Faisal khan

new k3 immigration policy

52 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Oh, I have read every word here as well in other threads, and while there is a common theme, never hurts to ask the question since other parts of VJ still recommend submitting I-129f so that the spouse can wait out the CR-1 process in the States.

pushbrk, I particularly like your info in so many posts, but why be in attack mode--maybe 1lovingyou2 is rubbing off on you ??

Seriously, this site is full of conflicting info on this very subject. I have no desire whatsoever to go thru the entire K-3 process, and do need to understand better if the I-129f for a spouse is what is being discussed as "dead" or the entire process. The following wording is still in the I-129f instructions which were revised as recently as 11/23/10 and which are valid thru 2/29/12:

C. You wish to have your spouse enter as a nonimmigrant.....

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

Oh, I have read every word here as well in other threads, and while there is a common theme, never hurts to ask the question since other parts of VJ still recommend submitting I-129f so that the spouse can wait out the CR-1 process in the States.

pushbrk, I particularly like your info in so many posts, but why be in attack mode--maybe 1lovingyou2 is rubbing off on you ??

Seriously, this site is full of conflicting info on this very subject. I have no desire whatsoever to go thru the entire K-3 process, and do need to understand better if the I-129f for a spouse is what is being discussed as "dead" or the entire process. The following wording is still in the I-129f instructions which were revised as recently as 11/23/10 and which are valid thru 2/29/12:

C. You wish to have your spouse enter as a nonimmigrant.....

The key is, USCIS doesn't issue visas but what they WILL do when you file an I-129F for a spouse is go find your I-130 and take it from its place in line to join the I-129F in ITS place further back in the line.

USCIS still does their part of the K3 process before the Dept. of State who actually DOES issue visas stops the process in its tracks. It won't take but a few minutes of reading in the K3 forum to find this information many times over. That some people still don't know it, explains why you're seeing conflicting information on the subject here.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

The Second Step: Applying for a Visa

Important Notice: Effective February 1st, 2010, when both petitions have been approved by USCIS and sent to the NVC or when USCIS approves the I-130 before the I-129F, the availability of, as well as the need for, a nonimmigrant K-3 visa ends. If the NVC receives both an approved I-130 petition and an approved I-129F petition:

* The nonimmigrant K-3 visa case will be administratively closed.

* The application process explained below will not be available to the foreign-citizen spouse and cannot be used.

* The NVC will contact the U.S. citizen sponsor and foreign-citizen spouse, with instructions for processing the IR-1 (or CR-1) immigrant visa. For more information on the immigrant visa process, review the Immigrant Visa for a Spouse webpage.

Source

Thank you Belinda. That is the very simple and key point.

if you gave your info (receipt #s, full name, etc) to anyone on VJ under the guise that they would "help" you through the immigration journey with his inside contacts (like his sister at USCIS) ... please contact OLUInquiries@dhs.gov, and go to http://www.whitehouse.gov/contact to report anything suspicious. Contact your congressman and senator's offices as well.

I agree would like to file CR-1/IR-1

probably a good idea, as most people do go for the cr1/ir1 if there is not a specific reason needed for the k-3

here is a recent discussion on the reasons why people "want/wish" (as Loto perfectly phrased it) the k-3 as opposed to the cr1/ir1

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/281110-california-service-center-to-texas-service-center/page__view__findpost__p__4322451

good luck on your journey!

if you gave your info (receipt #s, full name, etc) to anyone on VJ under the guise that they would "help" you through the immigration journey with his inside contacts (like his sister at USCIS) ... please contact OLUInquiries@dhs.gov, and go to http://www.whitehouse.gov/contact to report anything suspicious. Contact your congressman and senator's offices as well.

• 3 weeks later...

i have a stinking suspicion these may be one and same

3 weeks ago i said it and i was correct :P

1lovingyou2 and Nat&Ron were one and same ... hmmmm just wonder how many more IPs and IDs will match up? :lol:

• 3 months later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Faisal, whats up with you, man, these days?

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.