

Jan 21 2011 - Approved by USCIS

Mar 04 2011 - NVC received

Mar 15 2011 - Medical

Mar 30 2011 - NVC COMPLETED

Apr 14 2011 - Packet 4 received

May 12 2011 - EMBASSY INTERVIEW

May 23 2011 - VISA received

May 26 2011 - Dulles POE

Jun 20 2011 - GREENCARD arrives

Saylin,

My USC Wife received the first emails from the NVC on Friday night, and you seem to be a month ahead of us.

And I like reading your blog too, such a fabulous idea. :)

Grats on getting to NVC! Make sure you have everything prepared and you can fly through NVC.

And thanks. I created that blog to document our journey and my intention was that it would help others.

Good luck on your journey!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

So WHAT was submitted, exactly, with the DS-230 ?

'sent original one' is impossible when participating in EP, as you've sent off, instead, SCANS o stuff, with the original to be presented on interview day.

Now, if you 'sent original one' with the I-130 submittal, yer hosed, as you'll have to convince an NVC TeleRep to 'de-bundle' the I-130 packet in the casefile, find this 'original document' and somehow add it to the casefile..

What's what, and when is when?

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.