bucknutt76

Medical Exam

11 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

I know this topic has been beaten to death. But I have a question or two regaurding the Medical exam. My fiance is freaking out a bit she is extremely worried about it thinking they are going to find something wrong with her like cancer or something. She is perfectly healthy but she is just scared. She thinks they are going to do a internal and external genitalia inspection and or a smear and find cancer or something. Does anyone know if any of this will actually happen. I have been told that it is pretty straight forward and ushually only lasts about 45 minutes or so. This would really calm her down alot if you could help. Thank you all for the help.

I do not know if the medical exams are similar across the board worldwide but in my case, no such thing, no internal exams as you described. The only thing they are concerned with is communicable diseases such as tb.

June 2006 Met on Myspace
Sep 21 2007 Proposed and she accepted
Dec 9 2007 Arrived in Manila
Dec 15 2007 Returned home, very sad day
Dec 21 2007 Sent Form I-129F to CSC
Dec 24 2007 Packet received at CSC
Dec 31 2007 NOA 1 received
Jan 02 2008 Check cashed
May 05 2008 NOA2
May 12 2008 Received letter from NVC MNL2008xxxxxx
May 19 2008 Paid Delbros fee at Metrobank
May 20 2008 First day of medical
May 21 2008 Told to return for sputum test
May 21 2008 Delbros confirmed receiving payment
May 27 2008 Delbros sent proof of payment to USEM
May 27,28,29 2008 Sputum test done
June 6 2008 Delbros sent doc ver request to the NSO
June 27 2008 NSO doc ver completed, to be picked up by USEM
July 1, 2008 Called USEM, doc ver is at the embassy
July 30, 2008 Passed the sputum test and finished the physical
Aug 5, 2008 Interview, PASSED received PINK SLIP
Aug 12 2008 VISA IN HAND!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thank you God
Aug 16,2008 Flight to US. Manila to Narita, to Chicago
Sept 8, 2008 Civil wedding
Feb 14, 2009 Big fancy wedding
groupresized.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I had no internal exam what-so-ever. It was a regular check up, tested my eyes, took some blood, took an xray, checked my throat and ears and reflex by tapping my knee. Asked questions and done.

Even if she did get one and found cancer thats not going to stop her because its not contagious..

Edited by Inky

-------------------------------------------- as1cE-a0g410010MjgybHN8MDA5Njk4c3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

Your I-129f was approved in 5 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 67 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

AOS was approved in 2 months and 8 days without interview.

ROC was approved in 3 months and 2 days without interview.

I am a Citizen of the United States of America. 04/16/13

As far as I'm aware, there's no internal exam. Some people have reported the doctors taking a quick 'peek' down below just to verify that you are the gender you say you are. They take a chest x-ray, a blood sample, and do your vitals like blood pressure, etc. They are generally only worried about communicable diseases or certain mental health conditions.

If there is a mental health issue, or any other kind of health condition, best get documentation from the doctor about the condition. In mental health, it might be a good idea to get a letter detailing treatments, current status, and a note that they are not a threat to themselves or others. For other health conditions, just some documentation from the GP about it.

Basically, if you answer 'yes' to anything on this sheet:

http://photos.state.gov/libraries/unitedkingdom/164203/cons-visa/iv_medical_letter.pdf

Then you should have documentation to explain it. (The instructions tell you this, too!)

kitsig.jpg

K-1 Visa/ AOS Timeline:
(Detailed info on our timeline can be found here: About us)

ROC Timeline:

02/10/2014 - ROC Sent.

02/12/2014 - NOA1 Date.

03/11/2014 - Biometrics Date.

05/28/2014 - Card Production.

Look in the pinned top at the top of this forum. All described

England.gifENGLAND ---

K-1 Timeline 4 months, 19 days 03-10-08 VSC to 7-29-08 Interview London

10-05-08 Married

AOS Timeline 5 months, 14 days 10-9-08 to 3-23-09 No interview

Removing Conditions Timeline 5 months, 20 days12-27-10 to 06-10-11 No interview

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

The journey from Fiancé to US citizenship:

4 years, 2 months, 6 days

243 pages of forms/documents submitted

No RFEs

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Scotland
Timeline

If she is so worried about the idea that she might have some kind of cancer in her girly bits, then perhaps she should go and see a gynecologist before her medical and make sure everything is ok. If she has HPV or something along those lines and that is what is making her panic, I don't think HPV is something that will keep her from being allowed into the country.

Anyone else know on that one?

"You don't marry someone you can live with, you marry the person you can't live without."

Mailed K-1 on 2-6-10

USCIS received packet on 2-8-10

NOA 1: Received 2-16-10

NOA 2: Approved 4-29-10 (72 Days)

NVC Forwarded Petition to London- 5-6-10

NVC Letter Received: 5-7-1010

London Received Packet: 5-14-10

London Mailed Packet to Rob: 5-18-10

Packet 3 Received by Rob: 5-22-2010

Packet 3 paperwork mailed to Rob 6-12-10

Medical- July 8, 2010

Everything mailed to Embassy 7-19-10

Interview Date: 9-14-10- Approved pending non-machine washed replacement passport.

Entry to US- 10-6-10 POE- Newark

Wedding- 10-23-10

AOS

Mailed AOS paperwork to the Chicago lockbox 1-7-11

Delivery Notification 1-10-11

Text stating application was received 1-20-11

Check Cashed 1-21-11

NOA 1 received 1-22-11

Biometrics letter received 1-29--11

Biometrics appointment 2-24-11

Received notice- I-485 has been transferred to the California Service Center 2-9-11.

