Jani

what happens now!!??

70 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Sweden
Timeline

Whats the guarantee even if its sealed they will not reopen it again?

HOW DO WE KNOW WHICH ENVELOPE IS NOT SUPPOSE TO BE OPEN? WHAT'S THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN THE ENVEOLOPE WHERE IT COMES THE PASSAPORT AND THE ONE WITH THE VISA PAPERS?

I got my passport and the envelope in another big envelope... so, you will open one envelope at firts to find your passport which has a visa, and another big envelope - in my case the envelope I wasnt supposed to open. That envelope has a stamp on it, saying :

IMPORTANT NOTICE: to be opened only by the united states immigration or public health service officer, this is your visa - it must be surrendered to the united states - do not pack - it must be hand carried

So after you've read that, you know you are not supposed to open it... but I opened it of course before I read it. Silly me...

So an advice; double check all envelopes you get, before you open them :D

Its intresting to see how smart I get day by day... I always learn something new. :P

Thanks all for nice support!

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whats the guarantee even if its sealed they will not reopen it again?

HOW DO WE KNOW WHICH ENVELOPE IS NOT SUPPOSE TO BE OPEN? WHAT'S THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN THE ENVEOLOPE WHERE IT COMES THE PASSAPORT AND THE ONE WITH THE VISA PAPERS?

I got my passport and the envelope in another big envelope... so, you will open one envelope at firts to find your passport which has a visa, and another big envelope - in my case the envelope I wasnt supposed to open. That envelope has a stamp on it, saying :

IMPORTANT NOTICE: to be opened only by the united states immigration or public health service officer, this is your visa - it must be surrendered to the united states - do not pack - it must be hand carried

So after you've read that, you know you are not supposed to open it... but I opened it of course before I read it. Silly me...

Its intresting to see how smart I get day by day... I always learn something new. :P

Cheers Jani.

Disregard the troll, offering BS. Sure you know who that is.

Goodluck in the rest of your journey. :thumbs:

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline
Yay! I got the envelope send back to me again; sealed... and I did not open it again... :D

So - - - I am all ready to leave to the usa now; to my honey (L)

Good deal! Best of luck to you and hope you both have a wonderful reunion. :luv:

Yeah atleast you got one thing right, Blonds aren't that smart !!!. But your situation is not that bad. Call the embassy and let them know what happened and they will take care of you. Goodluck !!!

You really do like to insult, don't you? Hopefully you were only joking, but you should know that not everyone understands this brand of humor.

Oh, btw, Blonds is spelled Blondes.

You must be a blond, huh. Sorry for the mispell words. I'm mechanical Engineer not an English professor !!!

*laughs*

Even mechanical engineers have to know how to spell. And no, I'm not blonde, not that it matters. BTW, I am an educator...the precursor to all professions :D

Edited by KarenCee

Teaching is the essential profession...the one that makes ALL other professions possible - David Haselkorn

• 7 months later...
How stupid am I??

I was so excited and glad to get my visa approved, and when I went to the post office yesterday to get it... I opened the first envelope and also the second one - wich was THE envelope I shouldnt have opened!!!

I have no idea what happens now!

Does any of you know what is going to happen to me and my love and my visa because of my stupidness....?

//jani

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Wow thats kind of good to know. I didn't know I would have to read it carefully (though I probably would have because I know there is some envelope i'm not supposed to open). A nice big DO NOT OPEN notice would make me pay a lot more attention though. seems like an easy mistake. Hope it gets straightened out easily. Best of luck and congratulations!

K1 Visa Journey:

Jan 12, 2007- I-129F Sent

Jan 17, 2007- I-129F has arrived at the NSC

Jan 24, 2007- NOA1 date

Jan 27, 2007- Check cashed by CSC

Jan 29, 2007- Paper NOA1 recieved (at permenant US address)

May 1, 2007- NOA2

May 16, 2007- At the NVC

May 18, 2007- Left NVC

May 30, 2007- Packet 3 arrives

May 31, 2007- Faxed Packet 3 stuff back

July 9, 2007- Interview at Vancouver

July 10, 2007- Visa recieved!

July 18, 2007- US entry

August 25, 2007- Wedding <3

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

"You may have to file a fresh I-129F and follow all the rules this time. This process has zero tolerance for error."

Is this some kind of sick joke?

I hope it is...

but still... I did open the envelope I wasnt suppose to open - so something might and should happen because of all the rules etc.... or am I wrong?

I am just worried and scared that I destroyed something good now. Stupid me!

Pleaase STOP beating yourself up over this!! We all make mistakes and this can be rectified as others have said. Don't allow it to mess up what should be a really happy moment for you.

ENJOY your good news, go and get it resealed and CONGRATULATIONS!! I'm certainly not going to give you a hard time for something like opening an envelope and I would hope, unless there is anyone on here who has NEVER done anything a bit daft, no-one else will either.

Good luck and I hope all goes well for you. (once again, I re-iterate - ENJOY, CELEBRATE!!! PARTY!!!) xxxxx

Met Online: June 2005

First met in person: November 2005

2nd Meeting: March 2006

Decided to marry: May 2006

3rd Meeting: June 2006

4th Meeting: December 2006

Filed for K1: Jan 2007

NOA1: 5th Feb 2007

NOA2: 1st May 2007

Left NVC 15th May 2007

Packet 3 rec: 26th May 2007

Packet 3 posted: 29th May 2007

Medical: 14th June 2007

Packet 4: 23rd June 2007

Interview Date: 31st August 2007

Wedding: 11th Nov 2007 (woo-hoo)

AOS (&I-765) sent: Feb 29th 08

RFE: March 08

AOS Transferred to CSC: April 08

Pendinnngggg...........

AOS APPROVED: May 22nd 08 - card production ordered! Hoorah!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

End Thread

Edited by elguevon

Application For Naturalization (N-400)

01/10/2013 - Packet Sent to Phoenix Lockbox

01/16/2013 - NOA & Check Cashed

02/06/2013 - Biometrics Appt

04/16/2013 - Interview - Approval Recommendation!

04/23/2013 - Placed in the Oath Ceremony Queue

05/16/2013 - Received letter showing Oath Ceremony date

06/12/2013 - Oath Ceremony

06/12/2013 - U.S. Citizen!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.