Peikko

When is it right to avail oneself of the 2nd amendment?

637 posts in this topic

- can you feed your own family with your firearm?

- can you legally defend your home and family with your firearm?

- can you answer a call to defend your country against foreign invaders if necessary?

- can you go target shooting if you desire?

- how many rounds is a uk cit allowed to possess without a special permit?s

That's your answer to the freedoms I don't have that are not connected to owning guns?

Btw, the first four are all perfectly possible in the UK. As to the last, no idea.

What does the 2A mean? Is that what you're asking?

- I think it's pretty straight forward. It means private ownership of guns is guaranteed. What I think a lot of Americans fail to realize is it actually means you SHOULD own guns.

What freedoms do I have as an American that you don't have as a UK citizen that are not related to gun ownership?

- Not related to gun ownership, I don't know. I honestly don't know your laws that well to sit here and tell you what rights I have that you don't other than what's related to guns. Perhaps you can enlighten me.

When you say UK citizens can own "guns" don't you mean "sporting pieces?"

No it doesn't.

I can't feed my family with my firearm unless I plan to put my family on a diet of mexican people a la mode.

I prefer going to the local supermarket, but I know there are still some with the true pioneering spirit! Mind you, road kill is very tasty :thumbs:

Refusing to use the spellchick!

I have put you on ignore. No really, I have, but you are still ruining my enjoyment of this site. .

I can't feed my family with my firearm unless I plan to put my family on a diet of mexican people a la mode.

I hear Dulce con Leche ice cream is the best for serving such a dish à la mode.

larissa-lima-says-who-is-against-the-que

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

That's your answer to the freedoms I don't have that are not connected to owning guns?

Btw, the first four are all perfectly possible in the UK. As to the last, no idea.

what wildlife is there to eat in britain besides foxes? :P

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Deer and game birds for a start.

ah right, don't even need a gun for that, just drive along the motorway.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

No it doesn't.

If a well regulated militia is NECESSARY to the security of a free state, then how is owning a gun NOT something you should be doing? Sounds to me like it's saying if you don't own a gun you're not doing what's necessary.

I've always kind of thought of folks that don't do what's necessary as flunkies. Now, I'll make provisions for those that're under the age of 16 (although they should know how to use a gun as soon as they can safely do so) over the age of 60 (although they should still be on the alarm list) or female. In today's day and age, females should know too since they're "equal" now although in strict constitutional terms I don't hold them accountable to the militia.

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

If a well regulated militia is NECESSARY to the security of a free state, then how is owning a gun NOT something you should be doing? Sounds to me like it's saying if you don't own a gun you're not doing what's necessary.

I've always kind of thought of folks that don't do what's necessary as flunkies. Now, I'll make provisions for those that're under the age of 16 (although they should know how to use a gun as soon as they can safely do so) over the age of 60 (although they should still be on the alarm list) or female. In today's day and age, females should know too since they're "equal" now although in strict constitutional terms I don't hold them accountable to the militia.

It's not necessary, that's the point, and you still haven't made one reasonable argument as to why it would be.

Refusing to use the spellchick!

I have put you on ignore. No really, I have, but you are still ruining my enjoyment of this site. .

It's not necessary, that's the point, and you still haven't made one reasonable argument as to why it would be.

It says it right there in the 2nd Amendment. Why would I argue that it's necessary?

I don't find the need to argue for religious freedom. I don't find the need to argue for due process. Should I argue the necessity of those as well?

Or are those OK since you think they're necessary?

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

You're joking right?

You think just because this is a "western" nation, that we are free from tyranny at the end of the day? You are foolish and wrong if you think that is.

Go ahead, disarm the populace, take away all guns, ammo, explosives, anything that can be construed as a weapon, etc... and watch how very closely every last bit of liberty gets ripped away. ESPECIALLY in a nation of this magnitude.

The makings of a Police State have been seen already during certain natural disasters. Including the illegal use of the military during Katrina in disarming people in their homes. Of course, I'm sure you'll ignore that and agree with it. Of course, many others disagree with you and those people got their weapons back very quickly.

nfrsig.jpg

The Great Canadian to Texas Transfer Timeline:

2/22/2010 - I-129F Packet Mailed

2/24/2010 - Packet Delivered to VSC

2/26/2010 - VSC Cashed Filing Fee

3/04/2010 - NOA1 Received!

8/14/2010 - Touched!

10/04/2010 - NOA2 Received!

10/25/2010 - Packet 3 Received!

02/07/2011 - Medical!

03/15/2011 - Interview in Montreal! - Approved!!!

Filed: Timeline

You're joking right?

You think just because this is a "western" nation, that we are free from tyranny at the end of the day? You are foolish and wrong if you think that is.

Go ahead, disarm the populace, take away all guns, ammo, explosives, anything that can be construed as a weapon, etc... and watch how very closely every last bit of liberty gets ripped away. ESPECIALLY in a nation of this magnitude.

The makings of a Police State have been seen already during certain natural disasters. Including the illegal use of the military during Katrina in disarming people in their homes. Of course, I'm sure you'll ignore that and agree with it. Of course, many others disagree with you and those people got their weapons back very quickly.

Don't worry Obammy Mammy will take care of everything.

barack_obama_in_drag.jpg