rayva

email from USCIS stating a 60 day decision timeframe

9 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

Has anyone gotten something like this? I am guessing we are not the only ones. Can get anyone give us some feedback as to how long it really took after they got an email like this? Any feedback please would help. We filed on July 23 and still NO response. Boy this is so frustrating.

"The status of this service request is: Your case is currently under review. You should receive a decision or notice of other action within 60 days of the date of this letter. If you have any further questions, please call the National Customer Service Center at 1-800-375-5283."

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

I got the same email last week. My noa1 date is Aug 3rd so I'm not really sure how many days till we get our NOA2??? :unsure: Lets hope it will it will be here in the next few days...

I thought I saw a post on another thread that someone got a similar email to the one we got. After that they received their NOA2 within days. Hopefully were next!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I'm under the impression the 60 days line is mostly just to cover their own butts - not that they are going to use all 60 of them, just to get you to lay off them for a few more days.

April, 2009 - We met

May, 2009 - We wooed

June, 2010 - We got engaged, looking forward to a small August 2010 wedding

** Reality Check: K-1 Process**

July 22, 2010 - NOA1

**5 months of patient waiting**

December 29, 2011 - call around for information about delay

January 5, 2011 - RFE notice (first online status update yet!)

January 10, 2011 - RFE Hardcopy

January 13, 2011 - RFE Response acknowledged

January 24, 2011 - NOA2 (at last!!)

February 3, 2011 - application sent from NVC to Montreal (aka. the Abyss?)

March 7, 2011 - Packet 3 sent to me

March 10, 2011 - Packet 3 delivered to Montreal

March 21, 2011 - Packet 4 sent to me

April 5, 2011 - Medical

April 13, 2011 - Interview - approved!

April 20, 2011 - visa in hand

May 9, 2011 - POE (Buffalo, NY)

May 10, 2011 - wedding :)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

One Nigerian couple recently got an RFE and they filed first week of August so the july boxes are probably out of the fermentation room now.

This will not be over quickly. You will not enjoy this.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I got the same email.

We filed a service request 2 weeks ago and received the standard "contact us again in 60 days" cookie-cutter reply by email. Our last touch was on Oct 3rd and our NOA1 was on July 23.

Called senator last week to ask for help and inquire on our behalf. His staff called USCIS pretty quickly and were told our case would be assigned to an agent and "expedited" as it's past the 6 months mark.

US citizen since April 2016

ROC completed April 2014

AOS from K1 completed February 2012

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

It does not mean it will take 60 days. It is just a way to dissuade you from calling them for 60 days.

It seems to suggest that they think they will render a decision within the 60 days and probably sooner since their objective is to stop you from calling them again ever. So look at it as good news (or at least better news than no news).

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Has anyone gotten something like this? I am guessing we are not the only ones. Can get anyone give us some feedback as to how long it really took after they got an email like this? Any feedback please would help. We filed on July 23 and still NO response. Boy this is so frustrating.

"The status of this service request is: Your case is currently under review. You should receive a decision or notice of other action within 60 days of the date of this letter. If you have any further questions, please call the National Customer Service Center at 1-800-375-5283."

We received the exact same "60 days" email on Jan 24 after opening a service request on Jan 13. Then we received another email last night (Jan 29) with our NOA2 saying they mailed the official letter... on Jan 24!

Hang in there... yours will come soon too!!!

US citizen since April 2016

ROC completed April 2014

AOS from K1 completed February 2012

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.