Jahan&Veena

London Medical - Knightsbridge Doctors

2,055 posts in this topic

People have given you great advice about your issues. YOU are the one that is victimizing yourself. USCIS are not doing that to you, they haven't even gotten to your case yet. Furthermore, there are several people that have had similar issues to you and people have told you that they've been successful. You can't even post a 'thank you' to the people that are trying to help you. You just fixate on another problem and pummel it into your head when it isn't even an issue.

So I'll say this again.

I don't *think* the TB will be a problem. You had it in school, correct? You have no signs currently that will show up on the X-ray. I never had the vaccine at school either and no one looked for needle marks in my arm or asked me about it. But if you're that concerned, speak with a GP.

About the cat, first you need to decide if you want take it with you. You say you have UK relatives that can look after it; do you want that, or do you want it to come? If so, you need to look into what needs to happen by making an appointment with a vet. I know you need to get your cat a "passport", get him/her chipped and get him/her vaccinations. Why are you afraid to check that it's been chipped? There should be advice on all of this in the Pets topic.

And about your medical condition, you need to relax. When you have your medical, they'll ask something along the lines of 'have you been treated for depression/self-harm', to which you answer yes. The doctor will then ask you about it, and you can talk about your condition and perhaps get a letter ready (psychiatric evaluation - don't complain that you have to pay, everyone does) that says you're currently of no harm to yourself or others. The WORST that happens is that they'll deny your visa and you file for a waiver and get that evaluation in.

Edited by Gemmie

• 2 weeks later...

About the cat, first you need to decide if you want take it with you. You say you have UK relatives that can look after it; do you want that, or do you want it to come? If so, you need to look into what needs to happen by making an appointment with a vet. I know you need to get your cat a "passport", get him/her chipped and get him/her vaccinations. Why are you afraid to check that it's been chipped? There should be advice on all of this in the Pets topic.

Cats aren't required to get a passport or be chipped or be vaccinated. I brought my cat over to the US with me without having to do all of that (aside from the fact she was vaccinated already anyway). It's different for dogs though.

AOS filed: 07/01/2010

AOS received: 07/06/2010

NOA1 via text: 07/13/2010

NOA1 in mail: 07/16/2010

Touched: 07/16/2010

Biometrics letter: 07/19/2010

Biometrics appointment: 08/04/2010

Touched I-485, EAD: 08/05/2010

Transfer to CSC: 08/05/2010

Touched I-485: 08/06/2010

Touched: 08/10/2010

Touched I-485: 08/12/2010

Touched I-485: 08/14/2010

Touched I-485: 08/23/2010

Touched I-485: 08/24/2010

EAD approved: 09/02/2010

AP approved: 09/07/2010

Received EAD/AP: approx 09/09/2010 (was out of town)

Touch: 09/24/10

I-485 approved: 10/14/2010

GC production ordered: 10/18/2010

GC received: 10/23/2010

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I've got my medical soon and I'm petrified....it's completely illogical, but what happens if they find something? An old std, even something like Aids that can lay dormant for years. Is it grounds for denial?

I was petrified too. My medical was 2 days ago. They were really nice there and made me feel relaxed. It is all straightforward. IF you have aids then obviouisly it would show in the blood test, not sure if this is grounds for visa denial I would think yes. An STD However, probably not? I don't know. They dont actually do STD testing. If you are worried then you should go to your home doctor or std clinic to reassure yourself before the medical. My main concern was not fidning out the results until the interview, but they said if anything is founfd they call you to tell you ebfore the interview.

The first thing upon enterning was filling in a form and giving them your passport, photo and questionnaire. Then in the waiting rrom for 10-15 mins. A very nice lady called me and we went to her room to dicscuss vaccinations. She goes throuhg your record and chescks you dont need any. Also asks if you have had chickenpox, they dont need proff or dates for that htough, saying 'yes' is enough!

