lisa and John

Sorry but I just don't get it

30 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Moldova
Timeline

It's driving me mad as i have a noa1 date of 7th september 2010 not even had a touch since that, So, how about your case had touched since your noa 1 date? I'm realy wondering it's normal at this processing? Thanks

Our case was never "touched" from NOA1 until we were approved 5 months later. I'm not sure getting a touch means anything with regards to how quickly you will get your NOA2.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I think you should not worry for now. If you are from CSC, you should get it before 7th of February, which is coming. I know how bad the experience is (just went through it, got NOA2 on 1/21). However, these are people. Some of them get sick, some of them have vacations. I think plus/minus 2 week variation is normal.

Thank you for your response. I wish I could be as optimistic as you can I ask for you came up with us knowing by the 7th? lol

Timeline

Our case was never "touched" from NOA1 until we were approved 5 months later. I'm not sure getting a touch means anything with regards to how quickly you will get your NOA2.

well happy you were not one of a long list of us that got passed over.our date was weeks before your noa1

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Moldova
Timeline

I read a post recently about someone that was upset about the same thing. The next day they received their approval. I bet you are right around the corner. Stay strong and keep your head up. It will come!

DELETE THIS ACCOUNT!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

Thank you for your response. I wish I could be as optimistic as you can I ask for you came up with us knowing by the 7th? lol

Well.. you mentioned September 7th. Looks like vast majority of applications get approved RIGHT before or on the 5 months mark. If you get really unlucky you may get approved 1 week after (if your case worker is on vacation or out sick). However, put it in prospective: 1 week plus/minus will not make a difference on the long run. Once you get your K1 after interview you will forget all about it as a nightmare. I know exactly how you feel. For me too every day is a torture. I think all of us have to get through this in one piece :). Our future spouses will not appreciate us being sick or getting on Prozak :).

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

Actually.. I can tell you my story. My NOA1 was dated August 25th in CSC. I visit my fiancee every 1.5 months (or meet her in Europe). During my last visit between January 15th and 30th (I took vacation) I woke up on January 21st... 4 am.. totally desperate, disoriented.. she was still asleep... I started crying and felt that I do not want to live anymore.. Then I went to her laptop and opened my e-mail account.. Exactly at that moment among 100's of e-mails from work I saw IT!! USCIS!! APPROVED. I screamed like crazy: " Mashaaaa!!! We got approved!!!!!!!!!!" She was asleep and she was scared to death from this scream! This was funny. I think god (or whatever it is) does not give people more than what they can handle.. Once you become desperate situation improves. Don't worry!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I am sincerely happy for everyone on here that has gotten their approvals what I don't get is why some of us seemed to just be passed over and we watch as they go on to the next month. I have called and put a request in to check the progress but why does this even have to happen? we sit and watch everyone excited..what about us?they say it is in order to be fair then how do they approve some and not others? I just want to know if anyone has the answers and please don't say they are waiting to get our background check.. they got others..

I am waiting longer than you do :):star:

3.gif

"The perfection/respect/credibility of a man decreases by the number of marriages he has had and by the number of kids he has outside his current marriage. ", Quote by Bite YourDust
  • Met on yahoo chat through a friend.
  • April 2010 - Decided to meet in person
  • 06.01.2010 - She flew from Dubai to Philippines for vacationing
  • 06.21.2010 - We met in Philippines
  • 06.24.2010 - Engaged
  • 06.28.2010 - Came back to USA
  • 07.05.2010 - She flew back to Dubai (work)
  • 08.02.2010 - Mailed I129F to VSC
  • 08.03.2010 - Delivered to VSC. Signed by D RENAUD.
  • 08.09.2010 - Check cashed
  • 08.14.2010 - NOA1 (Dated 08/06/2010)!!!!!!!!
  • 08.19.2010 - Touched!
  • 08.27.2010 - Received snail mail that typographical error was fixed.
  • 10.03.2010 - Touched!
  • 11.21.2010 - Visited her for a week in Dubai!
  • 02.14.2011 - NOA2 Approved on St. Valentine day!!!!!!!
  • 02.17.2011 - Packet left from NVC to ABU DHABI (Dubai)
  • 02.19.2011 - NOA2 hard copy received
  • 02.22.2011 - Packet reached ABU DHABI's consulate
  • 03.02.2011 - packet 3 & 4 received by email
  • 03.02.2011 - Confirmation of Interview on 04.14.2011 -
  • 03.07.2011 - Fiancee passed medical exam.
  • 04.14.2011 - K1-Visa Approved!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • 04.21.2011 - Picked up Visa !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

fat lady reading the Soap Opera Digest -

No need to call people name or be rude with fat people.

