JennyZ

Advice Wanted, A decision cannot yet be made about your application

10 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Japan
Timeline

Does anyone experiences this before?

My district office is Los Angeles, CA.

I filed my N400 on April 2010, did my Biometrics on June 2010, and I passed my interview on November 2010.

After I passed the citizenship test, USCIS officer told me my permanent immigrant file wasn't present at the moment. So he gave me a receipt saying that "No further action on your part is required at this time. Upon receipt of the below checked boxes, your application can be acted upon: Your Permanent immmigrant file".

+/- 3 month have been passed, and I haven't received anything yet.

Any advices?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

Does anyone experiences this before?

My district office is Los Angeles, CA.

I filed my N400 on April 2010, did my Biometrics on June 2010, and I passed my interview on November 2010.

After I passed the citizenship test, USCIS officer told me my permanent immigrant file wasn't present at the moment. So he gave me a receipt saying that "No further action on your part is required at this time. Upon receipt of the below checked boxes, your application can be acted upon: Your Permanent immmigrant file".

+/- 3 month have been passed, and I haven't received anything yet.

Any advices?

You had your interview without that over three inch file present of your USCIS history? They misplaced it. That happened to us three times, but with the help of our senator, they found it. And found it quick because our senator demanded they look for it. Happened to one of my wife's friends after her interview, she was frightened to contact her senator as well as her sponsoring US citizen husband. But they eventually found it, but took them 15 months.

We were prepared if they couldn't find it, have complete duplicate copies of everything we sent in and a worn out copying machine. But because we have that, they found it.

Timeline

Oh, they have 120 days to respond, but if they don't, the ball is in your court, if you don't do anything, just have to wait like my wifes' friend did. Ironically, my wife got a call from her just a couple of days ago, after all she has been through is going back to Spain. Says her husband is lazy, has to work two jobs to pay the outrageous taxes here and really doesn't have a life here. Something to think about.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

You might want to make an infopass appointment at your local USCIS office and ask them for a status update on your situation. It may be enough to 'shake' loose your file from wherever it is sitting and get someone to look at it.

Good luck.

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

You might want to make an infopass appointment at your local USCIS office and ask them for a status update on your situation. It may be enough to 'shake' loose your file from wherever it is sitting and get someone to look at it.

Good luck.

Personally. I agree with Kathryn41

بســــم اللـــــه الــــرحمـن الــــرحــــيم

My N-400 timeline, I hope it will help - Local Office (Chula Vista Field Office - San Diego)

10/01/2010: Application was sent.

10/04/2010: Application was received.

10/06/2010: Email received "Application has been received" & Noticed Date.

10/07/2010: "Touch"

10/08/2010: "Touch" & Check was Cashed

10/09/2010: NOA1 Received via mail.

10/22/2010: Status Changed Online "Request for evidence" It was for Biometrics.

10/25/2010: Request for evidence recieved "Biometrics Notice".

11/18/2010: Biometrics date ==> 11:00AM. Biometrics was taken On time.

12/03/2010: "Yellow Letter" Received.

12/06/2010: "Touch" Case Moved to "Testing and Interview".

12/08/2010: Interview Letter received via mail.

01/13/2011: Interview Date. Done, " Thanks To ALLAH, I Passed the Test.

01/18/2011: Oath Letter was Sent.

01/20/2011: Oath Letter Recieved via mail.

01/28/2011: Oath Date. ==> Done, I am a U.S. Citizen

01/31/2011: Applied for a U.S. Passport Book, And, U.S. Passport Card.

02/25/2011: Passport Book's Received.

02/26/2011: Passport Card's Received.

02/28/2011: Certificate Of Naturalization's Returned.

Game Over.

• 2 months later...
Timeline

Update: The 120-days have been passed, and I have gone through the InfoPass at USCIS local office. Then they sent me to citizenship interview room, and one of the officer talked to me and gave me an answer with "Consolidation of file, review of a file, completion of all background checks". The officer also told me to wait another 1-2 months for decision.

What should I do?? Ask my U.S Representative for help? Should I sue them by Manda by filling a mandamus petition?

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

Update: The 120-days have been passed, and I have gone through the InfoPass at USCIS local office. Then they sent me to citizenship interview room, and one of the officer talked to me and gave me an answer with "Consolidation of file, review of a file, completion of all background checks". The officer also told me to wait another 1-2 months for decision.

What should I do?? Ask my U.S Representative for help? Should I sue them by Manda by filling a mandamus petition?

