jpidgley

Interview Problem

10 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: England
Timeline

Hey all.

So i didn't find out about this site until about 3 months after we had applied. As is the case with most people who have done the same, i wish i had known about it earlier!!

Anyway, i have a problem when it comes to the interview in London. Everywhere on here it says i need to take copies of my Application pack with me...... we didnt make any copies :bonk:

so my question is: do i just make copies of everything from now on, and hope they don't ask to see any of the original pack, or do i attempt to recreate the pack we sent?

K1 Visa - 2011

AP & EAD - 2012

Adjustment of Status - 2012

Removal of Conditions - 2014

Naturalization - Pending

The photocopy of the application pack serves two purposes: a backup in case USCIS loses anything, and as a reference for the non-USC spouse to review in preparation for the interview. So don't worry if you weren't able to make copies the first time, you can try to recreate it now, just in case the packet is needed.

Members are generally advised to bring original documents + photocopies to the interview stage. Tthe Embassy would use the originals for cross-checking and then take the photocopy of those documents...then again, they may not ask for anything additional, and hopefully none of your papers have gone missing or misplaced --- that happens too...still it is good to have all your documents on hand during the interview.

Hope this helps.

Hey all.

So i didn't find out about this site until about 3 months after we had applied. As is the case with most people who have done the same, i wish i had known about it earlier!!

Anyway, i have a problem when it comes to the interview in London. Everywhere on here it says i need to take copies of my Application pack with me...... we didnt make any copies :bonk:

so my question is: do i just make copies of everything from now on, and hope they don't ask to see any of the original pack, or do i attempt to recreate the pack we sent?

Be smart, have a plan, and hang on to the people you love. - Chris Gardner

N-400 Timeline

02-23-2018: Sent N-400 Application online

02-23-2018: Date on NOA, retrieved from online account

02-23-2018: Date on Biometrics Appointment Letter (Biometrics Appointment at Jacksonville ASC on March 13, 10:00 a.m.)

03-08-2018: Biometrics complete

04-05-2018: Case status updated - Interview Scheduled on May 10, 2018, 10:15 a.m. :D

05-10-2018: Citizenship Interview - Passed English and Civics Tests, Recommended for Approval! :D 

06-19-2018: Received email and text notification: Naturalization Ceremony Scheduled; waited for letter to be uploaded on online account - it has been set on Wednesday, July 25, 3:00 p.m.

07-25-2018: I am now a U.S. Citizen!

K3-K4 Journey.txt

I too, ran across this problem! :blush: I did my best to recreate my package and brought everything with me to my interview. I wasn't asked for it, but I'm glad I had it! Just do your best to recreate, while the papers are still fresh in your mind and bring them with you to the interview! (And maybe make a photocopy of our recreated package, as a "just-in-case", should something get lost or damaged!) Best of luck to you!

April 2008: Met through a friend

April 2009: Started dating

July 24, 2009: Engaged!

Feb 25, 2010: Sent in I-129F

Mar 11, 2010: NOA1 received

July 02, 2010: NOA2 received!!

July 07, 2010: NVC receives case

Aug 04, 2010: Received Packet 3

Aug 06. 2010: Packet 3 Sent!

Sept 14, 2010: Packet 4! Interview time!

Nov 15, 2010: Medical in Montreal

Nov 19, 2010: Interview in Montreal

Interview Result: Approved!

Dec 30, 2010: Moving Day! POE at Calais, ME! Never have to be apart again!

Timeline

Ok thats what i thought.

Thank goodness for VJ, i think i would be screwed without everyone here!

K1 Visa - 2011

AP & EAD - 2012

Naturalization - Pending

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Ok thats what i thought.

Thank goodness for VJ, i think i would be screwed without everyone here!

Here here!!! I also wished I had found this site first... as it seems our application is lacking in further evidence (no pics, passports copies or proof of relationship included). :blush:

Since we didn't have a photocopier handy and needed to mail off the application before my future husband left to work overseas, we made sure to sign 3 of each document sent so that if required we would at least have that.

Now I'm working on gathering and organizing the documentation for the inevitable RFE notice ... in 6 months??? :wacko:

---------------------
Oct. 22 - 25/10: Met in Hawaii and fell in love!
Jan. 3/11: Together in Seattle for New Years - officially, ENGAGED got my ring and we got matching tattoos!
Jan. 8/11: Mailed K1 forms to Lockbox in Lewisville, TX
Jan. 11/11: Check cashed.
Jan. 12/11: NOA1 - Initial Review - Petition Received
Jan. 14/11: Last Touch
Jan. 17/11: Rec'd email notification with receipt number and notice that package was received and routed to Vermont for Processing. Able to logon within a day to check case.
Feb. 24/11: Mailed additional info to VSC
May 10/11: RFE email - May 12/11: RFE hard copy received
May 27/11: RFE reply received and being processed.
July 1/11: NOA2!!!
July 14/11: NVC forwards petition to Vancouver
July 21/11: Packet 3 received via email.
Aug. 7/11: Packed 3 emailed back
Aug. 8/11: Packet 4 letter received via email
Sept. 21/11: Medical - SUCCESS!!!!
Sept. 23/11: Visa Interview = SUCCESS!!!
Sept. 28/11: Visa in hand
Sept. 29/11: POE at YVR to Seattle
Oct. 23/11: Hawaii beach wedding
Jan. 12/12: 1-485 & 1-765 NOA hard copies received
Feb. 2/12: NOA - case transferred to California
Mar. 3/12: Biometrics Done!
Mar. 14/12: Work Permit card being printed (never arrived, lost in the mail)
May. 8/12: I-485 Approved - Green Card in the mail
May. 12/12: GREEN CARD!!!!!!!!!!!

Package Mailed then RFE then Interview... and finally:

Jan.21/15: 10 Year Green Card!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Timeline

Here here!!! I also wished I had found this site first... as it seems our application is lacking in further evidence (no pics, passports copies or proof of relationship included). :blush:

Since we didn't have a photocopier handy and needed to mail off the application before my future husband left to work overseas, we made sure to sign 3 of each document sent so that if required we would at least have that.

Now I'm working on gathering and organizing the documentation for the inevitable RFE notice ... in 6 months??? :wacko:

i thought id get an RFE, all i sent was photos. no passport stamp, boarding pass, or ticket photocopies. got my NOA2 after 5 months. no RFE

K1 Visa - 2011

AP & EAD - 2012

Naturalization - Pending

You don't need a copy of your original packet at your interview in London. Visa Journey says to send copies to the foreign fiance. USCIS and London Embassy do not say that. All you need at the London interview is whatever applies to you from the list on this page: http://london.usembassy.gov/interview_documents.html

Notice it doesn't say bring evidence of your relationship. It doesn't say to bring a copy of your NOA2 either.

Birth Certificate

Adoption Certificate

Passport

Marriage Certificate

Termination of Prior Marriages

Military Records

Affidavit of Support

Police Certificates

Court and Prison Records

Photographs (US passport size)

Translations

But in the future make a copy of everything so you have it for a reference. You mail in forms to London. They say they never got them. If you made a copy, then you're not starting over. Same thing for AOS and on down the line. It's a good habit when dealing with immigration.

England.gifENGLAND ---

K-1 Timeline 4 months, 19 days 03-10-08 VSC to 7-29-08 Interview London

10-05-08 Married

AOS Timeline 5 months, 14 days 10-9-08 to 3-23-09 No interview

Removing Conditions Timeline 5 months, 20 days12-27-10 to 06-10-11 No interview

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

The journey from Fiancé to US citizenship:

4 years, 2 months, 6 days

243 pages of forms/documents submitted

No RFEs

In my case, I overdone this. I made double to triple copies of any documents and I end up bringing 10 inches of documents during my interview! :lol: And guess what? Only half inch of documents were taken from me. Well, its better to safe than sorry/RFE. I've been in 4 countries but they only asked for NBI from Philippines. I think it really depends on embassy you are dealing with. Just prepare original documents along with photocopies during your interview. All the best! :thumbs:

"The key to everything is patience. You get the chicken by hatching the egg, not by smashing it."

06/20/2009 - Met online ( I am from Philippines and he's from Wisconsin)

04/26/2010 - Met in Philippines (for 2 weeks)

05/08/2010 - Officially engaged!! ( He sent the engagement ring 09/24/2010 and he proposed to me on bended knee in Philippines with the second part of engagement ring) *melting*

06/18/2010 - I-129F package Sent

06/21/2010 - NOA1

06/24/2010 - Touched

09/23/2010 - Touched (when I contacted the Congressman's office)

11/15/2010 - Touched (hopefully the approval)

11/17/2010 - NOA2 (Received hard copy 11/22/2010)

12/01/2010 - Received a letter from DOS dated 11/29/2010 stating that the petition will be forwared to USE AD within a week and that I will received the packets very soon from embassy.

01/18/2011 - Interview. APPROVED!!! No words can express how happy i am.

01/25/2011 - VISA in hand! YAY!!!

02/20/2011 - POE Chicago (O'hare)

05/14/2011 - Our Wedding day

I'm in exactly the same position as you lol!! Are you finding that things are going a lot quicker since the NOA2??!

I'm still in a dilemma as to whether to make a 'new' I-129F packet. As Nich-Nick said, there is no mention of it on the embassy website, and I've never seen any reviewers mentionthat were asked for it. Also I can't remember the exact date that I put on all the forms... :blush:

But still I can't quite shake it off..!

I'm def making a copy of packet 3 to take to the interview as I did read about the embassy misplacing it once but luckily the guy at the interview took a spare set with him.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.