Then I went to the room next door with a guy for the xray. I changed into a robe behind the curtain, then put my chest against the machine. He was a fun guy and put me at ease. After a few minutes you see your xray on the computer. Then you go to a different waiting room, that was the longest wait, about 20 mins. Then someone else called me in. sat down, asked me lots of medical history questions, general stuff (smoking, drinking, family history) then you lay down on the couch. oh, no, first i had an eye test as i had forgotten my glasses. Then she prodded my stomach, did the stethoscope thing, pulse, bllod pressure. Then the horrible bloos test. It was only horrible becaseu the first vein she tried didnt give enough so she had to use a different one and then it wouldnt stop bleeding so she had to press really hard to compress it. My arm was in pain all night, she bandaged me up tight and i couldnt bend my arm, and my hand swelled up befoer i went to bed! All in all it was much better than i imagined i was really scared. It was less thorough than i imagined too. Dont worry, try to relax. If you do have anything then its good to know, and get treated, I think if it was anything serious you would be so worried about that you probably wouldnt mind about the visa, you would want to get better. I'm sure all will be fine. Good luck everybody. Apoogies for typos, its late and im typing v fast!

Jan 10th 2009 - Met whilst I was working in the US on a J1 Visa
July 31st 2009 - I had to leave the US (visa expired and no jobs)
Sep 5th 2009 - I returned to the US to visit for 2 months

Dec 30th 2009 - He came to England to visit me for 10 days
Dec 31st 2009 - Engaged!!! He proposed in London at midnight
Jan 2010 - Sent I-129f application

Feb 12th 2010 - received NOA1

March - I visited for 2 weeks
May 4th 2010 - received NOA2

June - I visited for 2 weeks

16th July - Medical
26th July 2010! - Interview at US Embassy in London
12th August 2010 - Received K1 VISA smile.png
26th AUGUST 2010 - Enter US!!! POE ATLANTA
30th OCTOBER 2010 - Our Wedding - such a perfect day smile.png

EAD
8th November 2010 - Biometrics
27th January 2011 - EAD Received in the mail smile.png

AOS
8th November 2010 - Biometrics
3rd March 2011 - AOS Interview

ROC

Applied for removal of conditional permanent resident status
21st February 2013 I751

Received NOA MARCH 1ST 2013

Biometrics Appointment March 25th 2013

RFE July 2013

Sent RFE back September 2013

I-751 Interview in Atlanta1ST MAY 2014

10 year green card received!!!!! :joy: may 20th 2014

Timeline

I have a question about vaccinations, which will probably seem stupid in hindsight, but here goes:

http://photos.state.gov/libraries/unitedkingdom/39181/pdfs/vaccinechart.pdf that is a list of all the vaccinations I need to have before being allowed into America. There is a column for each vaccination which says "age" and underneath it says "yes" or "no" for different age groups. I assume this means "yes, you do need to have this vaccine" or "no, you don't".

In which case, being 25 years old, the only vaccine I would need to get is TdaP, possibly MCV/MPSV since the "yes" and "no" boxes aren't filled in for that one.

Is this right? I've been fretting because my NHS vaccination records only seem to cover the first year and a half of my life, not mentioning any of the vaccines I had when I was at school. If I'm actually OK apart from this TdaP thing (and rustling up proof of some sort that I have previously had chickenpox) then that would be a huge weight off my mind. But, knowing the visa process, I'm almost certain it's nothing like that easy.

I have a question about vaccinations, which will probably seem stupid in hindsight, but here goes:

http://photos.state....accinechart.pdf that is a list of all the vaccinations I need to have before being allowed into America. There is a column for each vaccination which says "age" and underneath it says "yes" or "no" for different age groups. I assume this means "yes, you do need to have this vaccine" or "no, you don't".

In which case, being 25 years old, the only vaccine I would need to get is TdaP, possibly MCV/MPSV since the "yes" and "no" boxes aren't filled in for that one.

Is this right? I've been fretting because my NHS vaccination records only seem to cover the first year and a half of my life, not mentioning any of the vaccines I had when I was at school. If I'm actually OK apart from this TdaP thing (and rustling up proof of some sort that I have previously had chickenpox) then that would be a huge weight off my mind. But, knowing the visa process, I'm almost certain it's nothing like that easy.

You need Tdap and MMR, unless you can prove you have had it. Knightsbridge will take your word on it if you tell them you have had chicken pox -- no need other than oral assurance. Get the Tdap and MMR (if necessary) done on the NHS; they will usually do them for free (or at a rate lower than charged at Knightsbridge).

larissa-lima-says-who-is-against-the-que

Filed: Timeline

Just need to vent..

