Mkandi

Affidavit of support for AOS Question

6 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline

Hi there!

I just have a quick question- I have an affidavit of support all ready to go, but it was assembled entirely between July 2010 and August 2010. I was told that my fiance would need the affidavit at the time of his interview in his country, but they didn't even ask him for it. So, this time around with the AOS, they need the affidavit packet. Can I still use the employment letter and Bank letter? A year hasn't even passed and nothing has changed since then. As long as I have updated bank statements and updated cover letters, ect, is that alright?

Thank you so very much in advance!!

My Timeline

2/1/2008: The day I met my Hubby-to-be

2/1/2009: Celebrated our first year anniversary!

12/25/2009: He proposed!

2/1/2010: Our second year anniversary!

1/12/2010: 129-F sent out to Vermont!

1/22/2010: NOA1 received

1/25/2010: Updated!

4/20/2010: Updated to Approved Status!

4/23/2010: NOA2 received!!

4/26/2010: Visa case forwarded to NVC

6/25/2010: Took care of new packets.

7/15/2010: Interview date set for August 23, 2010 @ 8:30 A.M!~

8/1/2010: Ordered police record!

8/9/2010: Police record pick up!

8/16/2010: Medical exam

8/22/2010: Interview in Tokyo Embassy!

8/26/2010: Passport received with visa!! PASSED! :)

11/1/2010: Masato comes to America~L.A POE

11/21/2010: OUR WEDDING! finally~!! :)

...Next step, AOS!

Best wishes to everyone in their own visa endeavors!

My timeline needs updating, it's outdated a bit! I will take care of it soon!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline

I recycled most of the documents used with our I-134 when adjusting status.

Note bank letter is not required for I-864, it is used as an asset.

Since my income was more than enough I did not use any asset data.

I used I-864EZ when adjusting status, attached past 3 years simple IRS transcripts, copies of past 6 months pay stubs up to close to date of AOS filing, and the employer letter that we used for K-1 I-134

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.

1428954228.1592.1755425389.png

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline
I just have a quick question- I have an affidavit of support all ready to go, but it was assembled entirely between July 2010 and August 2010. I was told that my fiance would need the affidavit at the time of his interview in his country, but they didn't even ask him for it. So, this time around with the AOS, they need the affidavit packet. Can I still use the employment letter and Bank letter? A year hasn't even passed and nothing has changed since then. As long as I have updated bank statements and updated cover letters, ectetc, is that alright?

Thank you so very much in advance!!

As stated the employment letter and bank letter are not required with the I-864. If they were needed again then yes, you would need new ones, at least the employment letter. As the bank letter is designed to show the amount of money deposited in your account in the last year, it being done 4, almost 5 months ago doesn't show the most recent year.

You could have been fired between now and July-Aug 2010 so a new employer letter is needed to. Also because your income may be more or less now.. 5 months IS a long time. A month is acceptable, maybe even 2.. but I wouldn't waste my time with 5 because in my opinion the risk of RFE for more recent ones is too high. YOU know nothing has changed, but they don't.

If it's your tax returns, or IRS transcripts then no problem 'cause it's unlikely those would have changed. I understand the draw of just using what you have, but it's just too important in my opinion to try and find "shortcuts".

**Edit - There's an AOS thread in my signature that has the list of required docs for AOS in it. It should help you.

Edited by Vanessa&Tony

Timeline
I used I-864EZ when adjusting status,..

QN.. how did you as a K1 use the EZ? It says you need to have filed an I-130 and you didn't.. just curious.. have the rules changed since you filed it? Here's the form http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/i-864ez.pdf first page says "who may file this" and that ALL of the conditions need to apply.. the first one being the filing of an I-130.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline

QN.. how did you as a K1 use the EZ? It says you need to have filed an I-130 and you didn't.. just curious.. have the rules changed since you filed it? Here's the form http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/i-864ez.pdf first page says "who may file this" and that ALL of the conditions need to apply.. the first one being the filing of an I-130.

K-1 AOS is based on the K-1 visa, NO I-130 is filed when adjusting status.

AOS can use I-864EZ when adjusting status.

If you can check all three questions "YES" in part 1 of the form you can use it when adjusting status.

The section in the forms instruction says I-130, but it also applies to I-129F for fiancee visa.

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.

1428954228.1592.1755425389.png

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

Timeline
K-1 AOS is based on the K-1 visa, NO I-130 is filed when adjusting status.

An I-130 is required for a K1 if you wait more than 2 years before filing AOS, other than that yes, I know that no I-130 is required. I was just wondered how, if no I-130 is required you filed the I-130EZ. Now I know. Thanks.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.