3.gif

"The perfection/respect/credibility of a man decreases by the number of marriages he has had and by the number of kids he has outside his current marriage. ", Quote by Bite YourDust
  • Met on yahoo chat through a friend.
  • April 2010 - Decided to meet in person
  • 06.01.2010 - She flew from Dubai to Philippines for vacationing
  • 06.21.2010 - We met in Philippines
  • 06.24.2010 - Engaged
  • 06.28.2010 - Came back to USA
  • 07.05.2010 - She flew back to Dubai (work)
  • 08.02.2010 - Mailed I129F to VSC
  • 08.03.2010 - Delivered to VSC. Signed by D RENAUD.
  • 08.09.2010 - Check cashed
  • 08.14.2010 - NOA1 (Dated 08/06/2010)!!!!!!!!
  • 08.19.2010 - Touched!
  • 08.27.2010 - Received snail mail that typographical error was fixed.
  • 10.03.2010 - Touched!
  • 11.21.2010 - Visited her for a week in Dubai!
  • 02.14.2011 - NOA2 Approved on St. Valentine day!!!!!!!
  • 02.17.2011 - Packet left from NVC to ABU DHABI (Dubai)
  • 02.19.2011 - NOA2 hard copy received
  • 02.22.2011 - Packet reached ABU DHABI's consulate
  • 03.02.2011 - packet 3 & 4 received by email
  • 03.02.2011 - Confirmation of Interview on 04.14.2011 -
  • 03.07.2011 - Fiancee passed medical exam.
  • 04.14.2011 - K1-Visa Approved!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • 04.21.2011 - Picked up Visa !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Filed: Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Well, for me the main issue in the whole process is my sanity. I can chose to worry every minute of the process and risk a heart attack, or I can just take it all with a stride and stay calm ...I'll get it when I get it. I chose to not worry about it and have more time to save for the rainy day. I know it can be tough waiting "indefinitely" but if not for anything else, do it for your sanity sake.

Timeline

Well, for me the main issue in the whole process is my sanity. I can chose to worry every minute of the process and risk a heart attack, or I can just take it all with a stride and stay calm ...I'll get it when I get it. I chose to not worry about it and have more time to save for the rainy day. I know it can be tough waiting "indefinitely" but if not for anything else, do it for your sanity sake.

I can appreciate all the pep talk but if I have to see one more couple be approved after my date.. I am going to scream..and to say don't worry well I am not worried about getting approved.. it is just hard to watch everyone and once again be passed by.. that is what drives me nuts..and frustrated..I don't blame the people who are approved I am happy for you all but what is the problem? maybe a call to a congressman is the only way to get their attention so many have and get approved quickly. If ours is just sitting on the side of someones desk please wake up and do your job if they have a problem bring it on.. don't just skip over us!

Timeline

I can appreciate all the pep talk but if I have to see one more couple be approved after my date.. I am going to scream..and to say don't worry well I am not worried about getting approved.. it is just hard to watch everyone and once again be passed by.. that is what drives me nuts..and frustrated..I don't blame the people who are approved I am happy for you all but what is the problem? maybe a call to a congressman is the only way to get their attention so many have and get approved quickly. If ours is just sitting on the side of someones desk please wake up and do your job if they have a problem bring it on.. don't just skip over us!

Tero.. happy you have made that choice for yourself..some of us feel differently and don't take the if and when it happens..I want my fiancee here with me soon..and can't take the oh well attitude.It also is easy for everyone who has theirs to say don't worry it will come soon.. tell that to the couples still waiting from June and July and Aug. watching Sept and Oct and even Nov. and Dec get approved so quickly..They say they are worked on the order they come in..well I used to hope that I no longer believe that!!!

Tero.. happy you have made that choice for yourself..some of us feel differently and don't take the if and when it happens..I want my fiancee here with me soon..and can't take the oh well attitude.It also is easy for everyone who has theirs to say don't worry it will come soon.. tell that to the couples still waiting from June and July and Aug. watching Sept and Oct and even Nov. and Dec get approved so quickly..They say they are worked on the order they come in..well I used to hope that I no longer believe that!!!

I definitely don't believe that #######! It will be 6 months from our NOA1 on Feb 6th (Sunday). How the hell are people getting theirs before all of us?! And the wait wouldn't/didn't piss me off so much when we thought the wait for NVC/an interview etc. wouldn't be more then a month or two at the most, but now we have found out that we will have another 4-6 months total before an we can have the interview. This is ridiculous! :/

UJaZm4.png

***Ever thine, ever mine, ever ours... xoxo***

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I definitely don't believe that #######! It will be 6 months from our NOA1 on Feb 6th (Sunday). How the hell are people getting theirs before all of us?! And the wait wouldn't/didn't piss me off so much when we thought the wait for NVC/an interview etc. wouldn't be more then a month or two at the most, but now we have found out that we will have another 4-6 months total before an we can have the interview. This is ridiculous! :/

I'm with ya there. It's frustrating as hell to see people in September regularly getting approved, and not see anything happening with mine. The wait on the other side really does make it worse, too-why is Montreal so much worse than everywhere else?

I keep trying to remind myself that on our ten year anniversary, this is just going to be one of the stories we tell, and it won't matter any more. It works, some of the time....

event.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.