Our medicals are a few days time. I just got out of hospital last night..not a good time for this to have happened!

All has been plain sailing with my health conditions being totally stable and then a few days ago..chest pain..collapsed.. argh ambulance..sirens the whole sha bang!

But im not going to let this phase me. I guess the good side is, the hospital did chest xrays..ecg..abdominal scan..blood tests the lot, on me the last few days. So maybe i should look at this as a pre med, medical check.

I did get an antibiotic drip, so nice little boost there..was kind of frustrating though that they placed my bed right next to a freaking pneumonia patient *face palm*

Im home now and have a few days to pick myself up before the long trip to London. Im going to have to mention this at my medical. Not as though i can hide the fact somethings happened, since my hand and arms are like a pin cushion from the drip tap and needles.

Will post update next weekend, after we get home from the Medical and Embassy letting you all know how we got on.

I-129F Sent : 2009-10-19

I-129F NOA1 : 2009-10-30

I-129F NOA2 : 2010-01-20

Packet 3 Received : 2010-02-17

Packet 3 Sent : 2010-05-20

Packet 4 Received : 2010-06-23

Booked into Norman Bates Hotel: 2010-07-29

Medical : 2010-07-29 (4 letters issued >.<)

Interview Date : 2010-07-30 (pending medical results)

Email from Embassy: 2010-10-22 They confirm they have medical results, we are under final review.

Courier website : 2010-11-2 shows packet enroute for delivery. 1st indication of final approval! Or is it??! argh the suspense!

Visa Delivered <3 : 2010-11-3 K1 Visa packet delivered by courier! *cup of tea to celebrate*

US Entry (Dulles) : 2011-2-27 Hot Tomales time <3

• 2 weeks later...

Hey all. We have just rolled in the door back home from London. Totally exhausted.

The medical was yesterday and it was intense for me and my son.

First me..

Lady Doctor and eventhough i was armed with alot of medical letters, she is requesting more info. Good thing is, its info about a past spinal op i had and a rare genetic condition she has never heard of. Im needing to have MMR since the Rubella i had in 1975 just aint good enough :P Plus i need a Tetanus since mine was over 10 years ago.

They let me call my Gp who is going to do both and fax the sheet back to the medical people when done. The total charge will be approx £7 for the jabs.

Since they are going to be requesting additional stuff i have opted to just let my Gp sort those jabs.

She didnt look down my pants but took a very good look and examination of my boobs. Then her main focus was my legs, Hammer out, she did a full neurological exam of both.

I can understand why she focused mainly on my legs, since my slipped disc that was removed and my systemic sclerosis, nail patellae syndrome, i have partial numbness and do walk with a slight limp, pains in my knees etc. I dont think its like this for everyone, because I was in the room when she did my son and she didnt check his legs at all.

My son next. He is 16 but was very nervous and requested i was there for his medical. She was fine about that.

For him she was alot more intense with her questions, i felt a tad bombarded. He may need glasses, so we have to get his eyes tested and then fax the letter back to them.

She wants our GP to refer him for a sleep study..blood tests..and a endocronologist. Plus wants more medical info on his past history.

I must say at this point i was about ready to flood into tears. But fought them back.

She did say, not to worry and more than likely everything is going to come back perfectly fine for him.

She pulled the curtain around and checked his bits and i heard her say "cough".. he was a real trooper.

Over 2 hours later..we were given 4 letters with several things she wants to be done before sending our medical notes to the embassy.

When we got outside. We were relieved to say the least! We then walked back to our norman bates hotel :P trying to look on the bright side.

I have no idea how much our case is going to be delayed now. Maybe she will just be satistfied when the sleep study and referral to the endocronolgist are done. Or maybe she will want to suspend our results, till he has been seen by the sleep study people and endocronologist. Knowing the NHS thats going to take time. Months? I just dunno.

Other than those two things, everything else is going to be plain sailing and we should manage to get done over the next few weeks.

Will keep you all posted on what does happen. For now im just trying to think positive and just go with the flow.

Funniest part of the medical was me coming out of the xray room and walking part way into the drs room, thought it was the waiting room where i had left my son! Oops

haha i must have looked like a right clutz.

