J e n n y

CSC to TSC to NVC: the Saga continues

3,300 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Erick!!!!! congratulations im very happy for you, the always say 2 to 4 weeks but really it takes like 5 business days . i hope your wife get her passport soon. :P:)

Thank you Lara :)

I hear ya...the school thing is a total pain in the #### and a LOT of money because you would be considered a non-resident, so you will have to pay more than a resident of course. It sucks, but that is the way it is unfortunately. You should get your SSN soon for sure! Best of luck with all!

Yeah, you don't need to tell me about school. I actually lived in Florida for two years with an L2 visa. I finished the last two years of high school there, that wasn't a problem. But if I wanted to go to a university as an international student (since I wasn't a resident or anything), it would have cost me about $20,000 per semester!! (And that's not including books or a dorm). 4 years of that and that'd be $160,000. I did not have that money, so I moved back to Canada. Only $150 per semester :D Much easier on the wallet.

The school I'll be going to here isn't that bad. For two years it'll cost about $10,000, including books. I don't have that money either, but it'll be easier to pay off than any $160,000 school I would have gone to in Florida.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

congratulations to all friends that passed their interview, and those who got their visas, and those that have their interview date assigned..congratulation

Unfortunately, i didn't got my interview date, since cairo embassy was closed 4 two months and when it reopen there was a lot of cases ..their schedul is completed till the end of june..and we r waitting maybe in july , maybe in august. pray 4 me

Mary&Besho

Filed: Country: India
Timeline

Hi all, I'm baaaaack!

It's been more than several weeks since I've lost touch, so CONGRATS to all who've made it stateside :dance:

I'm REALLY happy for you guys and hope to be there in a couple of months :)

USCIS - 203 days

08/09/2010: NOA1 (I-130) Received text & email with case number

02/28/2011: Received NOA2 hard copies of approval for I130 and I129F

NVC

03/02/2011: NVC Case Number Assigned, received IIN #

06/06/2011: AOS and IV received at NVC

06/21/2011: NVC Case Complete

08/24/2011: Embassy Interview

09/14/2011: Visa granted

09/18/2011: POE Houston!!!

Total time from beginning to end: 406 days (1 year, 1 month, 10 days)

Timeline

hahahahha thanks Saylin!!!! I need that dancing carlton from celldoc, now that would complete it ! Amazing how perfect the day went, I guess frontloading at the USCIS stage really does work. They had all of our photos, everything..they asked us VERY basic questions, and said congratulations, you are approved! The woman who interviewed us was so nice and personable, we really lucked out :)

I know it's a leeeetle late but hey- here's to good times :thumbs:

1197584_o.gif

USCIS - 203 days

NVC

I know it's a leeeetle late but hey- here's to good times :thumbs:

laughing.gif Just a little late :P

Timeline

laughing.gif Just a little late :P

I am still trying to get caught up on all that I have missed- amazing how much has happened!!! :blink:

USCIS - 203 days

NVC

I got a letter from USCIS today (welcome letter) and receipt notice. Cse type in both is OS155A. I thought She will receive greencard in the mail. What does this mean? Does everyone gets this OS155A?

congrats to all who has received the visa....

Yes Saylin.... she just called a little while ago. APPROVED!!! She asked about picking up the visa tomorrow but, the Consulate said to wait for approximately 2 weeks to receive it in the mail :( Kind of a bummer because our 1 year wedding anniversary is next week.... but hey, we've waited this long... what's two more weeks, right?

:dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Congrats to both of you.... :dance::dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

I got a letter from USCIS today (welcome letter) and receipt notice. Cse type in both is OS155A. I thought She will receive greencard in the mail. What does this mean? Does everyone gets this OS155A?

congrats to all who has received the visa....

The OS155A is for the green card. You can take the receipt notice and check it on USCIS's website (like with the I-130). You'll receive the green card after they order production of it and then mail it out to you. This is my timeline so far for my green card:

May 12 - POE

May 22 - receive welcome letter and NOA for green card in the mail (dated May 17, 5 days after POE)

May 25 - USCIS updated to say they ordered production of my card

May 27 - USCIS updated to say they mailed out a notice to me saying they approved the OS155A

Should be getting the green card in the mail either this week or next I assume.

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

hi how would you know that your case is being touched?

my husband (petitionaer=michigan) received the approval of our l130 application is that NOA2?

will i be receiving a copy of the approval too (beneficiary-philippines)

i checked in uscis website too - and it say it got approved may 12,2011

how will i be able to know what happen next?

will our papers forwarded directly to NVC by uscis?

please let me know what to do next ----

should we call NVC to ask how is it going?

i did try to email them but no reply since today (5th day)

thanks guys...

1f0jp8.png

USCIS JOURNEY

Dec-30,2010- filing date (priority date)

Jan-12,2011- received NOA1 (receipt no.)

