17 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Romania
Timeline

Ok, just a short summ up. I applied for aos on 8th nov. recieved noa nov 17. Still can not see my case status online, so i called them up. After they told me my letter that they sent was returned because it was undeliberable, i called the post office, no one knows why that happened. OK so today i got the letter that i supose to get like 3 weeks ago. It's a FRE for my birth certificate- i only put the translated one, you also have to put a copy from your original birth certificate. :bonk: At least it's something easy...but when i looked at the address i noticed they put another label ...and looking into the light i see they made a mistake with my address-the apartment number was 303, not 3. SO it's their mistake, and i was stressing about it.

Also in the letter it says that i have to respond in 87 days. And the day they recieve my RFE they will start procesing my EAD that can take up to 90 days.

So i am thinking it's good that i called up, because otherwise i would have never known that they sent me a letter that was returned, maybe i would even be denied while i was still waiting to recieve my letter from them. So it's good to call if you wait and nothing happens, because at least you will know what is going on. I called them up like 6 times because i was stressed that the letter might have been the biometrics and i missed it. It's good to be on top of the things because it's your interest, and people make mistakes...

How many RFE's can you get? My hubby petitioned for me with I-130, if we were to get a FRE for the I-130 would it come by now?

Good luck to all of you!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Romania
Timeline

Ok, just a short summ up. I applied for aos on 8th nov. recieved noa nov 17. Still can not see my case status online, so i called them up. After they told me my letter that they sent was returned because it was undeliberable, i called the post office, no one knows why that happened. OK so today i got the letter that i supose to get like 3 weeks ago. It's a FRE for my birth certificate- i only put the translated one, you also have to put a copy from your original birth certificate. :bonk: At least it's something easy...but when i looked at the address i noticed they put another label ...and looking into the light i see they made a mistake with my address-the apartment number was 303, not 3. SO it's their mistake, and i was stressing about it.

Also in the letter it says that i have to respond in 87 days. And the day they recieve my RFE they will start procesing my EAD that can take up to 90 days.

So i am thinking it's good that i called up, because otherwise i would have never known that they sent me a letter that was returned, maybe i would even be denied while i was still waiting to recieve my letter from them. So it's good to call if you wait and nothing happens, because at least you will know what is going on. I called them up like 6 times because i was stressed that the letter might have been the biometrics and i missed it. It's good to be on top of the things because it's your interest, and people make mistakes...

How many RFE's can you get? My hubby petitioned for me with I-130, if we were to get a FRE for the I-130 would it come by now?

Good luck to all of you!

Hi, Silvana! Happy New Year!

I am glad to hear that your RFE was an easy fix. I have a question about the birth certificate? How did you tranlate your Romanian birth certificate? Or better, who? I have an international one, but with USCIS you never know what they want. Thanks!

2-7-11 - Day 0 -sent AOS package (concurrent filling)

2-11-11-Day 4 - received text message from USCIS with the receipt number

2-18-2011 - Day 11[/font]- received NOA 1 in mail for I-130, I-485, I-765, I-131

2-22-2011 -Day 15- received biometrics letter -appt March 14

3-10-2011- still cannot see case online although I called USCIS two days ago

3-14-2011- Day 35- Biometrics done on the appointment day

3-24-2011-Day 45-case showing up online!!!! USCIS mailed on 3-23 my interview appt letter- April 26 is the day!

3-26-2011-Day 48-Received interview appt letter

4-1-2011-Day 59- USCIS mailed I-131 approval and ordered production of my new card (I assume the combined EAD/AP)

4-11-2012-Day 69- received EAd&AP combo in mail! Bad picture!

4-26-2011-Day 84-APPROVED!!! Card production ordered!

4-30-2011-Day 88-Welcome to America letter received

5-4-2011-Day 92 - received green card in mail (8 days after the interview) - it is kinda green!!!!

as1cEY2003-0000MDA0NDZzfDAwMDYxOTN8V2UgaGF2ZSBiZWVuIG1hcnJpZWQgZm9y.gif

Oh wow...that sure sucks that they sent you something with a deadline to reply to but then you didn't receive it - but I think in either way if they are able to deliver your NOAS1 by mail and an RFE comes back it should be easy to re-open a case if it gets closed. It's not our fault for not receiving something? But yes, maybe if you have doubts it's good to call and see if somebody knows about your case at the national hotline.

