14 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Hi all!

Sorry I haven't been posting lately; the word is "insanelyoverworked." Anyway, I just wanted to post a quick note about Hisham's AOS progress -- we had been waiting for action on either the AOS or EAD for ages (see signature below for details) when the AOS interview letter finally came last week on Valentine's Day. It was a pleasant surprise, but we're still wondering what took so long. His AP had been approved and mailed way back, and he did his AOS fingerprint appointment last November, but there's been no action at all on the EAD since we sent the application last August (except for a NOA1 and our check being cashed). We called USCIS at the beginning of this month to ask for info and try to light a fire under their butts, but I'm not sure if that phone call had anything to do with the AOS interview letter arriving last week. We asked the USCIS rep we spoke with to run a check on the progress of both the AOS and the EAD since they're so overdue, but we've yet to get any news. (The rep said we should get something in the mail within 2 weeks to a month. Wonder if that was misinformation? We'll see, I suppose...)

It'd be kind of a bummer, having wasted the EAD application fee if AOS gets approved first, but oh well. Any action is good action, I guess. We're not complaining, now that we have an AOS interview to look forward to in April. I'll post an update if anything else happens before then.

Hoping everybody's well!

:star:

Elizabeth

Me (Indiana) & Him (Fes, Morocco)

Summer 2002: Met in Morocco
Summer 2004: Began work on 129f; joined VJ rather than hiring a lawyer

I-129f Submission & Approval
Oct 19, 2004: I-129f to VSC
Oct 29: NOA2 online -- approved in 6 days, 10/23 to 10/29!

From NVC to Consulate & All the Way Home...
Nov 8, 2004: Case to Casablanca
Feb 23: Interview; CO said they'll call in 2-3 weeks
Mar 2: Casa calls; visa in hand the next day!
Mar 24: Arrival at JFK; over four hours waiting, but got an EAD
April 15, 2005: Married

AOS
Aug 10, 2005: AOS/EAD/AP to Chicago
Nov 12: AOS prints taken

2006, 2007, 2008, 2009:
EAD renewals often delayed. (?)
Info-Pass officials will say only that "other authorities" are handling our case; we eventually got our Senator's office involved
Spring 2009: A letter arrives, saying his 2005 fingerprints have expired and need to be updated. We head down to Indy and get his prints redone.
June 2009: We FINALLY get the AOS interview letter just shy of FOUR YEARS since submission of AOS application...

July 2009: after the interview, his 10-year Green Card arrives. Alle-freaking-luia.

N-400

Application in progress, 2015. We divorced in 2012 but are still good friends. E is helping organize H's application for Naturalization... fingers crossed!

How hard to pin down the truth, especially when one is obliged to see the world in slices; snapshots conceal as much as they make plain. (Rushdie, Shame)

Sorry to hear the EAD hasn't been coming along and you may have wasted a fee. Still, I suppose it's better to know that you have the interview now and won't have to worry about the EAD, rather than not knowing when he can work at all!

Congrats on the interview letter!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

I am sure his EAD was approved a long time ago but never sent out as he never did the biometrics for it. You could have done an infopass appointment to see if they would have given you a pass to go for the fingerprints. You still could do that. It all depends on how stir crazy Hisham is getting. Have you found creative things for him to do in his time? I know my Hicham just about went crazy sitting at home until he got the card.

Twila

PS Congrats on the interview date. When is it in April so we can add you to the ME/NA reunification cheerleading thread?

OUR VISA JOURNEY

02/24/05 - Mailed K-1 to TSC

03/18/05 - K-1 Approval from CSC

06/16/05 - K-1 Interview in Casablanca, Morocco

06/29/05 - K-1 Visa issued

07/07/05 - SO arrives in US

07/22/05 - Married in religious ceremony and reception with family & friends

07/25/05 - Married in civil ceremony

09/14/05 - Mailed AOS/EAD

12/28/05 - AOS/EAD biometrics in West Palm Beach

01/03/06 - EAD card arrives

03/08/06 - AOS interview and AOS approval in West Palm Beach

03/13/06 - Welcome to America letter arrives

03/18/06 - Green card arrives in mail

12/10/07 - I-751 mailed to TSC

12/26/07 - NOA receipt date (from transfer to VSC)

02/14/08 - Biometrics appointment

10/17/08 - Approval date

10/24/08 - Approval letter received

10/25/08 - 10 year green card arrived

10/06/09 - N-400 mailed to Texas Lockbox

10/08/09 - NOA priority date

11/06/09 - Biometrics

01/04/10 - Interview

01/13/10 - Oath Ceremony

Bx82m5.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Congrats Elizabeth on getting your AOS interview date and hope you get the EAD taken care of soon.

Mary

Everything I respond to is from personal knowledge, research or experience and I am in no means a lawyer or do I claim to be one. Everyone should read, research and be responsible for your own journey.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
I am sure his EAD was approved a long time ago but never sent out as he never did the biometrics for it. You could have done an infopass appointment to see if they would have given you a pass to go for the fingerprints. You still could do that. It all depends on how stir crazy Hisham is getting. Have you found creative things for him to do in his time? I know my Hicham just about went crazy sitting at home until he got the card.

Twila

PS Congrats on the interview date. When is it in April so we can add you to the ME/NA reunification cheerleading thread?

I'm wondering the same -- did he have his EAD biometrics taken? My EAD application was so-called "approved" by MSC in early Nov, but I did not get the card until mid-Dec, after having biometrics taken. 5 months is a long time to wait. I suggest you schedule an INFOPASS appt asap to get an interim EAD or EAD biometrics.

