sstrickland

Do you think we have enough evidence?

17 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Peru
Timeline

I know that its impossible to know, but I would like to list mine and my wifes evidence for i130 and get some feedback on whether this will likely or unlikely suffice.

-My wife is the sole beneficiary of my employer provided life insurance, documentation should be easy to get

-My wife and I are filing our 2010 taxes jointly, married. Documentation shouldnt be too hard to get

-I have documentation from MoneyGram of our extensive 2 year history of sending money back and forth to each other

-I have 2 types of call records- a long history of her calling me on my phone bill, and a long history of me calling her on an almost daily basis with Rebtel, an international calling service (i have receipts of purchased credit and an extensive log of printable call history online)

-many photos of us when we met in the US in 07, my visit in 2008, our marriage in June 2010, our honeymoon, and soon to be many fotos of my visit in a few weeks. All with friends and family etc

-photocopies of both our passports indicating 2 visits each in the past 3 years

-a notarized statement from my mother declaring when and how she became aware of our relationship as well as her sentiment toward the relationship and eventual marriage

I would like to THINK this should be enough. I dont know what else I could do if they decide it isnt. Thoughts anyone? Thank you

It seems as though you have sufficient evidence. As you stated though, nobody ever knows for sure. What you have posted is certainly what they ask for though! :) Good Luck!!

Invictus..

Out of the night that covers me,

Black as the Pit from pole to pole,

I thank whatever gods may be

For my unconquerable soul.

In the fell clutch of circumstance

I have not winced nor cried aloud.

Under the bludgeonings of chance

My head is bloody, but unbowed.

Beyond this place of wrath and tears

Looms but the Horror of the shade,

And yet the menace of the years

Finds, and shall find, me unafraid.

It matters not how strait the gate,

How charged with punishments the scroll.

I am the master of my fate:

I am the captain of my soul.

William Ernest Henley

That list looks pretty good. The only thing I had that you don't mention is boarding passes

April 24, 2010: Married in Butuan City
May 23, 2010: Submitted I-130
May 28, 2010: NOA-1 Received
October 19, 2010: NOA-2 Received
October 26, 2010: Case Number Assigned
October 28, 2010: IIN Received
November 3, 2010: AOS paid
November 5, 2010: AOS status "PAID". Sent AOS packet
November 6, 2010: DS-3032 email received. Emailed DS-3032
November 8, 2010: IV paid, DS-3032 accepted
November 10, 2010: IV status "PAID". Sent IV packet
November 15, 2010: IV received at NVC
November 22, 2010: False Checklist for missing DS-230
November 29, 2010: AOS + IV entered into system
December 4, 2010: SIF, Case Completed
December 6, 2010: Interview Scheduled
December 27-28, 2010: Passed Physical
January 6, 2011: Interview @ 0830 Approved
January 14, 2011: Visa received
January 31, 2011: CFO seminar completed
February 11, 2011: POE- LAX

Removal of Conditions
January 8, 2013: Mailed I-751
January 10,2013: NOA1
February 6, 2013: Biometrics Appoint.

June 4, 2013: Received I-797 NOA removal of conditions

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

I know that its impossible to know, but I would like to list mine and my wifes evidence for i130 and get some feedback on whether this will likely or unlikely suffice.

-My wife is the sole beneficiary of my employer provided life insurance, documentation should be easy to get

-My wife and I are filing our 2010 taxes jointly, married. Documentation shouldnt be too hard to get

-I have documentation from MoneyGram of our extensive 2 year history of sending money back and forth to each other

-I have 2 types of call records- a long history of her calling me on my phone bill, and a long history of me calling her on an almost daily basis with Rebtel, an international calling service (i have receipts of purchased credit and an extensive log of printable call history online)

-many photos of us when we met in the US in 07, my visit in 2008, our marriage in June 2010, our honeymoon, and soon to be many fotos of my visit in a few weeks. All with friends and family etc

-photocopies of both our passports indicating 2 visits each in the past 3 years

-a notarized statement from my mother declaring when and how she became aware of our relationship as well as her sentiment toward the relationship and eventual marriage

I would like to THINK this should be enough. I dont know what else I could do if they decide it isnt. Thoughts anyone? Thank you

None of the above is required but you can send it if you want. What is critical that I don't see is a "marriage certificate".

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Timeline

Oops, sorry I figured that would be a given. Yeah I do have our marriage certificate. Its just a piece of paper with the relevant info and a stamp. It looks like something I could have forged with relative ease, though it was in fact issued to us by the proper authority in Peru after we married.

Timeline

Oops, sorry I figured that would be a given. Yeah I do have our marriage certificate. Its just a piece of paper with the relevant info and a stamp. It looks like something I could have forged with relative ease, though it was in fact issued to us by the proper authority in Peru after we married.

It's important to separate two issues. Anything you provide as "evidence" relative to your marriage in addition to your marriage certificate is first NOT required and second, is intended NOT as evidence you are legally married but rather that your RELATIONSHIP is genuine. Genuine, in that it was entered into for something far more than to obtain an immigration benefit. While it is often a good idea to provide some relationship evidence with the petition, it is not required. Whether you provide such evidence now or not, you'll need fresh evidence that the relationship is currently ongoing at the time of the interview.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Timeline

That actually makes a lot of sense Pushbrk, very well put. There is no doubt in my mind that we will have new articles of proof of our ongoing relationship between the time I submit the i130 and the interview(s). We call, text and email every day of the week (and as Im sure many of you well know, its not cheap!).

your list looks good :) good luck with your journey :thumbs:

Married<3 August 20, 2010

Check out our wedding video :)

USCIS:

10-13-2010 I-130 sent

10-20-2010 NOA1 priority date (email & text)

10-25-2010 received NOA1 hardcopy

10-27-2010 service request submitted for expedite (hardship)

10-28-2010 received email to turn in supporting docs for expedite

11-02-2010 Faxed supporting docs for expedite

12-02-2010 CASE APPROVED!

