FawkThisSite

Preparing for the next phase...

7 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Moldova
Timeline

Hello everybody!

We are still in the waiting process and began preparing all our necessary documentation today.

Can someeone please inform me on which documents we can prepare now?

So far we have filled out:

2 DS-156K

1 DS-157

1 DS-158

1 DS-230

Is there anything that I am missing or that I can prepare in advance?

As always, all your help is appreciated. Thank you very much!

P.S. For the Date of Signature, may we just go ahead and date it for today?

DELETE THIS ACCOUNT!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Anything you date now will have to be redone. All thos need to be dated and signed with respective supporting documents(if any) nearest to the interview time. They will RFE for new documents with new dates/signatures at the interview if they are too far from the interview date.

-------------------------------------------- as1cE-a0g410010MjgybHN8MDA5Njk4c3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

Your I-129f was approved in 5 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 67 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

AOS was approved in 2 months and 8 days without interview.

ROC was approved in 3 months and 2 days without interview.

I am a Citizen of the United States of America. 04/16/13

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

You can fill out whatever information will not be dated by the interview time, but do not sign it, and any data that might change, like bank account balances, should not be filled in yet.

Sit on the documents for as long as you can, and then send them to your fiance about 2-3 weeks before the interview. If you use DHL, they will get there in 3 to 5 days. It will cost you about 100 bucks, surely a drop in the bucket over all the money you spent so far.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Moldova
Timeline

You can fill out whatever information will not be dated by the interview time, but do not sign it, and any data that might change, like bank account balances, should not be filled in yet.

Sit on the documents for as long as you can, and then send them to your fiance about 2-3 weeks before the interview. If you use DHL, they will get there in 3 to 5 days. It will cost you about 100 bucks, surely a drop in the bucket over all the money you spent so far.

I undertstand that I can fill out "whatever" information. I need to know the specific forms that I need...

Also, I am flying out to her for her interview. So no worries there.

DELETE THIS ACCOUNT!

I undertstand that I can fill out "whatever" information. I need to know the specific forms that I need...

The specific forms that you will need will be listed and provided to you in the packet that you will receive from the consulate. They will send this to your fiance upon receiving the USCIS approved I-129F petition. I would spend this time, before the petition approval just continuing to document the "ongoing" relationship. Your fiance can look into the requirements for getting the police certificate from all countries that she has resided in, and see if she can obtain that. (Depends on how long those are valid...I believe they are valid for 6 months from date of issue...so you don't wan to get that too quickly and have it be expired by the time you have to use it.)

funny-dog-pictures-wtf.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Here is what the Moldova Embassy has on it's site. http://moldova.usembassy.gov/immigrant-visa-forms.html

Go with that for now, possibly you could email them: Chisinau-CA@state.gov and ask what other forms you would need for a K-1 Visa.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.