09-02-2005 Applications for AOS, EAD, and AP received by MSC

10-21-2005 AOS fingerprint notice for 12-08-2005

11-07-2005 AP approved

12-05-2005 Infopass appt at San Jose office for interim EAD -- Refused, because it is already approved by MSC on 11-07-2005

12-07-2005 Attempt at interim EAD at San Francisco office -- no go. Back to San Jose, where CSO (chief station officer) tells they will contact MSC via email to request permission to issue interim EAD

12-08-2005 Biometrics for AOS and EAD. Having no EAD appt letter was no problem (used EAD NOA)

12-15-2005 EAD arrived in the mail

12-24-2005 Received interview letter; interview scheduled 03-01-2006

01-28-2006 Received replacement SSN card in married name (5 wks since application)

03-01-2006 AOS interview -- approved; received stamp in the passport

03-13-2006 Green card arrived in the mail

---

Filing for removal of conditions

Timeline

Twila

I'm wondering the same -- did he have his EAD biometrics taken? My EAD application was so-called "approved" by MSC in early Nov, but I did not get the card until mid-Dec, after having biometrics taken. 5 months is a long time to wait. I suggest you schedule an INFOPASS appt asap to get an interim EAD or EAD biometrics.

When we went to have his AOS prints taken in November, we asked if he could have the EAD prints done at the same time (as others here have done) but we were told that with no appointment letter we couldn't do EAD prints, just AOS, and to just wait for news on the EAD. So H had his AOS prints done in November and we kept waiting for the EAD biometrics appointment letter, but none ever came, and we've had no letters or online touches for the EAD since last August. Who knows what's been going on. It's so frustrating. The guy we spoke to at the AOS prints appointment last year basically said, "well, once you get the AOS done you won't need an EAD, so don't worry about the EAD prints." (Which made me want to say thanks, we didn't REALLY need that money we paid for the fees or anything.... Grrr.) So it's like we're supposed to forget about applying for the EAD and just be thankful when his permanent resident card finally comes. At this point, we're looking into vaccination supplement doctor's appointments and fees. It's annoying, but at least we're together. That part alone makes it bearable. That said, I shouldn't complain.

E

AOS

2006, 2007, 2008, 2009:
Info-Pass officials will say only that "other authorities" are handling our case; we eventually got our Senator's office involved
Spring 2009: A letter arrives, saying his 2005 fingerprints have expired and need to be updated. We head down to Indy and get his prints redone.
June 2009: We FINALLY get the AOS interview letter just shy of FOUR YEARS since submission of AOS application...

July 2009: after the interview, his 10-year Green Card arrives. Alle-freaking-luia.

N-400

Application in progress, 2015. We divorced in 2012 but are still good friends. E is helping organize H's application for Naturalization... fingers crossed!

How hard to pin down the truth, especially when one is obliged to see the world in slices; snapshots conceal as much as they make plain. (Rushdie, Shame)

Timeline

That's exactly why USCIS has a provision to allow you to apply for EAD in person at your locat USCIS office after 90 days pass since receipt of your application by USCIS.

That date long passed, I suggest you schedule an INFOPASS appt asap to get an interim EAD or EAD biometrics. Your local office is not the same as the ASC (application support center); ASC cannot help you with EAD, while your local office can.

I suggest that you do it anyway before the interview -- who knows, there may be a delay in your approval (like backgrownd check), so at least you will have an EAD.

11-07-2005 AP approved

12-05-2005 Infopass appt at San Jose office for interim EAD -- Refused, because it is already approved by MSC on 11-07-2005

12-07-2005 Attempt at interim EAD at San Francisco office -- no go. Back to San Jose, where CSO (chief station officer) tells they will contact MSC via email to request permission to issue interim EAD

12-08-2005 Biometrics for AOS and EAD. Having no EAD appt letter was no problem (used EAD NOA)

01-28-2006 Received replacement SSN card in married name (5 wks since application)

---

Congratulations on the letter. You might try an infopass for the EAD but will probably have the GC soon anyway. Good luck

usa_fl_sm_nwm.gifphilippines_fl_md_clr.gif

United States & Republic of the Philippines

"Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid." John Wayne

Timeline
Congratulations on the letter. You might try an infopass for the EAD but will probably have the GC soon anyway. Good luck

I would not wait (unless an INFOPASS appointment involves 10-hr drive each way). If you're entitled to something, I'd get it NOW, rather than wait for the interview outcome. In any case, the interview is probably a few weeks away anyway, so your husband can get a head start on the job search.

11-07-2005 AP approved

---

Timeline

Thanks for the advice, kc456. I'll figure out which office is considered our "local" office for EAD applications and look into it. I agree that it's a good idea to pursue the EAD even though the AOS interview is on the horizon... who knows, better safe than sorry.

E

AOS

2006, 2007, 2008, 2009:

N-400

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline
Thanks for the advice, kc456. I'll figure out which office is considered our "local" office for EAD applications and look into it. I agree that it's a good idea to pursue the EAD even though the AOS interview is on the horizon... who knows, better safe than sorry.

E

You local office for AOS is the same as for the EAD...

Knowledge itself is power - Sir Francis Bacon

I have gone fishing... you can find me by going here http://**removed due to TOS**

Timeline

You can locate your office here:

http://uscis.gov/graphics/fieldoffices/index.htm

Click on USCIS District and Sub-offices icon

11-07-2005 AP approved

---

Filed: Other Country: Morocco
Timeline

Adnan only got his EAD about a month before our interview, it was a big hassle and in the end just a waste of money. but BIG congrats to you 2 on the interview date!! wooo hooo!!

Photo1949-1.jpg

5GTLm7.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.