May 12,2011 - received NOA2 (USCIS approval)

NVC (National Visa Center)Journey

May 25,2011 - sent email to NVC for Case Number

June 2,2011 - replied email - containing CASE NUMBER -

(starts with MNL.......)

june 16,2011 - receive the hard copy (stating the same message in the email) for case number

Nov. 18,2011 - receive AOS and COA via email

Nov. 19, 2011 - payed 88 dollars

Dec. 7, 2011 - AIVF received

Feb. 8, 2012 - Payed 404

Feb 17, 2012 - received cover letter

Feb 19, 2012 - Sent ds230 part 1 and 11, and supporting docs

Feb 22, 2012- received by NVC

Mar 4, 2012 - send and RFE then send them

Apr 1, 2012 - CASE COMPLETE!

Then the long wait starts here : PRIORITY DATE: Dec. 30,2010

(regularly checking VISA BULLETIN for updates)

Yz8cp8.png

aZssp8.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

hi how would you know that your case is being touched?

my husband (petitionaer=michigan) received the approval of our l130 application is that NOA2?

will i be receiving a copy of the approval too (beneficiary-philippines)

i checked in uscis website too - and it say it got approved may 12,2011

how will i be able to know what happen next?

will our papers forwarded directly to NVC by uscis?

please let me know what to do next ----

should we call NVC to ask how is it going?

i did try to email them but no reply since today (5th day)

thanks guys...

Congrats on the approval!! Yes that is NOA2 and only the petitioner gets a hard copy of the approval in the mail and nothing is sent to the beneficiary. You should start calling NVC a week after the approval to see if NVC has resecived your case and assigned a case number. It can take anywhere from one week to two weeks or more for NVC to receive the file. There is no set time. You just have to keep calling everyday. Don't worry about the touches since that is only in the USCIS stage and you have been approved. Have a speedy NVC!!! And take this time to prepare for NVC if you haven't already done so. Good luck!!!

USCIS (204 days)

08-05-10: I-130 package sent USPS Express

08-06-10: Package delivered in Chicago (Received Date) (Priority Date)

08-18-2010: NOA1 (Notice Date) Received text & email with case number, Check Cashed

08-21-10: Hardcopy NOA1

11-02-10 Case Transferred from CSC to TSC

11-03-10 Hardcopy Transfer to TSC Notice

11-24-10 Transferred TSC to USCIS Office

02-14-11 Received e-mail & text for RFE

02-18-11 Hard Copy RFE

02-28-11 Mailed RFE overnight

03-03-11 RFE received by TSC

03-10-2011 NOA2 Approved

03-16-11 TSC mailed package to NVC

03-17-11 Hard Copy NOA2

03-18-01 NVC Received package

NVC (Electronic Processing) (87 days)

03-18-2011 Case number assigned, OPTIN e-mailed

03-21-11 Gave e-mails; received IID# BID#; Submitted DS-261

03-22-11 AOS Invoiced, Sent AOS Payment

03-23-11 AOS shows PAID, e-mailed AOS Package

03-25-11 IV Invoiced, Sent IV Payment

03-28-11 IV Shows PAID

03-30-11 Completed DS-260

04-07-11 OPTIN Accepted; AOS Package resent

04-18-11 Submitted Supporting Documents for IV

04-19-11 Received RFE for AOS

04-23-11 Received False RFE for Missing IV

05-02-11 E-mailed AOS RFE

05-06-11 Resent IV

05-23-11 False RFE for Missing AOS RFE; Resent AOS RFE

06-10-11 SIF

06-13-11 Case Complete

Consulate/Medical

06-14-11 Interview Scheduled for 07-18-11

The OS155A is for the green card. You can take the receipt notice and check it on USCIS's website (like with the I-130). You'll receive the green card after they order production of it and then mail it out to you. This is my timeline so far for my green card:

May 12 - POE

May 22 - receive welcome letter and NOA for green card in the mail (dated May 17, 5 days after POE)

May 25 - USCIS updated to say they ordered production of my card

May 27 - USCIS updated to say they mailed out a notice to me saying they approved the OS155A

Should be getting the green card in the mail either this week or next I assume.

Thanks Saylin. Did you recieve your SSN? thanks in advance

Thanks Saylin. Did you recieve your SSN? thanks in advance

Nope, not yet. If I don't get it by tomorrow, I'm going to the local SSA office here in town on Friday to apply.

Got my green card yesterday though. But I wasn't looking forward to that as much as my SSN.

hey everybody , still no card or social.

sailin: congratulation for your green card. i am in florida to , i dont have to pay for my school, im in miami dade college and i have conditional residency . just to let you know if you want to study is easy .

Citizenship Journey

06/24/13:Eligibility

07/03/13: Sent package

07/15/13:Fee Waived

07/15/13:Received Noa1 date07/09/13

07/25/13: Received Bio Letter

08/06/13:Appoinment for Bio

08/22/13: In Line

10/04/13scheduled for interview

00/00/13:Received Interview Letter

11/12/13:Interview Date
11/14/13: Sent Oath Ceremony Letter

11/22/13: Oath Ceremony Date

My mother's visa process<p>coming soon!!

hey everybody , still no card or social.

sailin: congratulation for your green card. i am in florida to , i dont have to pay for my school, im in miami dade college and i have conditional residency . just to let you know if you want to study is easy .

Your POE was 6 days after mine, so perhaps you'll receive the green card next week.

I'm not in Florida anymore, but when I was, I wasn't a resident. I was considered an international student, so I would have had to pay out of my *** to pay for university.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.