Email from Embassy: 2010-10-22 They confirm they have medical results, we are under final review.

Courier website : 2010-11-2 shows packet enroute for delivery. 1st indication of final approval! Or is it??! argh the suspense!

Visa Delivered <3 : 2010-11-3 K1 Visa packet delivered by courier! *cup of tea to celebrate*

Hi all, I have what feels like a very teenage question... my fiance's medical is scheduled for next Wednesday. This weekend, we were at a barbecue where tons of people were smoking weed. We didn't, but I didn't even think until this morning: if we were around that much of it, could it show up on his medical exam? I know they do a blood test, I assume they do a drug test. Is it worth rescheduling? I don't want to be unnecessarily paranoid, but his visa medical exam is NOT the day we want to find out if our honest but afterschool-special-sounding excuse will be believed.

K-1:
April 21, 2010: I-129F Sent (from London to VSC)
April 27, 2010: NOA1, check cashed
July 9, 2010: NOA2 (hardcopy)
July 12, 2010: NVC sent petition to embassy in London
October 7, 2010: Packet 3 logged at embassy
November 3, 2010: Interview: APPROVED!
December 7, 2010: POE: JFK
December 10, 2010: Wedding

AOS:
April 27, 2011: Sent I-485, I-864, EAD and AP to Chicago
May 5, 2011: Received text notifications, check cashed
May 9, 2011: NOA hardcopy via mail
May 14, 2011: RFE (for incorrectly filling out I-693)
June 3, 2011: Biometrics
June 17, 2011: RFE response delivered
June 21, 2011: Case under RFE review
June 23, 2011: Transferred to CSC!
June 29, 2011: EAD and AP approved!
July 9, 2011: EAD/AP card arrived via mail
January 4, 2012: RFE
January 28, 2012: RFE response delivered
January 30, 2012: Case under RFE review
February 8, 2012: Green card in production!
February 14, 2012: Green card received in mail

ROC:

December 4, 2013: Sent I-751 to Vermont Service Center

December 9, 2013: NOA1

January 13, 2014: Biometrics

May 15, 2014: Green card in production!

Hi all, I have what feels like a very teenage question... my fiance's medical is scheduled for next Wednesday. This weekend, we were at a barbecue where tons of people were smoking weed. We didn't, but I didn't even think until this morning: if we were around that much of it, could it show up on his medical exam? I know they do a blood test, I assume they do a drug test. Is it worth rescheduling? I don't want to be unnecessarily paranoid, but his visa medical exam is NOT the day we want to find out if our honest but afterschool-special-sounding excuse will be believed.

I dont recall the dr saying we were being drug tested. All she took was a blood sample. All i recall being mentioned was being tested for syphilis.

However on the questionaire there is a drug question. But i think it was asking if i had ever taken drugs, not the people in the world around me.

I dont recall the dr saying we were being drug tested. All she took was a blood sample. All i recall being mentioned was being tested for syphilis.

However on the questionaire there is a drug question. But i think it was asking if i had ever taken drugs, not the people in the world around me.

Thanks for this... we're probably being ridiculously paranoid here, but this whole process has me thinking twice about everything now, just in case!

K-1:
April 21, 2010: I-129F Sent (from London to VSC)
April 27, 2010: NOA1, check cashed
July 9, 2010: NOA2 (hardcopy)
July 12, 2010: NVC sent petition to embassy in London
October 7, 2010: Packet 3 logged at embassy
November 3, 2010: Interview: APPROVED!
December 7, 2010: POE: JFK
December 10, 2010: Wedding

AOS:
April 27, 2011: Sent I-485, I-864, EAD and AP to Chicago
May 5, 2011: Received text notifications, check cashed
May 9, 2011: NOA hardcopy via mail
May 14, 2011: RFE (for incorrectly filling out I-693)
June 3, 2011: Biometrics
June 17, 2011: RFE response delivered
June 21, 2011: Case under RFE review
June 23, 2011: Transferred to CSC!
June 29, 2011: EAD and AP approved!
July 9, 2011: EAD/AP card arrived via mail
January 4, 2012: RFE
January 28, 2012: RFE response delivered
January 30, 2012: Case under RFE review
February 8, 2012: Green card in production!
February 14, 2012: Green card received in mail

ROC:

December 4, 2013: Sent I-751 to Vermont Service Center

December 9, 2013: NOA1

January 13, 2014: Biometrics

May 15, 2014: Green card in production!