12-07-2010 Received NOA2 hard copy

NOA1 to NOA2 - 43 DAYS

NVC:

12-09-2010 NVC receives case

12-10-2010 attained NVC case# & IIN. PAID AOS FEES. emailed request for expedite & choice of agent

12-13-2010 AOS PAID

12-16-2010 received email granting the expedite request

12-17-2010 NVC sent case to US Embassy in Manila. SIGN IN FAILED! CASE COMPLETE!

NVC - 8 DAYS

CONSULATE:

12-17-2010 Consulate receives case (electronically)

01-03-04-2011 Medical @ St. Luke PASSED

01-11-2011 Original interview that was rescheduled to:

01-27-2011 INTERVIEW- VISA APPROVED!

02-02-2011 Received Visa in the mail!

02-04-2011 CFO Seminar

02-09-2011 I arrived in the Philippines

02-16-2011 POE @SFO -<3

late february- received Green Card

03-15-2011 Received SSN

ROC eligible in November 2012

Timeline

The more info you give the better the chance of helping yourself

and it looks better for your case,everything is helpful !

Good Luck. :)

You can definitely include things that HURT your case, specifically, so use some common sense. Including too much, can obscure the important evidence, so don't listen to idle recommendations like the above. They are misinformed and misleading.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

Timeline

Thank you everyone, its comforting to hear what I already suspected. And I know what youre saying pushbrk. I will refrain from submitting the receipt I received back in 2007 from when we ate at dangelos ;). I can see it now:

Mr Strickland,

Please provide a notarized statement from the dangelos employee who served you that confirms that your wife did in fact order the BLT club.

"She ordered the number 9, *I* ordered the BLT club!"

"What!? PETITION DENIED!!!"

Timeline

Thank you everyone, its comforting to hear what I already suspected. And I know what youre saying pushbrk. I will refrain from submitting the receipt I received back in 2007 from when we ate at dangelos ;). I can see it now:

Mr Strickland,

Please provide a notarized statement from the dangelos employee who served you that confirms that your wife did in fact order the BLT club.

"She ordered the number 9, *I* ordered the BLT club!"

"What!? PETITION DENIED!!!"

Seriously, I think it would be difficult to submit too much actual evidence of meeting but when only one piece of actual primary evidence of meeting is sufficient, more than two or three is overkill.

What I'm really referring to is the recommendation that more is always better. Usually these statements refer to evidence of relationship. Some folks would need to send a 50 pound box to include EVERY possible piece of communication evidence they have. The kind of things that can HURT, though are more simple, like receipts for sending money between the partners, or ANYTHING the beneficiary doesn't fully understand and can be prepared to answer questions about. A few examples of how and how frequently you communicate, spread over the length of the relationship will do nicely. If such evidence amounts to more than 20 pages or so, it's overkill, IMO. OVERKILL can be suspicious to Consular officers.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Seriously, I think it would be difficult to submit too much actual evidence of meeting but when only one piece of actual primary evidence of meeting is sufficient, more than two or three is overkill.

What I'm really referring to is the recommendation that more is always better. Usually these statements refer to evidence of relationship. Some folks would need to send a 50 pound box to include EVERY possible piece of communication evidence they have. The kind of things that can HURT, though are more simple, like receipts for sending money between the partners, or ANYTHING the beneficiary doesn't fully understand and can be prepared to answer questions about. A few examples of how and how frequently you communicate, spread over the length of the relationship will do nicely. If such evidence amounts to more than 20 pages or so, it's overkill, IMO. OVERKILL can be suspicious to Consular officers.

In continuing this discussion....like a jpeg snapshot of emails going back and forth and logging the chats etc? maybe with a few content emails as well as snapshots of phone bills incoming and outgoing with maybe one full phone bill? Is that what you are referring to?

10/02/2010 Nikah/Marriage in Karachi
USCIS JOURNEY
11/10/2010 -Sent
03/24/2011 i 130 approved!!!
NVC JOURNEY
03/30/2011 NVC received case-04/07/2011 NVC Case Number Assigned
05/03/2011 CASE COMPLETE- In Que for INTERVIEW!!-05/17/2011 Received interview letter and info via email
EMBASSY JOURNEY
05/20/2011 Medical Appt/passed
06/15/2011 Interview result AP
06/21/2011 Submitted requested docs..under review
07/25/2011 CO called did phone interview result: PENDING MANDATORY AP/CO told us they have to do namechecks

03/07/2013 Case returned to USCIS waiting for NOIR/reaffirmation

04/18/2013 USCIS received case for review

08/19/2013 Received NOIR to respond by 9/18/2013

9/9/2013 Responded to NOIR/USCIS received documents awaiting response

9/20/2013 USCIS reaffirmed sent to embassy

1/04/14 Case opened for review

8/31/15 Interview- no questions visa approved on the spot

9/8/15 visa status issued

9/10/15 visa received

9/19/15 POE Charlotte

p9WGm4.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.