harry1

Do I need to file separate form for K-4?

23 posts in this topic

For you to file a K4 for your wife's son, he and his mother must have approved I-130s, and he must be listed as her dependent on the I-129F...

What forms have you filed for your wife?

For my wife's son to receive K-4, is one I-129F form with his name on it enough?

Thank you in advance!

Be smart, have a plan, and hang on to the people you love. - Chris Gardner

N-400 Timeline

02-23-2018: Sent N-400 Application online

02-23-2018: Date on NOA, retrieved from online account

02-23-2018: Date on Biometrics Appointment Letter (Biometrics Appointment at Jacksonville ASC on March 13, 10:00 a.m.)

03-08-2018: Biometrics complete

04-05-2018: Case status updated - Interview Scheduled on May 10, 2018, 10:15 a.m. :D

05-10-2018: Citizenship Interview - Passed English and Civics Tests, Recommended for Approval! :D 

06-19-2018: Received email and text notification: Naturalization Ceremony Scheduled; waited for letter to be uploaded on online account - it has been set on Wednesday, July 25, 3:00 p.m.

07-25-2018: I am now a U.S. Citizen!

K3-K4 Journey.txt

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

I have filed I-130 and received NOA1 a week ago. Now I will file I-129f for my wife for K-3. I can not locate a separate form of filing K-4 for her son. So I only list him in Item 13--List all children of your alien fiance--on I-129f. I hope that this is all I need to do.

For you to file a K4 for your wife's son, he and his mother must have approved I-130s, and he must be listed as her dependent on the I-129F...

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

K-3 is closed at NVC, you will be filing a CR-1 not a K-3. Save your time and don't send the I-129F.

-------------------------------------------- as1cE-a0g410010MjgybHN8MDA5Njk4c3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

Your I-129f was approved in 5 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 67 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

AOS was approved in 2 months and 8 days without interview.

ROC was approved in 3 months and 2 days without interview.

I am a Citizen of the United States of America. 04/16/13

Timeline

Closed? What do you mean by that? Can you explain more? Thanks

I thought I-129f is fater than I-130. I just want to move my wife to US faster.

I-130 filed already, just received NOA1 days ago.

K-3 is closed at NVC, you will be filing a CR-1 not a K-3. Save your time and don't send the I-129F.

Edited by harry1

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline

For nearly 1 year now NVC has bee administratively closing I-129Fs when USCIS approves and sends both petitions to NVC, which is what USCIS has been doing for well over a year now. The reason K-3 was developed no longer exists (WAITING for I-130 approval)

You NEED to file another I-130 for step child if you did nto when filing for spouse, there will not be an automatic derivative visa for step child as was on the K-3/K-4

Also NVC has a new electronic process for China Read More about the ending of K-3, and new electronic process here. http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=37703

This is a common topic..

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/289792-new-k3-immigration-policy/

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/287246-cr-1-or-k-3-practical-difference/

Moving to K-3 forum.

Edited by YuAndDan

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.

1428954228.1592.1755425389.png

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

For wife: I-130 + I-129F = K3

For wife's son: I-130 + included in mom's I-129F = K4

Since February 1, 2010, K3 and K4 applicants who have their I-130s and I-129F approved at the same time can expect NVC to administratively close the I-129F once USCIS has forwarded the petitions to them...this effectively pushes you towards applying for a IR1/CR1 visa for your wife, and a IR2/CR2 visa for her son.

But you must file an I-130 petition for the boy for that to happen...when you married his mother, was he under 18 years old?

Closed? What do you mean by that? Can you explain more? Thanks

I thought I-129f is fater than I-130. I just want to move my wife to US faster.

I-130 filed already, just received NOA1 days ago.

N-400 Timeline

02-23-2018: Date on Biometrics Appointment Letter (Biometrics Appointment at Jacksonville ASC on March 13, 10:00 a.m.)

04-05-2018: Case status updated - Interview Scheduled on May 10, 2018, 10:15 a.m. :D

05-10-2018: Citizenship Interview - Passed English and Civics Tests, Recommended for Approval! :D 

06-19-2018: Received email and text notification: Naturalization Ceremony Scheduled; waited for letter to be uploaded on online account - it has been set on Wednesday, July 25, 3:00 p.m.

