joenlemy

Interview Blue Slip

29 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

My wife had her interview recently. BLUE SLIP . . . They want Timeline of our relationship, which my wife had at the interview. 10 year residency, again my wife had this doc. they want the same doc from my wife. they also want my ex wife's current address. not happy about that. but not going to argue about it.

They only asked for our photos. . ."NOTHING ELSE" Every question she was asked was based on the photos.

I had sent several photos of myself and my home, and my children, and of my work.

The red flags we were sure would surface did not come up at the interview. A little concerned about that

They asked her about 30 questions. no problems here.

From reading the blue slip it looks like they only want the docs. they will not interview my wife again

Here is my question. Will my wife be able to hand in all the evidence we had.. phone records, emails, chat logs, reciepts for money i sent her. my will. They Asked for none of this at all.

I have already sent them a email asking them the same question. got auto reply. still waiting on normal response.

Timeline

My wife had her interview recently. BLUE SLIP . . . They want Timeline of our relationship, which my wife had at the interview. 10 year residency, again my wife had this doc. they want the same doc from my wife. they also want my ex wife's current address. not happy about that. but not going to argue about it.

They only asked for our photos. . ."NOTHING ELSE" Every question she was asked was based on the photos.

I had sent several photos of myself and my home, and my children, and of my work.

The red flags we were sure would surface did not come up at the interview. A little concerned about that

From reading the blue slip it looks like they only want the docs. they will not interview my wife again

Here is my question. Will my wife be able to hand in all the evidence we had.. phone records, emails, chat logs, reciepts for money i sent her. my will. They Asked for none of this at all.

I have already sent them a email asking them the same question. got auto reply. still waiting on normal response.

Just hand in the requested things asked for and see if a pink slip is coming.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

How long ago was your divorce? If it was fairly recent then that would explain why they're asking for the list of residences and proof of your ex-wife's residence.

At this point, I'd guess there are three possibilities. They're on the verge of approving and just need this one problem addressed, they're on the verge of denying and are sending you on a wild goose chase while they buy some time, or they're hovering somewhere in the middle.

If they're on the verge of approving and you submit the evidence they requested then they'll probably approve you. Submitting more evidence might raise more issues than it resolves.

If they're on the verge of denying then they already have their reasons, and they could simply ignore any other evidence you submit.

If they're hovering somewhere in the middle then you'll probably end up in AP, regardless of what you submit now. I'd wait and see if this is what they do. If they put the case in AP then I'd flood them evidence.

12/15/2009 - K1 Visa Interview - APPROVED!

12/29/2009 - Married in Oakland, CA!

08/18/2010 - AOS Interview - APPROVED!

05/01/2013 - Removal of Conditions - APPROVED!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

one post removed for being non-constructive to the op.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

despite my previous warning, one more post removed and one person thread banned.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Hey Man

your wife will be interview again (your case same mine)no need doc

Johncali9

Hey Man

your wife will be interview again (your case same mine)no need doc

Johncali9

John WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT MAN?

You need to turn in all of the requested documents and if that's all they need, she will get pinks. Seem like the interview went well so I think your chance of getting pink is pretty good. Good luck on your situation.

event.png

Timeline

Thanks for the responses. My divorce was over 4 years ago. I havn't talked to m ex since then. I did a white page search to get her current address.

Jim you and luckytxn are probally right. I'll just turn in what they asked for a see where it goes from there. Still no reply from the consulate. Not that concerned about that.

This is part of what the blue slip stated.

Section 221 (g) of the Act prohibits the issuance of a visa to any one who has failed to present the documents required in connection with the visa application, or who has failed to submit sufficient credible evidence to support the claimed petitionable relationship.

What gets me is the documents they say are required, are not required. When you go to the NVC page about specific docs required by each Consulate. Vietnam has none. We also had more then enough "SUFFICIENT CREDIBLE EVIDENCE". my wife was never asked for it.

One question she was asked. What is your husbands job. Machinist, he works medal. I had made a part for my wife. nothing more then the letter "F" with our names etched on it. She offered to show it to them. Their reply. We dont need to see it.

If AP is where we are headed. They will get Flooded, You can count on it.

Thanks for the support

Thanks Charles :thumbs:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

221(g) is a wide open "gotcha". They can use it anytime they want more evidence, and they can ask for virtually any evidence they want. On top of that, they are the ones who get to decide what constitutes "sufficient credible evidence".

It's their game, and we have to play by their rules. It also seems that when people start to catch on to what those rules are, and start using that knowledge to try to get an upper hand, the consulate changes the rules.

12/15/2009 - K1 Visa Interview - APPROVED!

12/29/2009 - Married in Oakland, CA!

08/18/2010 - AOS Interview - APPROVED!

05/01/2013 - Removal of Conditions - APPROVED!

Timeline

My wife should have all the documents requested by feb 7. should she turn them early or wait till the date on the blue slip feb.23 ?

The blue slip says they will review at a later date. Any thoughts on how long this could take?

