worriedman

K1 visa and one way ticket....

8 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

yes u can..I have seen many vj members here who are now in US with only one way ticket.Its not going to be a prob..

K1 Visa

Event Date

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : Manila, Philippines

I-129F Sent : 2010-07-31

I-129F NOA1 : 2010-08-11

I-129F NOA2 : 2011-01-13

NVC letter: 2011-02-01

USEM LETTER: 2011-02-11

INTERVIEW: 2011-04-04 VISA APPROVED

POE: 2011-05-02 MINEAPOLIS/ST PAUL

WEDDING: 2011-06-18

Prayer teaches us to wait;it clears our visions;it quiets our heart and it activates our faith.Glow like the sunrise and be humble like the sunset.

event.png

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

There is no reason as to why not. But, here is a little hint :whistle:

Explore round trip versus one way. The tickets are cheaper for illogical reasoning unknown to me. You do not have to use the return ticket.

Look at different dates and times and stay away from weekends unless money is of no concern. No need to shop around a lot as the airlines have tightened the purse strings. I have been traveling internationally for some time now and have not found an appreciable difference in prices from different websites, in fact, I use the airlines website (for me American Airlines) and get the best pricing and time options as compared to search engines. There is a big difference between Airline companies as they all have their territories well marked and defined.

Just do some googling and comparing. Just be careful with the least expensive tickets as they cost a lot to make an itinerary change once purchased. Just make sure you understand those before you purchase.

Good Luck and a little research goes a long way to help with the financial strain during this process of getting our loved ones home to us. :thumbs: I hope this was helpful.....

John and Mari

"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."

K1 Guides and Info

K1 AOS Guide

Link for Rio de Janeiro Consulate's instructions for K1 Visas. They give you this link instead of a packet 3. Everything you need for interview in Rio is here. Boa Sorte

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Hungary
Timeline

Round trip tickets are generally cheaper, just don't forget to cancel the second trip if you don't use it. Generally it's not a problem, but I read two cases here where it hasn't been cancelled and their AOS was denied because USCIS said they left the US thus abandoned the process. Proving that you actually never were on that plane is not as easy as you would think.

05/2009-----We met on Facebook, playing FarmTown

11/20/2009--His first visit to Hungary for a month

05/05/2010--Spent 3 months together in the USA

07/19/2010--I-129F sent

01/05/2011--NOA2! (Day 161)

02/10/2011--Interview - approved, visa in hand the same day

02/13/2011--POE Portland,OR

04/02/2011--Wedding

04/08/2011--AOS sent

14/13/2011--NOA 1

04/27/2011--Biometrics walk-in in (scheduled for 05/13)

07/13/2011--Interview

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Round trip tickets are generally cheaper, just don't forget to cancel the second trip if you don't use it. Generally it's not a problem, but I read two cases here where it hasn't been cancelled and their AOS was denied because USCIS said they left the US thus abandoned the process. Proving that you actually never were on that plane is not as easy as you would think.

Thanks for adding the cancellation part to the post. Most Helpful :thumbs:

"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."

K1 Guides and Info

K1 AOS Guide

Link for Rio de Janeiro Consulate's instructions for K1 Visas. They give you this link instead of a packet 3. Everything you need for interview in Rio is here. Boa Sorte

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

Hello Vj,

I wana know if a k1 visa holder can purchase a one way ticket?

There is no requirement, purchase the cheapest or most effective for you.

Phil (Lockport, near Chicago) and Alla (Lobnya, near Moscow)

As of Dec 7, 2009, now Zero miles apart (literally)!

+1 :thumbs:

Great tip!

Such an important thing to remember. Close the loop with the airline by contacting them.

In this age of close scrutiny while flying, let the airline know what you are doing.

Who knows, it may prevent a red flag coming up by your name on your next flight, and who needs more hassles, lines or delays at the airport.

Edited by Boing!

Sign-on-a-church-af.jpgLogic-af.jpgwwiao.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.