redeemedson

Double-Booked Biometrics

5 posts in this topic

Hello all, I have a problem. I filed for conditions to be removed on my Green Card. I then received a letter stating that I have a Biometrics appointment on the 7th of January. The problem is that just yesterday I received another notice stating that I have a biometrics appointment on the 4th of January. I tried calling, but Im told by the USCIS system repeatedly that my receipt number is not valid, even though Im putting in the number they gave me. The second letter we received, was actually sent first but to the wrong address, so it arrived second after getting routed to us. Complicated right? So I cant seem to contact anyone, and its a 4 hour drive for me to go. I dont really want to go on the wrong day and waste my time. Please help :o(

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

i would go with the jan 4 date if thats what it says on the appointment letter,thay can't refuse you you have the letter appointment for jan 4,

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hello all, I have a problem. I filed for conditions to be removed on my Green Card. I then received a letter stating that I have a Biometrics appointment on the 7th of January. The problem is that just yesterday I received another notice stating that I have a biometrics appointment on the 4th of January. I tried calling, but Im told by the USCIS system repeatedly that my receipt number is not valid, even though Im putting in the number they gave me. The second letter we received, was actually sent first but to the wrong address, so it arrived second after getting routed to us. Complicated right? So I cant seem to contact anyone, and its a 4 hour drive for me to go. I dont really want to go on the wrong day and waste my time. Please help :o(

don't worry.. pick your day and go... they will take you

YMMV

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Go on the 4th, many have reported ASC doing BIO even for walk-ins before the scheduled date.

You know the drill, Photo, Prints, Signature, IN-OUT 10-15 min.

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.

1428954228.1592.1755425389.png

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

I went to my bio appointment earlier then the date they gave me, the place was crowded but they still allowed me to have my bio done. Like they told you before, go on the 4th.

2007-11-8 : Married

AOS

2008-3-03 : AOS sent

2008-3-12 : Check cashed

2008-3-14 : Received Receipt Notices of AOS ,EAD and AP

2008-3-17 : Biometrics Appointment notice date

2008-4-03 : Biometrics Appointment ,,,DONE,,,

2008-5-09 : EAD card ordered and AP approval notice

2008-5-13 : AP approval notice sent

2008-5-16 : AP received

2008-5-19 : EAD Approval notice sent

2008-5-21 : EAD received

2008-6-27 : interview appointment letter (for August)

2008-8---- : interview was fine, but was given a RFE, reason: chicken pox shot( although i got the shot when i was little)

2008-10-- : green card

ROC

2010-7-13 : I-751 sent

2010-7-16 : I-751 received

2010-7-20 : I-751 sent back to me. Cause: signatures and filing early.

2010-7-26 : I-751 re-sent

2010-8-09 : First NOA received ( dated 8/2 )

2010-8-12 : Biometrics appointment letter received ( dated 8/6 )

2010-8-19 : Early biometrics

2010-9-08 : Card production ordered

2010-9-15 : Green Card received, with incorrect first name (one letter missing)

I-90

2010-9-16 : Sent I-90 with Green Card

2010-9-17 : I-90 delivered

2010-9-24 : Receipt received. Notice date: 9-22

2011-2-08 : Card production ordered

2011-2-10 : Card received with NO errors.

N400 :

11-22-2011 :Sent

02-21-2012 :Interview ( a long delay afterwards)

05-18-2012 :Oath - US citizen

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.