3-11-11 - EAD production ordered

3-19-11- EAD Received

3-31-2011- AOS approved without interview

I know this topic has been beaten to death. But I have a question or two regaurding the Medical exam. My fiance is freaking out a bit she is extremely worried about it thinking they are going to find something wrong with her like cancer or something. She is perfectly healthy but she is just scared. She thinks they are going to do a internal and external genitalia inspection and or a smear and find cancer or something. Does anyone know if any of this will actually happen. I have been told that it is pretty straight forward and ushually only lasts about 45 minutes or so. This would really calm her down alot if you could help. Thank you all for the help.

Get her to look at the latest London Medical reviews http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/8321-london-medical-knightsbridge-doctors/page__st__510

Nothing to worry herself about.

ROC Timeline

4-26-13------Eligible to file for ROC

6-17-13------Sent off I-751 Package

6-19-13------VSC Received our package. Signed for by K. Fitzgerald

6-24-13------Received NOA in the mail, dated 6-20-13

6-24-13------Check Cashed

7-05-13------Received Biometrics Appointment letter in the mail for 7-18-13

7-18-13------Biometrics done

8-20-13------Case Transferred to CSC for further processing

8-24-13------Transfer notice arrived in the mail today

10-21-13----ROC Approved!

10-25-13----Received approval letter in the mail

10-28-13----Production of 10 Yr Green Card ordered

11-01-13----Card has been mailed!....Received USPS tracking number

11-04-13----10yr Green Card arrived in the mail today....Yay!!

2gsxvmz.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Then you should have documentation to explain it. (The instructions tell you this, too!)

My fiance has had a few seizures in the past and is currently on medication for them. Should he get a letter from his GP? Or can he just explain in a separate letter? ..this isn't something which they could deny his visa for is it? If he does need to get a letter from his GP (which I am thinking is the case), should it just explain his situation and that it is not a major problem?

09-10-10 | Sent 129F to Texas lockbox

09-13-10 | NOA1 received

02-03-11 | NOA2 finally received

02-08-11 | NOA2 hardcopy

02-17-11 | NVC received

02-25-11 | Consulate received

03-03-11 | Packet 3 received

03-04-11 | Packet 3 sent

03-11-11 | Medical

03-28-11 | Interview!

03-31-11 | Visa Received

04-15-11 | POE Chicago

My fiance has had a few seizures in the past and is currently on medication for them. Should he get a letter from his GP? Or can he just explain in a separate letter? ..this isn't something which they could deny his visa for is it? If he does need to get a letter from his GP (which I am thinking is the case), should it just explain his situation and that it is not a major problem?

Take a statement from the family physician explaining the condition and how it is being treated. There's a lot of seizures so the medical verbiage a doctor can write is what's needed. Is it epilepsy, something else...Knightsbridge will want to know what a doctor who has treated him says. It should include dates, treatment, medicine/dosage and general prognosis, ie no further problems as long as the medication is taken. Or for others who had something checked on the medical questionaire maybe the statement would include that it was resolved in 1999 and has not been a problem since.

It won't prevent a visa. There could be questions like...have you checked to see if your medicine is available in the US...how will you get a refill...will you be covered by your fiance's insurance immediately with a pre-existing condition. Those are things to think about as a couple. In the past people have said things like "I am taking an 8 month supply with me for the transition", etc and had a plan to let the officer know they had considered the medical aspect of moving. I'm not saying this to frighten you. It's just a head's up so he will feel prepared if medical conditions come up at the interview. If it comes up, it won't be a grilling but just a chat about it.

England.gifENGLAND ---

K-1 Timeline 4 months, 19 days 03-10-08 VSC to 7-29-08 Interview London

10-05-08 Married

AOS Timeline 5 months, 14 days 10-9-08 to 3-23-09 No interview

Removing Conditions Timeline 5 months, 20 days12-27-10 to 06-10-11 No interview

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

The journey from Fiancé to US citizenship:

4 years, 2 months, 6 days

243 pages of forms/documents submitted

No RFEs

I had my medical in London last week. They didnt take a peek 'down below', just gave me a chest xray and blood test, looked at my throat, took my blood pressure (not surprisingly in the situation it was slightly high!), listened to my heart, checked height and weight and got me to read the middle line of an eye chart with my glasses on. That was it. The longest bit was the hanging around for half hour first, and the most painful bit was handing over £200 lol. Good luck :)

USCIS

21.5.10 - NOA1

17.11.10 - NOA2 (there was a hold up due to incorrect information put on forms by our lawyer)

NVC

16.12.10 - All fees paid and everything received at NVC

05.1.11 - SIF and CC for my case only. Get RFE for my 2 sons as lawyer made ANOTHER mistake and made errors on I-864's for the children.

10.1.11 - Corrected I-864's received at NVC via Fedex

14.11.11 - Corrected paperwork entered on system according to AVR

17.1.11 - Medicals done

27.1.11 - My husband calls his senator's office and asks for help to get things moving.

31.1.11 - Finally got SIF for my sons!

01.2.11 - CC (Phoned DOS as NVC shut due to weather and they told me paperwork was completed at NVC on 1st Feb)

10.2.11 - Interview date assigned

15.3.11 - Interview - APPROVED!!!

24.3.11 - POE - Dallas, TX

event.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.