Am glad to read that you got it all straightened out.

As far as your question for RFEs goes - well, it depends on your application and what is needed in addition to what you have submitted in the first place. In particular for your I-130 - again, depends on so many factors, like when is an employee working on it, how much are they working on it before they put it aside again - and just because you received one for your AOS, it does not mean that you will receive one for your spouse's I-130.

RFE's are for the IO to get some more information or a correction (like your copy of original) from you to make it easier and faster to work on your application. Some people get a bunch of them, many not a single one....

Good luck on your AOS journey!!! Happy New Year!!

Maxximus

10/13/2010 - Mailed in The Package (AOS, I-765, I-130)

10/17/2010 - USPS confirms delivery to USCIS

10/25/2010 - Check cashed

10/26/2010 - All applications been worked on aka touched

10/28/2010 - NOA1 Receipts for applications received

11/24/2010 - Received appointment for biometrics in the mail for 12/17 *yay*

12/17/2010 - 9.25 a.m. - 9.45 a.m. Biometrics done !!

12/23/2010 - EAD Approved and Card on its way - Email notification received *yay*

01/03/2011 - WOOOHOOO ...EAD Card in Hand!

01/04/2011 - Oh boy....Received Interview Letter today - February 3rd is the day! :)

02/03/2011 - Interview scheduled 12:45 p.m. - out of there before 1:30 p.m. - further review

Coming home, checking for touches at 5:30 p.m. - CARD PRODUCTION ORDERED !!!!

Thank you All on Visajourney for your inputs, experiences and thoughts!!!

02/09/2011 - Yup another e-mail saying that my card production was ordered.

02/10/2011 - E-mail notification "Approval letter was sent today"

02/14/2011 - Welcome Letter / Approval NOA and Card (separate envelope) received!!! :D

Late November 2012 (have to look up my receipts ;) - mailed in ROC I-751

12/12/2012 - NOA 1, status extension received

12/18/2012 - Biometrics appointment letter received

01/08/2013 - Biometrics done

Timeline

I hope you all have a great year, and your green card on the way :)

In regards to the birth certificate...i found a service online called-ultra translate. It cost me around $60? and i faxed my birth certificate to them and in 4 days i got the translated one with certification and everything. But some people are doing it themselves.If you want to do that just ask some people here how to do it.

I'm glad you got it sorted out Silvana! Way to be on the ball!

AOS for my husband
8/17/10: INTERVIEW DAY (day 123) APPROVED!!

ROC:
5/23/12: Sent out package
2/06/13: APPROVED!

Timeline

I hope you all have a great year, and your green card on the way :)

In regards to the birth certificate...i found a service online called-ultra translate. It cost me around $60? and i faxed my birth certificate to them and in 4 days i got the translated one with certification and everything. But some people are doing it themselves.If you want to do that just ask some people here how to do it.

Thanks for the tip!

2-18-2011 - Day 11[/font]- received NOA 1 in mail for I-130, I-485, I-765, I-131

3-24-2011-Day 45-case showing up online!!!! USCIS mailed on 3-23 my interview appt letter- April 26 is the day!

4-1-2011-Day 59- USCIS mailed I-131 approval and ordered production of my new card (I assume the combined EAD/AP)

5-4-2011-Day 92 - received green card in mail (8 days after the interview) - it is kinda green!!!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Romania
Timeline

Calikali13 - Do it yourself and then have a friend certifying that the translation matches the original. Easy.

Silvana- I'm glad it's only the birth certificate.

On the other hand, I am sorry that you had to go through all this....

Edited by juliava

My N-400 Journey

06-02-2017 - N-400 package mailed to Dallas Lockbox

06-06-2017 - Credit card charged; received text and email confirming that application was received and NOA is on its way

06-10-2017 - Received NOA letter from NBC dated 06-05-2017

06-16-2017 - Received Biometrics Appointment Letter for 06-28-2017

01-19-2018 - Interview Letter sent

02-27-18 - Interview and Oath Ceremony. Finally US CITIZEN! 

