jessicarabbit1981

final questions re: proof of relationship

6 posts in this topic

me again!!

well we got married yesterday! WHOOP!! and now we're just putting the packages together. gonna send them off tomorrow. just have one or two quick questions tho.

1. did anyone pay a crazy amount of money for the physical? i paid close on $300. i was baffled. but whatever. what's done is done.

2. seeing as how we got married yesterday and it's snowing like crazy outside, there is no way we can get a joint account or my name on any bills in time so we're thinking if the other "proof" we have will suffice for now. we will get the joint accounts and so forth in time for the interview. so far we have:

- pictures like you wont believe (with my folks in SA, with his folks from the wedding, trips we took, etc etc)

- plane tickets from trips we took

- how valid are facebook messages or screen shots of wall posts?

- emails

- a signed affidavit from the officiant at the wedding

i'm really hoping that this is enough initial evidence. oh for those of you who haven't read my previous posts, the reason for this rush is that my i-94 expires on friday and we'd like to get the paperwork out before the overstay becomes too big of a problem.

anyway, if anyone has any other solid advice to offer that'll be faaantastic.

thanks in advance :)

our timeline

27jan11 - AOS filed
22jun11 - Green Card

27apr13 - ROC filed

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

You will likely need more proof at the interview. But that is fine you will have time to go do thos other things like get a joint account etc after you filed but before the interview.

-------------------------------------------- as1cE-a0g410010MjgybHN8MDA5Njk4c3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

Your I-129f was approved in 5 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 67 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

AOS was approved in 2 months and 8 days without interview.

ROC was approved in 3 months and 2 days without interview.

I am a Citizen of the United States of America. 04/16/13

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: South Africa
Timeline

me again!!

well we got married yesterday! WHOOP!! and now we're just putting the packages together. gonna send them off tomorrow. just have one or two quick questions tho.

1. did anyone pay a crazy amount of money for the physical? i paid close on $300. i was baffled. but whatever. what's done is done.

2. seeing as how we got married yesterday and it's snowing like crazy outside, there is no way we can get a joint account or my name on any bills in time so we're thinking if the other "proof" we have will suffice for now. we will get the joint accounts and so forth in time for the interview. so far we have:

- pictures like you wont believe (with my folks in SA, with his folks from the wedding, trips we took, etc etc)

- emails

i'm really hoping that this is enough initial evidence. oh for those of you who haven't read my previous posts, the reason for this rush is that my i-94 expires on friday and we'd like to get the paperwork out before the overstay becomes too big of a problem.

A very BIG congrats to you both :) I read your other post and wondered the other day what had happened :D

Goodluck with the rest of your journey...

Dustin USA (Petitioner)
Kirsty SA (Beneficiary)

K-1 Journey

7 MONTHS 20 DAYS.. (From Start to Finish)

P.O.E

05.27.2011 - Flying to Michigan
05.28.2011 - P.O.E in New York - had no problems at all smile.png
05.28.2011 - Off to Detroit
07.09.2011 - Our Wedding wub.png

AOS Journey

3 MONTHS 4 DAYS (From Filing AOS to Interview Approval)
3 MONTHS 9 DAYS (From Filing AOS to Receiving GC)

ROC Journey

.. MONTHS .. DAYS (From Filing ROC to Receiving 10 Year GC)

.. MONTHS .. DAYS (From Responding to RFE to Receiving 10 Year GC)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

me again!!

- emails

Civil surgeons figure they've got you over a barrel because you need that physical to adjust status. The prices tend to be more reasonable if you live in an area where there are a lot of civil surgeons - free market forces work to keep prices down. $300 is a lot, but I've heard of some civil surgeons who charge a LOT more.

You just got married, so it stands to reason you wouldn't have much evidence that you've merged your lives yet. The stuff you've got is fine to show you've had a relationship, but expect the IO to ask for more practical evidence at the interview - joint accounts, apartment lease, insurance policies, tax return - stuff like that.

BTW, did you actually get the medical before you got married? I have no idea whether that would be a problem. I've just never heard of anyone doing it that way before. Most people don't start prepping for the AOS until after they're married.

12/15/2009 - K1 Visa Interview - APPROVED!

12/29/2009 - Married in Oakland, CA!

08/18/2010 - AOS Interview - APPROVED!

05/01/2013 - Removal of Conditions - APPROVED!

BTW, did you actually get the medical before you got married? I have no idea whether that would be a problem. I've just never heard of anyone doing it that way before. Most people don't start prepping for the AOS until after they're married.

We did the medical before we were married. It's no problem.

Edited by Harpa Timsah

AOS for my husband
8/17/10: INTERVIEW DAY (day 123) APPROVED!!

ROC:
5/23/12: Sent out package
2/06/13: APPROVED!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

me again!!

- emails

Congrats on your marriage! My husband's medical was $255 - the bulk of the fees was for the lab work and testing. Our doc gave us a breakdown of the expenses and her fee was only $100.

Good luck with your filing.

AOS Timeline

01/28/11 - Day 0 - Mailed off paperwork

01/31/11 - Day 3 - Paperwork received

02/08/11 - Day 10 - Email/Text notification of applications processed

02/08/11 - Day 10 - NOA and Checks cashed

02/14/11 - Day 16 - Biometrics letter received (dated 2/9/11) (apt 3/7/11)

03/01/11 - Day 31 - Biometrics done early

03/14/11 - Day 44 - Interview date received (April 14, 2011)

03/29/11 - Day 59 - EAD/AP card production ordered

04/07/11 - Day 68 - Received EAD/AP card

04/14/11 - Day 75 - Interview - APPROVED

04/23/11 - Day 84 - Green Card received

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.