I've asked my Representative to have his USCIS liazon check on my case before. He couldn't change things but when we did present results of our attempt to fulfill an impossible request, everything went fine. In fact, the delay gave us a 10 year PR card instead.

I imagine you would not make enemies by asking your Representative or Senator's office to check on it for you.

Not so sure about suing.

2-2-07 Sent I-129F to NSC

2-6-07 NSC received USPS mail, NSC then to CSC

2-15-07 NOA1 -file received

2-16-07 check cashed

2-23-07 touched

5-4-07 NOA2 approval -email

5-13-07 sent cancellation request letter

6-7-07 we're going to retry with a K-3

8-6-07 married in Thailand (dual language, dual representation prenuptial)

8-7-07 sent K3 from Bangkok

9-10-07 I-130 NOA1, (received at CSC 8-9-07)

10-9-07 sent I-129F to CSC

11-1-07 touched I-130

requested consular processing I-130 (http://www.uscis.gov/files/pressrelease/PN_i-129f.pdf)

9-13-07 I-129F for Spouse arrived CSC via USPS return rcpt. requested

4-1-08 NOA2 for K3 (I-134 supposed to be processed but processed I-129F instead)

7-11-08 interview Bangkok, passed.

7-16-08 POE arrival, 2 hours in Seattle Customs.

AOS I-486 sent 4-4-09

AOS NOA1 4-13-09 for all; I-485, I-131, I765

RFE 4-27-09 Thai official document in lieu of original Birth Certificate not sufficient???

Infopass appointment 5-26-09 at USCIS. Officer thought our doc was valid and doesn't know why the RFE.

7-28-09 EAD and AP sent

Social Security card 8-4-09

interview 9-10-09

10 year green card expires 9-17-19, Permanent Resident Card.

Resident since 9-10-09.

Timeline

You are not alone in these kinds of problems, learned the hard way by making an infopass appointment, contacting the ombudsman, calling that 800 number, or even my congressman was a waste of time.

Each state has two senators, can find yours by typing in, who is your senator on google, go to their home page and find out which one or even if both have an immigration department. One of my senators does not! I find the phone, fax, and e-mail address, you need a release form before they can proceed. For my stepdaughter, downloaded that from their website, had my stepdaughter sign it and give me permission to act in her behalf and faxed it. One of my senators doesn't even have an immigration section in his office, he is totally worthless, so contacted the other. Very nice on the phone and explain the problem, e-mail whatever documents they need or fax them.

When I first started this mess, was dead lost, several means to bring that loved one here, my wife was working for Johnson & Johnson, the Bandaid people and was using an immigration attorney office in America, contacted them, and since my wife was an employee, gave me special rates for help. First thing they told me was to make duplicate copies of everything, because the USCIS is noted for losing things. That happened twice to us, in the event my senators office could not find the lost applications, told them I had complete files here. But that never was needed. With the California Service Center, they found our I-751 within three hours, with the St. Paul office, they found my wifes' completed interview file with an hour,and two hours later they e-mailed her oath ceremony letter to me with a special oath ceremony for her that was three days later.

At first I contacted my attorneys office, they really couldn't help us, but suggested with contact our senators office, that got quick action. I did sent a campaign contribution, heck, that was cheaper than us running around and taking time off of work, but to my surprise, we were invited to a dinner with out senator, and my wife got to meet him personally.

With my stepdaughter, where a decision could not be made at this time, was mix up with her name, being accused of battery charge when she was 17 months old and an assault charge when she was four years old. That could have dragged on for months without the help of our senators office. Congressmen only serve a two year term, while I have known our congressman for years, he wasn't really set up for immigration help. You should ask this question first, can you help us?

This has been my experience, am a veteran of a foreign war and not ashamed to let them know that. Wife and stepdaughter are scared, but hey, this is my family I am trying to protect. So I acted in their behalf. They did speak briefly to both my wife and stepdaughter, just to verify I could act in their behalf. The word in fighting for your country is aggressive, in dealing with your senators office, its assertiveness.

In meeting sponsoring US citizens that married friends of my wife from her country, no backbone, they eventually got their citizenship, but one took as long as 15 months, that is another alternative. Don't do anything, just wait.

Timeline

OK, I sent a request letter to my California Senator, Dianne Feinstein, with her immigration assistance form and copies of my correspondence/receipt from the USCIS. I'll keep you guys posted. Hope everything goes well; otherwise, I might ended up with mandamus petition through the federal court.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.