My ROC Journey

03-08-2012 - I-751 package mailed to VSC

03-10-2012 - I-751 package delivered

03-14-2012 - Check cashed

03-15-2012 - NOA received, dated 03-12-2012

04-27-2012 - Biometrics appointment

11-23-2012 - ROC approved

11-28-2012 - Approval letter received

12-06-2012 - 10 years Green Card received

My AOS Journey

04-17-09 I-130&I-485&I-765 received by USCIS

04-19-10 AOS Approved

04-29-10 Green Card received

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Oh wow...that sure sucks that they sent you something with a deadline to reply to but then you didn't receive it - but I think in either way if they are able to deliver your NOAS1 by mail and an RFE comes back it should be easy to re-open a case if it gets closed. It's not our fault for not receiving something? But yes, maybe if you have doubts it's good to call and see if somebody knows about your case at the national hotline.

As far as your question for RFEs goes - well, it depends on your application and what is needed in addition to what you have submitted in the first place. In particular for your I-130 - again, depends on so many factors, like when is an employee working on it, how much are they working on it before they put it aside again - and just because you received one for your AOS, it does not mean that you will receive one for your spouse's I-130.

RFE's are for the IO to get some more information or a correction (like your copy of original) from you to make it easier and faster to work on your application. Some people get a bunch of them, many not a single one....

Maxximus

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Maxximus

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Algeria
Timeline

How come you started filing 10/13/2010 got your EAD 01/03/10 how could that be possible?...good luck for a brand new year!

I'm sure you can figure out it's an accidental typo...sheesh! Why do some people feel the need to point out others' (very minor and pretty insignificant) errors?

maxximus Happy you finally received your EAD!! :)

02/21/99 Hubby entered with F1 student visa D/S

May 2002 He stopped attending school because he couldn't afford it any longer.

03?/2002 USC sibling I-130 petition

02/2009 Met hubby

08/2009 Sibling petition approved but ineligible to adjust status due to overstay

07/10 Married :)

11/22/10 [day 0]- mailed AOS packet!! should be there by noon 11/23/2010

12/3/10 [day 11]- received email/text notification of acceptance from USCIS

12/3/10 hubby surprised me with a trip to Los Angeles for my birthday...no problems :)

12/6/10 [day 14]- received hard copy NOA1 in mail

12/7/10 [day 15]- checks cashed...ouch

12/15/10 [day 23]- rec'd biometrics appt set for Dec. 28th at 10 am! :)

12/28/10 [day 36]- successful biometrics appt

01/27/11 [day 66]- rec'd interview appt set for March 10th at 10 am :)

02/25/11 [day 95]- rec'd EAD

03/10/11 [day 109]- Interview, Green card approved!! :)

Next Step: Removing conditions in 2 years.

Timeline

where did i say that i got my ead? did i say that or you were talking about someone else? because what i said was that in the RFE letter it also mentioned=s that the day they recieve the asnwer to their RFE they will start processing the EAD ...and that takes up to 90 days...so we are looking march 2011 the latest.

Thank you guys for your words, it's nice to have so many friends here on visa journey to suport you while going through this.

Hope you all have a fantastic year!

Timeline

This is a good idea! Thank you, ladies!

where did i say that i got my ead? did i say that or you were talking about someone else? because what i said was that in the RFE letter it also mentioned=s that the day they recieve the asnwer to their RFE they will start processing the EAD ...and that takes up to 90 days...so we are looking march 2011 the latest.

Thank you guys for your words, it's nice to have so many friends here on visa journey to suport you while going through this.

Hope you all have a fantastic year!

Silvana, I have read that normally, RFEs do not make your application timeline totally start over. Of course, it CAN have that effect but there is a good chance that your EAD application is still holding its place in line and that you will get it approved very soon after you respond to your RFE and get biometrics. I'd still tentatively expect your EAD around 90 days from when you originally filed. They always tell you to expect longer than it is just to cover their rumps.

AOS for my husband
8/17/10: INTERVIEW DAY (day 123) APPROVED!!

ROC:
5/23/12: Sent out package
2/06/13: APPROVED!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.