K3-K4 Journey.txt

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

You do not "file a K4" and never did. K4 visas were granted without approved I-130's for the child. Neither K3 or K4 visas are currently available, so this is a somewhat moot point.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

File the petition for your son now. Do not wait. You can make up any lag between your wife's I-130 and your son's at NVC

good luck

USCIS
August 12, 2008 - petition sent
August 16, 2008 - NOA-1
February 10, 2009 - NOA-2
178 DAYS FROM NOA-1

NVC
February 13, 2009 - NVC case number assigned
March 12, 2009 - Case Complete
25 DAY TRIP THROUGH NVC

Medical
May 4, 2009

Interview
May, 26, 2009

POE - June 20, 2009 Toronto - Atlanta, GA

Removal of Conditions
Filed - April 14, 2011
Biometrics - June 2, 2011 (early)
Approval - November 9, 2011
209 DAY TRIP TO REMOVE CONDITIONS

Citizenship

April 29, 2013 - NOA1 for petition received

September 10, 2013 Interview - decision could not be made.

April 15, 2014 APPROVED. Wait for oath ceremony

Waited...

September 29, 2015 - sent letter to senator.

October 16, 2015 - US Citizen

Timeline

Oh, my, Good I posted question here before I move ahead, I will read the links, thanks a lot.

For nearly 1 year now NVC has bee administratively closing I-129Fs when USCIS approves and sends both petitions to NVC, which is what USCIS has been doing for well over a year now. The reason K-3 was developed no longer exists (WAITING for I-130 approval)

You NEED to file another I-130 for step child if you did nto when filing for spouse, there will not be an automatic derivative visa for step child as was on the K-3/K-4

Also NVC has a new electronic process for China Read More about the ending of K-3, and new electronic process here. http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=37703

This is a common topic..

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/289792-new-k3-immigration-policy/

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/287246-cr-1-or-k-3-practical-difference/

Moving to K-3 forum.

Timeline

He is only 16.

In I-130 instruction--Who may file---it does not mention stepchild. Only in "Who may not file I-130", it states stepchild over 18 can not file...

Another question, is her son my stepson automatically? Without any legal procedure?

Thank you.

For wife: I-130 + I-129F = K3

For wife's son: I-130 + included in mom's I-129F = K4

Since February 1, 2010, K3 and K4 applicants who have their I-130s and I-129F approved at the same time can expect NVC to administratively close the I-129F once USCIS has forwarded the petitions to them...this effectively pushes you towards applying for a IR1/CR1 visa for your wife, and a IR2/CR2 visa for her son.

But you must file an I-130 petition for the boy for that to happen...when you married his mother, was he under 18 years old?

Timeline

Thanks.

When we fisrt started I-130 filing, we didn't think to bring the child to US. We just changed our mind.

File the petition for your son now. Do not wait. You can make up any lag between your wife's I-130 and your son's at NVC

good luck

You are the petitioner. You may be the boy's petitioner on the basis of a stepparent-stepchild relationship; you will need to include proof that you married his mother while he was below 18 years old (using his birth certificate and your marriage certificate), and proof that any marriages you or his mother contracted have been legally terminated (divorce or annulment papers). Since he is over 14 years old, he will also need a G-325A.

He is only 16.

In I-130 instruction--Who may file---it does not mention stepchild. Only in "Who may not file I-130", it states stepchild over 18 can not file...

Another question, is her son my stepson automatically? Without any legal procedure?

Thank you.

N-400 Timeline

K3-K4 Journey.txt

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

He is only 16.

Thank you.

The legal procedure that makes him your step son is your marriage to his mother. For US immigration purposes, he is your step son if your marriage to his mother occurred before his 18th birthday. The stepson doesn't file the petition. You do. Follow the instructions for filing for a step child.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline

He is only 16.

Thank you.

The legal procedure that makes him your step son is your marriage to his mother. For US immigration purposes, he is your step son if your marriage to his mother occurred before his 18th birthday. The stepson doesn't file the petition. You do. Follow the instructions for filing for a step child.

Procedure found here in the guides: http://www.visajourney.com/content/childpet

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.

1428954228.1592.1755425389.png

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.