Peikko

When is it right to avail oneself of the 2nd amendment?

637 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Brazil
Timeline

I much prefer Eric's style.

eric does have his unique way ...

though mr atr was a bit of a tease ... it was obvious he would show ... just a question of when ....

just think of all the $1 bills he could have tried to collect if he hadn't given it away for free....

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

was this "drop trou" moment to show the equipment really necessary? laughing.gif

:rofl:

Real gun owners never post their equipment lists. Bad form.

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Filed: Timeline

eric does have his unique way ...

though mr atr was a bit of a tease ... it was obvious he would show ... just a question of when ....

just think of all the $1 bills he could have tried to collect if he hadn't given it away for free....

for the big bux he should have taken gary to vip... of course gary may not have been satisfied by just seeing this and might have expected more.

:rofl:

Real gun owners never post their equipment lists. Bad form.

Just curious, why is it bad form?

Timeline

You can even take your weapons on board Amtrak now. And to any of the national parks. Dayum!

And any commercial air carrier and in any airport and in any state for travel purposes, thanks to the "Firearms Owners Protection Act of 1986"

Gary And Alla

Timeline

for the big bux he should have taken gary to vip... of course gary may not have been satisfied by just seeing this and might have expected more.

Just curious, why is it bad form?

What is VIP?

It is bad form because of a number of reasons. Mostly that it is basically like posting your home address or phone number...OH NO! As soon as I said that, that will be next! :lol:

Another reason is that his inventory is not too impressive. :P Kinda like posting a photo of your 3" c*ck

Gary And Alla

It is bad form because of a number of reasons. Mostly that it is basically like posting your home address or phone number...OH NO!

How so? I don't understand. These items are (I assume) commercially mass manufactured and not "one of a kind" collector items? If so, how is Alan saying he owns a "A CZ 5.65mm Target Rifle" different from me saying I own a "Bionaire BUL8000 Warm and Cool mist humidifier"?

Timeline

It is bad form because of a number of reasons. Mostly that it is basically like posting your home address or phone number...OH NO! As soon as I said that, that will be next! :lol:

Another reason is that his inventory is not too impressive. :P Kinda like posting a photo of your 3" c*ck

bragging about the amount of assets without pics proves ??.... :unsure:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Americans are more supportive of steep reductions in government spending,

welfare payments, and other social programs than Europeans. Americans

are also more tolerant of economic inequality.

I am sure you are right about this for now. The real question is whether the tea party handlers will be able to keep the masses in the dark as the middle class gradually disappears. My guess is that many of the populist leaning right wingers now will find common ground in the future with liberal populists as the right wingers discover they've been had! The top 2% will not be able forever to keep the lower classes on board as they realize that regardless of the rhetoric, the republican party represents only the interests of the moneyed few. I think there is a good chance that the future will see a restoration of a much more progressive income tax and an expansion of programs such as national health insurance, etc. Perhaps the left will also come to cherish 2nd amendment remedies!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline

I was right. I DO have more guns in my desk.

The rest is name calling. I win. :dance:

Lets just recap Alan

In 1986 there were 5 states that allowed concealed carry of handguns to any law abiding citizen that wanted to do so. Your state was one of them. So was mine. There are now 42 states that allow that.

We had the GCA of 1968. It has been dismantled. The Brady Bill was eliminated by instant background checks. The (so called)AWB expired on schedule. The Supreme Court has ruled the 2A is an individual right. The Supreme Court has ruled that the 2A applies to states and localities. States have been forbidden to confiscate firearms in an emergency. HUD's ban on firearms ownership was ruled unconstitutional. Liability lawsuits against firearms manufacturers have been legislated out of existance. This year we will have a ruling on whether arbitrary restrictions can be placed on the right by challenging the age restriction to purchase handguns. When that is ruled unconstitutional, you can expect state AWB's and magazine restrictions to go next.

I am perfectly happy with the progress so far. You?

So where do you see the 2A being eroded away?

This gun stuff is temporary and is in contrast to social progress in the US generally. It has always been choppy and even the repeal of slavery wasn't easy and took the deaths of 600,000 Americans to settle it

More Americans have been killed by other Americans in political battles than by any other nationality

The gun question is similarly contentious and reform will be drawn out and difficult

But the direction of civilization is one way. Accepting shootings and deaths and assassinations as 'just part of life here' is not civilization and it will change.

Obama can't even clip 7 rounds off my extended mag right now and probably wont do it in his next 4 years either - but progress, and gun controls are progress, and is unstoppable in the long term.

Slavery wasn't seen as a problem and had much support - it passed into history. History has many lessons.

I am having a great time with my guns and a threat to that is a criminal with a gun.

Rather than gunfight him, I want to disarm him first. (It's only me that thinks that is sensible)

Imagine some tattooed drunk in a trailer and him and his white trash hooker beat each other up every night. They do drugs. He has no convictions and he is not certified mentally ill. Everyone on the trailer park is scared of him as he is always threatening and is sometimes he goes out at midnight naked and screams at the moon

In England - no gun for him

In the USA - can't stop him getting an AR-15 and 50 x 30 round mags full of hollow points

Your kid is playing ball in the park and kicks it and it hits this guy in the head while he is walking along drunk and high and armed. Stick your fancy constitution and pre-emption ra-ra - at that stage you don't want this guy to have a GUN...

Now, be responsible and lay your dogma and political stuff down and help a nine year old American to survive this encounter

Don't say make the nine year old carry a bloody gun while he is playing soccer !

Edited by Alan the Red

moresheep400100.jpg

Timeline

so you're saying alan needs to post pictures of himself posing with these weapons holding up a copy of the times showing todays date? :lol:

omg ... why did you have to say that? the thought of alan "dropped trou" with his arsenal around him ... :dead:

... an expansion of programs such as national health insurance, etc.

The seeds for that are already sown into PPACA. The provision to allow states to form interstate compacts for the creation of exchanges that cover multiple states will one day allow for insurance exchanges that cover vast swaths of this country (and maybe even national, although I doubt Texas will ever learn to play well with others).

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline

omg ... why did you have to say that? the thought of alan "dropped trou" with his arsenal around him ... :dead:

ok here is the pic

now do you believe me ?

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_Uloa5esI2K8/SYpTonomrFI/AAAAAAAAAF8/h6KwXJIanvI/s1600/sarah_palin_gun_1.jpg

moresheep400100.jpg