Chasen.s

My fiances K-1

11 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Hi my names chasen

I sent my fiances Visa papers in about a week ago. I sent the I-129F, 2 biographic papers, one for her and me. 2 passport photos, and 4 photos of use together. A copy of my birth cert. Was that all i was suppose to send in?

Also how long will it take for me to hear back from them that they got the papers, and for them to send word that they will approve the visa? I heard since im military its a little faster?? Any truth in that?

K-1 Filed - Feb 09

NOA1 - Feb 14

NOA1 hardcopy - Feb 18

NOA2 - On its way to us :D

You should have come here first. You forgot the most important part, evidence that you have met in the last 2 years. You will probably receive a request for more evidence which will put you behind a week or two depending on how fast you respond. You will probably here from them in a few days to weeks regarding them receiving your paperwork. Being in the military means nothing unless you are going to be deployed soon.

England.gif England!

And in this crazy life, and through these crazy times

It's you, it's you, You make me sing.

You're every line, you're every word, you're everything.

b0cb1a39c4.png

ROC Timeline

Sent: 7/21/12

NOA1: 7/23/12

Touch: 7/24/2012

Biometrics: 8/24/2012

Card Production Ordered: 3/6/2013

*Eligible for Naturalization: October 13, 2013*

read this http://www.visajourney.com/content/k1guide

You may get an rfe maybe doe to lack of proof of actual meeting in the last two years. It right now takes a minimum of 5 months also depending if your application gets set to the California or Vermont office. They typically only speed up the application if you request and if you about to be deployed.

Timeline

Well i forgot to say i sent my flight papers for the last time i went down to mexico and visited her. Ill need more then that?

K-1 Filed - Feb 09

NOA1 - Feb 14

NOA1 hardcopy - Feb 18

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

4 photos of you together is not enough evidence that you have met in person in the last 2 years. Especially if they are not film dated. You need to send in copies of your passports' ID pages and entry stamps, boarding passes from flights to see each other (although many don't have the year on them and as such are pretty much useless- I would also send the itinerary the airline emails you), receipts from hotels, etc. I don't know if you can send in more now to be added to your case or if you have to wait and see if you get an RFE. As for how long it will take- probably many months. Sorry dude.

Timeline

Well i sent the stuff the instruction forms told me to and a little extra, i see i forgot a couple things, but i have Army legal look it over before i sent it. They said it should be good. So we will hope for the best!

K-1 Filed - Feb 09

NOA1 - Feb 14

NOA1 hardcopy - Feb 18

Timeline

Also, when we get to the interview step, will i be interviewed as well here in the states? or will i have to travel down to mexico and be at my fiances interview?

K-1 Filed - Feb 09

NOA1 - Feb 14

NOA1 hardcopy - Feb 18

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Well i sent the stuff the instruction forms told me to and a little extra, i see i forgot a couple things, but i have Army legal look it over before i sent it. They said it should be good. So we will hope for the best!

Actually, no, you didn't. The form's instructions say to include an original statement from each of you establishing your intent to marry. Read paragraph 5.B on page 3 of the I-129F instructions.

An Army legal officer is probably not who you should have had look over your package. Does your post have a USCIS liaison office? They would have been more help. Or an immigration attorney.

What did you mean before by "flight papers"? If you meant boarding passes from your flight then that's good primary evidence. If you meant an itinerary, then no - not good evidence.

Also, when we get to the interview step, will i be interviewed as well here in the states? or will i have to travel down to mexico and be at my fiances interview?

Neither. You don't get interviewed at all during the visa process. You can go to Mexico for the interview to help support your fiancee, but you won't be able to attend the interview with her.

12/15/2009 - K1 Visa Interview - APPROVED!

12/29/2009 - Married in Oakland, CA!

08/18/2010 - AOS Interview - APPROVED!

05/01/2013 - Removal of Conditions - APPROVED!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Hi my names chasen

I sent my fiances Visa papers in about a week ago. I sent the I-129F, 2 biographic papers, one for her and me. 2 passport photos, and 4 photos of use together. A copy of my birth cert. Was that all i was suppose to send in?

Also how long will it take for me to hear back from them that they got the papers, and for them to send word that they will approve the visa? I heard since im military its a little faster?? Any truth in that?

Chasen,

This site has the FAQ section which provides an excellent guide for you to use. Please read up on it and detrmine what you may have forgotten. Also, do expect an RFE as previously stated, but it will speed up your process having ready what should have been included.

Wishing you the best on your journey!

E&R4EVER

Step-by-Step Guide on How to File for a K-1 Visa for your Foreign Fiance(e)

Jan 18 2011 => I-129F sent

Jan 26 2011 => E-Notification & Text Message received

Jan 26 2011 => Check cashed

Jan 31 2011 => NOA1 Hard Copy Received dated 1/25/2011

May 18 2011 => E-Mail RFE Notification

May 23 2011 => RFE Hard copy Received

May 24 2011 => Mailed RFE back to CSC

May 25 2011 => CSC e-mailed confirming RFE reply accepted. Awaiting decision.....

Jun 01 2011 => E-Mailed NOA2 Approval

Jun 06 2011 => NOA2 Hard copy received in mail

Jun 16 2011 => NVC Received Petition

Jun 17 2011 => NVC Sent Petition to CDJ

Jul 11 2011 => SUPPOSEDLY CDJ SENT PKT 3

Aug 11 2011 => NEVER RECEIVED PKT 3 and finally CDJ asnwered questions to proceed with making Consulate Appt

Aug 23 2011 => INTERVIEW DATE. Never told we were approved. Had to wait for decision from DHL Package!

Aug 30 2011 => Received DHL Package. Found we were aproved!!!

Sep 02 2011 => POE CDJ

Sep 04 2011 => My Babe is home at last!!!

Sep 2011 => Wedding

" Con Amor todo se Puede! "

Eff Y Ros por Siempre!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.