• 4 weeks later...
Timeline

Hello All,

I had my medical yesterday and thought I’d share my experience with you.

As I understand it, Knightsbridge Doctors have two premises in London. Mine took place at the Bentinck Mansions location, which is about 10 minutes walk from Marble Arch (where I got off the coach). It’s easy enough to find as long as you have a half-decent map (I've attached one and a photo of the building).

Hit the button on the intercom and they’ll buzz you into the building. You want Flat 4, on the ground floor, which is ahead and to your right as you walk into the foyer.

Go through the door and you’ll come to the reception window. There were three or four people busy in the background as I talked to the receptionist and handed over my vaccination records, passport and UK size passport photo. I hadn’t filled anything in prior to coming, so she gave me two forms: one a fairly simple checklist and the other a more formal, more detailed one, which I assumed was for the embassy. I only had to fill in the first two sections of the latter; the rest would be filled in by the doctor.

She told me to take a seat in the waiting room, which was a spacious sitting room, with leather chairs and sofas, a fireplace and classic paintings on the wall. There were four other people and 2 kids in there. I guessed I might be there some time.

I returned the completed forms, then waited. After 10 minutes, a South African lady came in and called my name. I wouldn’t say she was rude, but let’s just say she wasn’t the cheeriest individual on God’s green earth. She led me to an examination room and had me stick my chest against a machine with a metal plate on it, then took my X-ray. After that little job, it was back to the waiting room for more waiting.

A good half hour at least!

I was starting to think they’d forgotten me, then another South African lady, called Dr. Kronje, took me into another examination room. Thankfully, she was friendlier than her colleague. She sat me down and went through the forms, filling in any blanks, asking me a few questions, such as if I’d been arrested for anything physical and if I’d ever had chicken pox. Didn’t take long.

Then she measured my height, recorded my weight and checked my eyesight with one of those ABC optician’s boards on the wall (if you wear glasses, even just now and again, don’t forget to take them). After that, I had to strip down to my underwear and lie on the bed so she could take my blood pressure, check my neck glands, shine a light in my eyes, have a look in my mouth, squish my tummy for some reason, draw some blood, then, yes, have a quick look to see if I was a man. I didn’t require any vaccinations since I’d had my MMR and tetanus booster jabs at my doctor’s the day before.

And that was it really. I went back to the waiting room and was soon called to reception to pay. They gave me my documents back, along with a printout showing that I’d had all my necessary vaccinations and that was that.

So, it was about an hour in total for me. You 20 minute people were lucky!

Nick

post-85967-058360700 1282926641_thumb.jpg

post-85967-071857400 1282926657_thumb.jpg

Edited by Going Green

OUR TIMELINE:

Met in June 2009 a silly little comment, that changed our lives forever...

I-129F sent: April 19, 2010

APPROVED October 27, 2010

MARRIED NOVEMBER 20, 2010!!!

AOS: Sent March 2nd

Recieved March 3rd

NOA1 March 8th!!! via txt

• 1 month later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Need your help guys...

Fiance was given a note from knightsbridge, saying they needed more information about his depression.

He went to his GP who ignored my fiance's requests to put that he's not an danger to himself or others (which he's NOT)...

His GP (in Wales) sent the letter to Knightsbridge, who then requested MORE INFORMATION.. Im assuming they want to know if he's a danger to himself or others..

Has anyone else run into this problem of GPs not putting that on letters to Knightsbridge??

My fiance's doc seemed to laugh at him when he requested it.. thougth it was absurd....

Im worried that he won't do it..everything else in his medical is fine...

Our interview in london is in two weeks...

Has anyone else had experience with difficult GP's who don't want to do what's being asked of them??

Need your help guys...

Fiance was given a note from knightsbridge, saying they needed more information about his depression.

He went to his GP who ignored my fiance's requests to put that he's not an danger to himself or others (which he's NOT)...

