Onyx & Inari

K-1 interview: proof of ongoing relationship

9 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

To stay in touch my Fiancee and I practically leave skype on 24/7 - although I can scroll up and see what's been said, I can't find a way to print or achieve the information.

Any help would be great as we don't want to have problems come the final hurdle.

01/14/11 - Filed I-129F

01/20/11 - NOA1 Received (Forwarded to the dreaded VSC)

01/28/11 - "Touched"

05/18/11 - NOA2 Approved

06/14/11 - Received Packet 3

06/17/11 - Sent Packet 3

07/22/11 - Medical

09/09/11 - Interview - Approved!

09/15/11 - Visa received

10/05/11 - Flying out

11/02/11 - Married

11/05/11 - I-485 EAD and AP filed!

12/12/11 - I-485 and all that other good stuff received

02/11/12 - Biometrics

02/15/12 - Paper work moved from Vermont to California

02/25/12 - EAD received (expires 02/25/13)

December 2012 still nothing...

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

To stay in touch my Fiancee and I practically leave skype on 24/7 - although I can scroll up and see what's been said, I can't find a way to print or achieve the information.

Any help would be great as we don't want to have problems come the final hurdle.

you can try print screen, so far thats the only option to print history from skype. not sure if others figured a better way. goodluck

Earn a $15 Gift Card!http://refer.xoom.com/a/clk/2BjwkwUse ENJOYDEC code to send free :)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

you can try print screen, so far thats the only option to print history from skype. not sure if others figured a better way. goodluck

But will they be happy enough to accept that?

01/14/11 - Filed I-129F

01/20/11 - NOA1 Received (Forwarded to the dreaded VSC)

01/28/11 - "Touched"

05/18/11 - NOA2 Approved

06/14/11 - Received Packet 3

06/17/11 - Sent Packet 3

07/22/11 - Medical

09/09/11 - Interview - Approved!

09/15/11 - Visa received

10/05/11 - Flying out

11/02/11 - Married

11/05/11 - I-485 EAD and AP filed!

12/12/11 - I-485 and all that other good stuff received

02/11/12 - Biometrics

02/15/12 - Paper work moved from Vermont to California

02/25/12 - EAD received (expires 02/25/13)

December 2012 still nothing...

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

But will they be happy enough to accept that?

well you can print the call logs separately form the chat logs, then you add some pics of you together, evidence of travel, anything that you can gather to prove your relationship. phone records are just one of them, they dont deny you becoz you dont have enough phone records to show or means of communication, its just one of those many things that you can gather to convince them. emails, cards or if theres remittance or any receipt of gifts to sent to each other.

Earn a $15 Gift Card!http://refer.xoom.com/a/clk/2BjwkwUse ENJOYDEC code to send free :)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

When you open up the skype log, <CTRL><A> to select all and <CTRL><C> to copy. Open a new Word or NotePad docment and press <CTRL><P> to paste it. I pasted into Excel, used some formulas to extract call durations, and displayed talk times by month. I did something similar with phone bills for SMS and phone calls. Good luck!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Sudan
Timeline

There are actually a couple tools out there to get the chat and call logs.

The two I use are simply called SkypeCallExporter and SkypeChatExporter. You can find them here.

This is what I used to get the logs for our visa packet. You'll need to clean them up a bit so it's more readable but this will do the job :)

I used skypelogview to download call history, it was over 100 pages and they did not ask for it. :/ but it works!

My link

My Journey:

We met through a study-abroad program in Shanghai, China in August of 2009

We got engaged March of 2010

I received my K1 VISA in 6 months (June-December 2010)

We were married 04/02/2011
I received my conditional 2-year greencard (AOS) in 2.5 months with no interview (April-June 2011)

Our son was born 02/03/2013

I received my masters degree in Speech-Language Pathology 04/17/2013

I received my 10-year greencard (ROC) in 3 months with no interview (March-June 2013)

My husband returned from deployment 06/20/2013

My naturalization journey took 4 months (April-August 2014)

I became a US citizen on 08/01/2014

Received passport in 3 weeks (regular processing)

Thank you, VJ! smile.png

You actually don't need to worry about that. In 3 years of following London interviews on VJ, no one has ever been asked to show proof of their ongoing relationship at their interview. Save yourself some time and worry and forget the photos, skype or chat logs, travel details, etc. London is not Manila and the interview will be very different. You may get the "better safe than sorry" advice, but seriously you will not suddenly be the first of 500 reported interviews to be asked for skype. It's not going to happen.

Your time/worry will be better spent on gathering the things that apply to you from this list:

Birth Certificate (version with parent's names on it)

Adoption Certificate

Passport (with at least 8 months of validity left beyond visa date)

Marriage Certificate

Termination of Prior Marriages

Military Records

Affidavit of Support (I-134 and two good proofs of income)

Police Certificates

Court and Prison Records

Photographs (2 passport style)

Translations

Detailed explanation of these items are on London's website http://london.usembassy.gov/interview_documents.html

That's it, nothing more. Then a short friendly chat about various things like--

How did you meet?

What does he/she do for a living?

When did you decide to get married? or When did you propose?

Do you have a wedding date yet?

Where will you be living?

You're approved. Go pay the courier.

England.gifENGLAND ---

K-1 Timeline 4 months, 19 days 03-10-08 VSC to 7-29-08 Interview London

10-05-08 Married

AOS Timeline 5 months, 14 days 10-9-08 to 3-23-09 No interview

Removing Conditions Timeline 5 months, 20 days12-27-10 to 06-10-11 No interview

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

The journey from Fiancé to US citizenship:

4 years, 2 months, 6 days

243 pages of forms/documents submitted

No RFEs

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.