Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
mawilson

Brazilian kept wife in cellar for 16 years: police

25 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

RIO DE JANEIRO — A Brazilian man has been arrested on suspicion of keeping

his wife locked in a squalid basement for 16 years while he lived with

another woman in the same house.

Acting on a tip, police on Wednesday found Sebastiana Aparecida Groppo, 64,

in the cellar of the house in the city of Sorocaba in Sao Paulo state.

The floor of the roughly 130-square-foot (12-square-meter) cellar was

littered with feces and dead cockroaches, Sorocaba police inspector Ana

Luiza Salomone told Reuters on Thursday.

"She was found without clothes wrapped up in a blanket," said Salomone,

adding that the windows had been shuttered and were covered in mold.

Joao Batista Groppo and the woman who had been living with him both were

arrested on charges of illegal imprisonment. The husband, also 64, told

police that he had locked up his wife of 42 years because she was mentally

ill and aggressive.

Salomone said Groppo had apparently kept his wife imprisoned for two periods

totaling 16 years, the second coming after 2003 when their son died in

an accident.

The wife showed signs of mental problems that could have been caused by

her captivity, Salomone said, but showed no signs of being aggressive and

had no serious health problems.

Groppo and his companion could face up to eight years in prison, she said.

link


biden_pinhead.jpgspace.gifrolling-stones-american-flag-tongue.jpgspace.gifinside-geico.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Filed: Timeline

Of course, this has nothing to do with politics or religion, but whatever... OT sucks!

I was going too say that but I thought you were smart enough to figure that out. I was also going to suggest a religious twist to the story but I didn't want to piss anyone off :lol:


Life is a ticket to the greatest show on earth.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I was going too say that but I thought you were smart enough to figure that out. I was also going to suggest a religious twist to the story but I didn't want to piss anyone off :lol:

I don't even go to OT anymore, so I'm just gonna post everything here. :P


biden_pinhead.jpgspace.gifrolling-stones-american-flag-tongue.jpgspace.gifinside-geico.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't even go to OT anymore, so I'm just gonna post everything here. :P

Approximately 81.4% of all OT posts consist of two people repeating the same thing over and over again, and the threads in which these posts occur are closed shops to the rest of us. The remaining 18.6% of posts are in other so-called "game" threads.


larissa-lima-says-who-is-against-the-que

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
- Back to Top -


Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.
×
×
  • Create New...