His GP (in Wales) sent the letter to Knightsbridge, who then requested MORE INFORMATION.. Im assuming they want to know if he's a danger to himself or others..

Has anyone else run into this problem of GPs not putting that on letters to Knightsbridge??

My fiance's doc seemed to laugh at him when he requested it.. thougth it was absurd....

Im worried that he won't do it..everything else in his medical is fine...

Our interview in london is in two weeks...

Has anyone else had experience with difficult GP's who don't want to do what's being asked of them??

My Son was issued with 4 letters and i got 1.

We visited our Gp one week before travelling to London. He point blank refused to give us a copy of a letter that already existed in my Sons medical file.

He scoffed that his Daughter had been through the very same Visa process and they asked none of that blah blah. Even a lecture, of how my Sons Medical file is confidential.

Keep in mind, my Son was sitting there asking for said letter.

So balls to the wind style, we travelled to London. As we already suspected would happen...did. Medical Doctor asked. We replied the best we could. She told us she wanted more info from our Gp. She also questioned what the heck has been done for my Son over the years..."Not much Doc!"

This lady was our Angel. I knew that, as i sat talking to her. So i used the opportunity to vent all of my concerns pertaining to my Sons overall health. Not like i was shooting myself in the foot, some of this stuff was blatantly obvious anyways. For years i have been hitting my head off brick walls with the good ole Nhs Doctors.

Finally a Doctor understood and agreed with me. That alot of things should have been done for my Son but never were. Here was our chance to get all of that sorted and as she put it.

Peace of mind for when we moved to America.

So she started rattling off all the things she would like done. Ranged from letters from his Gp to blood tests..specialist appts etc. To which i said "Good Luck with that!"

It was then that she looked up and said "step aside, watch and learn"

She explained to me that when she requests a Gp to do something, he must follow through.

If she gives me the letters and my Gp refuses, then i was to let her know and she will use her clout to sort him out and force him to comply :wow:

Cant say my Son was pleased, he has had to have alot done since coming home.

Full battery of tests and appointments. 13 Different things were ordered for my Son.

The last of which was done on Friday last week. Tears of joy day for us.

The worst that has happened since coming home from London is that our Gp has had the smile knocked off his face :rofl:

We even got a phone call from London Drs a few weeks after getting home. Asking how things were going since the letters hit my Gps palms.

They asked if there was anything they can do to help, any problems whatsoever to let them know. Bloody fantastic! Once this side is all wrapped up, i do plan to send that Visa Medical Doctor a thankyou note.

She has moved more medical mountains since July. Than what my Son has experienced in his life time.

Once we get a copy of that final last Fridays specialist appt letter..We are done hopefully on the medical letters side and then they will finally release our reports to the Embassy.

Your Fiances interview at the Embassy will still go ahead. Irrespective of, if the medical side has been sorted or not. As for the medical side, my advice would be to make sure the medical Drs are made aware of any brick walls you hit. They are there to help.

But it sounds like they are already on the ball for your Fiance?

Try not to worry, His Gp may manage to delay the issue of that letter but he cant postpone the inevitable. I would imagine if the Gp stll refuses, Knightsbridge would just say ok we now request a psychiatric evaluation. So really, the Gp can be pushed aside by them if necessary.

Downside of course, is it will delay the Embassy side of things. Not his actual Embassy interview. Just the issue of the actual Visa.

My question to you is. Is there any other health professional that has seen your Fiance when he went through his bad patch? Im assuming there was a bad patch if they are requesting he isnt a danger to himself. Apologies if im wrong.

Reason im asking is, if the Gp still refuses to word a letter, maybe you could suggest to whoever your Fiance did see at the time, to send a letter to his Gp and then get that letter faxed from his medical file to London.

Keep the interview at London Embassy no matter what. Make sure your Fiance takes his Medical appointment cash receipt. To show the Embassy if they mention his medical report isnt there yet. Thats assuming, this doesnt get ironed out between now and then.

Wish you both all the very best with this. Keep your chin up

I know its stressful, boy oh boy dont i.

Sweet victory for us, was when i got a phone call from our Gp that all info stuff out of our files was ready to be picked up. They charged me £50 Administration fee. But to see my Gps face as i toddled into his office to pick that "omgzors those letters are confidential" packet up was priceless :whistle: Whos laughing now bud is what i thought xD

Sorry its so long! my bad.

