Jenny & Danny

Costa Rica Embassy in Bogota Tourist Petition Denied

5 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

Hello. I need some quick advise on how to handle this problem. I am a USC with a fiance in Colombia. A few months ago I received a Costa Rica vacation through my business. Flight and hotel for a week at a 5 star resort. I contacted the Costa Rica embassy in Bogota, did all my research and thought that it would be possible to have my fiance join me on this trip. We first had to beg to get an interview appointment before the trip, they came through and gave Jenny an appointment today the 25th. The vacation is supposed to start the 27th. I totally made sure every detail was covered per the Costa Rica instructions. Jenny had a completed aplication, DAS records, immigration records, she had all flight info to and from, proof of hotel reservation, vaccination records. I provided a letter stating that I was assuming all financial obligations and also provided many months of my bank records. Keep in mind we provided each and every thing that the web site and the Costa Rica people told us to provide. I had to buy a flight for Jenny to travel from Pereira Colombia to Bogota today.

Guess what. She was DENIED. She asked several times for the reason and they gave none. Jenny is so upset it was very hard to understand her on the phone.Does anyone out there think that there is anything I can do or chalk it up to an expensive lesson learned. We only booked the flight and hotel before the Visa was granted because it is a requirement to show proof of these items.

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : Bogota, Colombia

I-129F Sent : 2010-07-20

I-129F NOA1 : 2010-07-30

I-129F RFE(s) :

RFE Reply(s) :

I-129F NOA2 : 2010-12-20

NVC Received : 2010-12-28

NVC Left : 2010-12-30

Consulate Received : 2011-01-10

Packet 3 Received : 2011-01-21

Packet 3 Sent : 2011-01-10

Packet 4 Received : 2011-02-03

Interview Date : 2011-03-02

Interview Result : Approved

Visa Received : 2011-03-10

US Entry : 2011-03-26

Marriage :

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

My guess is that they asked for details of her ties to her home Country and her financial information.

I think if she has a US Visa she does not need a CR Visa.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

sorry that happen,it happen to my fiance i did the same thing you did to try to get her to visit me on b-2 she was denied they gave her a letter, so i went to colombia to visit her three times we married there, i filed 1-130 cr-1 i met her in bogata for the medical and the interview i went with her to the interview the officer talked to me then my wife,wanted to see my passport, our wedding pictures,approved, two weeks later she was in the u.s now shes waiting to file for three years married citizenship, .......it looks like they won't let her leave she needs strong ties colombia is strick,good luck to you and your finance,

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline

Your fiance is from Colombia and tried to get a visitor visa for Costa Rica at the Costa Rica'n embassy correct?

This forum is mainly for people looking for visitor visas for the US, but maybe if you post your question in the regional forums you can get some help.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/forum/96-latin-america-mexico-the-caribbean/

Good Luck!

Edited by yohino

April 2007 : Met
07/28/07 : Officialy dating
06/07/09 : Engaged
09/04/09 : Married

10/06/09 : I-130 Sent
10/15/09 : NOA1
01/11/10 : Expedite Request Sent Through Congressman
01/14/10 : NOA2

01/22/10 : Got NVC casenumber
03/16/10 : Case Complete

05/04/10 : Medical
05/11/10 : Interview - APPROVED!!
05/14/10 : Passport w/ Visa recieved

05/29/10 : POE JFK
06/25/10 : Apply for SSN
06/29/10 : Received Welcome Letter
07/01/10 : Recieved SSN (33 days after POE)
07/07/10 : Greencard production ordered
07/13/10 : Second Welcome Letter recieved
07/15/10 : Green Card recieved (47 days after POE)

04/02/12 : ROC NOA1
05/24/12 : ROC Biometrics
12/19/12 : ROC Approval
12/24/12 : New GC recieved

3/18/16 : N-400 Application sent
3/25/16 : Text/Email confirmation NOA
4/22/16 : Biometrics Appt

6/24/16 : NOA date for Interview

7/28/2016: Interview

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.