Filed: Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Yes you can submit anything that you feel will help your case, if they act like they do not want it, have your loved one be forceful on them taking it. Sometimes they only want what is on the slip and will try to be sneaky and only take that, but it is your right to submit what you feel is important. Do not let them push you around, if you do they might push you into the denial line. She shouldnt have to be rude just forceful and clearly state that she wants to submit everything, and not just what they wanted, but do make sure you have what they want. Good luck Jerome

小學教師 胡志明市,越南

Timeline

How long ago was your divorce? If it was fairly recent then that would explain why they're asking for the list of residences and proof of your ex-wife's residence.

At this point, I'd guess there are three possibilities. They're on the verge of approving and just need this one problem addressed, they're on the verge of denying and are sending you on a wild goose chase while they buy some time, or they're hovering somewhere in the middle.

If they're on the verge of approving and you submit the evidence they requested then they'll probably approve you. Submitting more evidence might raise more issues than it resolves.

If they're on the verge of denying then they already have their reasons, and they could simply ignore any other evidence you submit.

If they're hovering somewhere in the middle then you'll probably end up in AP, regardless of what you submit now. I'd wait and see if this is what they do. If they put the case in AP then I'd flood them evidence.

I would disagree with this, if they are hovering around the middle they might deny instead of AP, with HCMC I would never take the chance.

The CO I know would also says to submit everything you can think of, because if you do they have to "show" on paperwork that they looked at it regardless if they did or not, so what this means if they do send a denial then the evidence is there, once you get a denial you cannot submit more evidence until you are given chance for a rebuttal, and most petitions are let to expire instead of going through the rebuttal process. SO what it means to have evidence submitted is that once it comes back to the US there is a higher chance that they will reaffirm the original petition sending it back to HCMC and I think the approval rate for reaffirmed cases is something like 96% dont quote me on that figure.

Either way it is your choice, if you sit and wait, you could get the pink, denial, or AP. Just remember with the result you are the only one to blame (unless you had a liar for a CO :o ) So do what you think is best, but if you feel it can help, why not submit it now, some might argue that if you were going to get a pink giving more evidence might make them take longer to hand it out, but if they were going to give pink they would probably not look at your evidence and just issue the pink, some people have gone in early to resubmit and got a pink the same day, this means they probably did NOT look at what was submitted, and just gave the pink, so for them to wait to issue a pink is far fetched and grasping at straws. Follow your heart, and if you think it will help submit it. Jerome

小學教師 胡志明市,越南

Timeline

Thanks for the input Jermone, . . I'm not concerned with blaming myself for whatever the outcome is. sooner or later my wife will be here. . . preferably sooner, but I'm in for the long haul.

I have a few days to think about which way I go with the evidence we have. We might just turn in a few extra documents. im thinking my will, and bank statements, showing where i paid for minutes to talk to my wife, and showing she used her ATM card from my bank.

I didn't think the I130 CR-1 expired, am I wrong in thinking this ?

When my wife prepped for the interview. IOM helped her. She was told not to hand anything in unless she was asked for it. . . It never entered my mind that they wouldn't want to see the evidence she had . . .

It kinda feels like we are cattle, not really interviewed just pushed though a ramp to the slaughter house . . .USDA approved.

When my brother's wife had her interview 12years ago. the interview lasted 6 hours (HCMC). . . Now I see where people think a hour is a long interview.

Timeline

Thanks for the input Jermone, . . I'm not concerned with blaming myself for whatever the outcome is. sooner or later my wife will be here. . . preferably sooner, but I'm in for the long haul.

I have a few days to think about which way I go with the evidence we have. We might just turn in a few extra documents. im thinking my will, and bank statements, showing where i paid for minutes to talk to my wife, and showing she used her ATM card from my bank.

I didn't think the I130 CR-1 expired, am I wrong in thinking this ?

When my wife prepped for the interview. IOM helped her. She was told not to hand anything in unless she was asked for it. . . It never entered my mind that they wouldn't want to see the evidence she had . . .

It kinda feels like we are cattle, not really interviewed just pushed though a ramp to the slaughter house . . .USDA approved.

When my brother's wife had her interview 12years ago. the interview lasted 6 hours (HCMC). . . Now I see where people think a hour is a long interview.

You are right it wont expire, but they can deny it, and without extra evidence included IF they did deny it there would be no one in the US to say they shouldnt have, so there would be no way it would be reaffirmed. HCMC cannot actually deny ANY visa, they can simply recomend it for denial, this means the denial actually takes affect in the U.S.A. This is why the CO I know says to always submit it if you think it will help, he understands that people make mistakes when they judge the visa petitions, and feels this is the best hope to fend off such a mistake. But he also said it is no guarentee they would reaffirm any petition, just a remote possibility.

Good luck with what ever you decide to do.

Jerome and Binh

小學教師 胡志明市,越南

• 3 weeks later...
Timeline

My wife turned the documents that hcmc requested. She was at the consulate from 12:30 to 5pm. waited all that time just to be given a white slip saying her visa was being denied. they claim our marriage is a fake. . . wow . . . We just turned in what they requested. Hard to understand how they can deny without even looking at anything but a timeline, and residency. The timeline was 3 full pages. I tried to be as detailed as possible. time to get ready for a rebuttal.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.