• 3 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

My Son was issued with 4 letters and i got 1.

We visited our Gp one week before travelling to London. He point blank refused to give us a copy of a letter that already existed in my Sons medical file.

He scoffed that his Daughter had been through the very same Visa process and they asked none of that blah blah. Even a lecture, of how my Sons Medical file is confidential.

Keep in mind, my Son was sitting there asking for said letter.

So balls to the wind style, we travelled to London. As we already suspected would happen...did. Medical Doctor asked. We replied the best we could. She told us she wanted more info from our Gp. She also questioned what the heck has been done for my Son over the years..."Not much Doc!"

This lady was our Angel. I knew that, as i sat talking to her. So i used the opportunity to vent all of my concerns pertaining to my Sons overall health. Not like i was shooting myself in the foot, some of this stuff was blatantly obvious anyways. For years i have been hitting my head off brick walls with the good ole Nhs Doctors.

Finally a Doctor understood and agreed with me. That alot of things should have been done for my Son but never were. Here was our chance to get all of that sorted and as she put it.

Peace of mind for when we moved to America.

So she started rattling off all the things she would like done. Ranged from letters from his Gp to blood tests..specialist appts etc. To which i said "Good Luck with that!"

It was then that she looked up and said "step aside, watch and learn"

She explained to me that when she requests a Gp to do something, he must follow through.

If she gives me the letters and my Gp refuses, then i was to let her know and she will use her clout to sort him out and force him to comply :wow:

Cant say my Son was pleased, he has had to have alot done since coming home.

Full battery of tests and appointments. 13 Different things were ordered for my Son.

The last of which was done on Friday last week. Tears of joy day for us.

The worst that has happened since coming home from London is that our Gp has had the smile knocked off his face :rofl:

We even got a phone call from London Drs a few weeks after getting home. Asking how things were going since the letters hit my Gps palms.

They asked if there was anything they can do to help, any problems whatsoever to let them know. Bloody fantastic! Once this side is all wrapped up, i do plan to send that Visa Medical Doctor a thankyou note.

She has moved more medical mountains since July. Than what my Son has experienced in his life time.

Once we get a copy of that final last Fridays specialist appt letter..We are done hopefully on the medical letters side and then they will finally release our reports to the Embassy.

Your Fiances interview at the Embassy will still go ahead. Irrespective of, if the medical side has been sorted or not. As for the medical side, my advice would be to make sure the medical Drs are made aware of any brick walls you hit. They are there to help.

But it sounds like they are already on the ball for your Fiance?

Try not to worry, His Gp may manage to delay the issue of that letter but he cant postpone the inevitable. I would imagine if the Gp stll refuses, Knightsbridge would just say ok we now request a psychiatric evaluation. So really, the Gp can be pushed aside by them if necessary.

Downside of course, is it will delay the Embassy side of things. Not his actual Embassy interview. Just the issue of the actual Visa.

My question to you is. Is there any other health professional that has seen your Fiance when he went through his bad patch? Im assuming there was a bad patch if they are requesting he isnt a danger to himself. Apologies if im wrong.

Reason im asking is, if the Gp still refuses to word a letter, maybe you could suggest to whoever your Fiance did see at the time, to send a letter to his Gp and then get that letter faxed from his medical file to London.

Keep the interview at London Embassy no matter what. Make sure your Fiance takes his Medical appointment cash receipt. To show the Embassy if they mention his medical report isnt there yet. Thats assuming, this doesnt get ironed out between now and then.

Wish you both all the very best with this. Keep your chin up

I know its stressful, boy oh boy dont i.

Sweet victory for us, was when i got a phone call from our Gp that all info stuff out of our files was ready to be picked up. They charged me £50 Administration fee. But to see my Gps face as i toddled into his office to pick that "omgzors those letters are confidential" packet up was priceless :whistle: Whos laughing now bud is what i thought xD

Sorry its so long! my bad.

Twinkles...

Didnt have a chance to thank you for your email... it was very helpful!!! Suffice to say... we got it all straightened out before the interview... and have now been APPROVED!!!!!

Thanks again !!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.