웃

If God knows everything then what is the point of praying?

31 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Isle of Man
Timeline

QUESTION 1: If God knows what you are going to say and knows you better than you do then what is the point in praying? Isn't it a pointless act?

You are struggling to pay the bills and you pray to God for "a way".....Did you think God did not know this until you had "thoughts inside your head" trying to communicate with Him? Does He not know everything about your life and situation?

If He wanted to help you He would (maybe He can't?)....

YOU DoN"T NEED TO SAY A SINGLE WORD OR PRAYER because God knows your life (and heart and mind) inside and out.

If you think He doesn't then continue to pray and remind Him of your woes and requests. You are probably annoying Him as He is watching over 7 billion humans simultaneously plus deciding the fate of 146,000 dead people a day (to see if they get into Heaven or are lit on perma-fire and sent away)....

HE IS BUSY FOLKS....No need to pray because He already KNOWS

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

QUESTION 2: Man was punished because the first humans ever (Adam and Eve from 6000 years ago) sinned....We all know the story. God talked to them one time when they were in their early 20s (they couldn't have been just instantly born as newborn babies so let's just say they were given full grown adult bodies at the time of their birth).....God hates apples. He told Adam and Eve never to eat apples....Eve saw the delicious red apples and couldn't resist. To top it off a cute garden snake was talking to her. He said it would be ok so she ate the apple. So God throws a hissy fit and punishes EVERY SINGLE HUMAN EVER TO BE BORN AGAIN because this newborn adult 20-something year old chick ate an apple.

Ok. That is fine. But why can't the animals live in paradise. Why do they die the most gruesome deaths (usually eaten alive). I don't need to post pictures of the human abuse done to animals but we all know it is very disturbing. I was in Mexico last week and they have a dog problem. All their dogs are pregnant (they don't neuter them as many here in the states do). They are all starving and their bones show. A lot of their horses look skinny but I am not an expert on the healthy physical appearance of a horse.

Seems like animals got the short end of the stick from human sin...WHY LORD, WHY??????????

Edited by Lord Infamous

India, gun buyback and steamroll.

qVVjt.jpg?3qVHRo.jpg?1

Prayer is our means of communication with God. Ask and it shall be given, knock and the door will opened. Yes that's right that God knows what your needs but He needs us to be humble before Him. Prayer is not only for asking for what you need. It has 4 parts. Adoration, confession, thanksgiving and supplication.

God gave humans freewill. He order us to rule the earth and make use its resources wisely. Whatever is happening to the animals it is humans choice nad negligence to take care these resources that God has given us.

September 2007 - We started chatting

January 11, 2008 - He visited me here in Philippines

January 18,2008 - Our engagement ceremony

July 14,2008 - his 2nd time here in Philippines

August 08,2008 - Our WEDDING

August 2008- December 15 2009 - We lived together here in Philippines.

December 15, 2009 - He went back in Colorado ( my saddest moment)

March 27, 2010 - I-130 sent

April 09, 2010 - NOA1 received

September 18, 2010 - NOA2 received ( major major happiness )

October 04, 2010 - NVC received / case number assigned

October 08, 2010 - Received AOS bill

October 11, 2010 - AOS bill paid

October 15, 2010 - AOS status "paid"

October 22, 2010 - IV- bill received

October 23, 2010 - IV bill paid

October 27, 2010 - IV bill status "paid" DS-230 packet sent

December 01 - 02, 2010 - Medical exam ( passed)

December 17, 2010 - NVC case complete! -)

February 01, 2010 - Interview ( 8:30 AM)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Jesus (who is, per hypothesis, an avatar of God) told us to pray. He didn't really tell us why, so we don't know. We seem to have had a hard-wired instinct to pray to something all the way along, but Jesus laid out a slightly more specific formula, as recorded by Matthew.

As for why we're supposed to pray, He didn't say. Which is probably for the best. I'm pretty sure that a comprehensive description of fundamental physics deep enough to describe the complete functioning of human consciousness and it's relationship with the laws of physics would have been A) extremely inconvenient - far too large to be carried around by a reasonable-sized group of Bronze-Age nomads, and B) would provide any civilization that possessed it with enough information to build antimatter bombs.

I'm pretty sure giving the Babylonians, Persians, or ancient Romans antimatter bombs would probably have been a bad idea. :)

For that matter, I'm fairly skeptical about the wisdom of giving us antimatter bombs too. :)

DON'T PANIC

"It says wonderful things about the two countries [Canada and the US] that neither one feels itself being inundated by each other's immigrants."

-Douglas Coupland

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

At the heart of prayer is a desire of God to get closer to humanity. However, humanity given the choice to do as please often do not see the need for this relationship (i.e. this post as a perfect example) so then prayer becomes a way that we express our relationship with God. As beancare has expressed prayer is not only asking God for wants but oftentime, i believe God wants to see whether we will be less selfish and more caring towards others or will we continue to think of ourselves.

Marriage: 09-12-2009

USCIS

4-26-10 Sent of I-130

10-07-10 Approved

10-12-10 Received hardcopy of NOA2

NVC

10-12-10: NVC has application but case number yet to be assigned.

10-18-10: Case number assigned.

10-19-10: Provided both email addresses

10-23-10: DS-3032 emailed; no response

10-28-10: Received IIN, dithering around instead of paying the fee

10-30-10: DS3032 Kit and I-864 AOS review fee ($88) online payment; In Process

11-03-10: I-864 AOS status 'PAID"; printed cover sheet and mailed I-846EZ package

11-04-10: I-864EZ AOS received and signed by N. Visa Center

11-05-10: DS-230 IV fee ($404) online payment

11-17-10: AOS entered into the system

12-03-10: IV fee paid ($404); In Process

12-06-10: DS-230 IV status 'PAID',

12-07-10: IV package mailed out

12-08-10: DS-230 IV package delivery; signed by N. Visa Center

12-14-10: DS230 entered into system; yay

12-29-10: SIF

12-30-10: Case Completed @ NVC

Total days @ NVC:79 I-130 to Case Complete 249 days

Consulate

08-25-11: Consulate Interview Schedule

xxxx: Medicals

10-20-11: Interview 8:30AM Need Co-sponsor

11-17-11: Visa granted

12-09-11: Picked up visa from Accra Consulate

filsm5.png

event.png

WZs0m5.png

Timeline

To pray is to humble oneself before God. To show that you acknowledge him and are thinking of him. To do this also means you will also reflect on your actions and thoughts. When we do reflect and think of our actions we also can see how we can have done better and this in turn helps us in our future actions and thus helping us to better ourselves. It never hurts to try and become better each day of our lives. God will look kindly and bless those that strive to become better and even overlook flaws if we acknowledge them and try to diminish them and rid ourselves of them.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Isle of Man
Timeline

To pray is to humble oneself before God. To show that you acknowledge him and are thinking of him. To do this also means you will also reflect on your actions and thoughts. When we do reflect and think of our actions we also can see how we can have done better and this in turn helps us in our future actions and thus helping us to better ourselves. It never hurts to try and become better each day of our lives. God will look kindly and bless those that strive to become better and even overlook flaws if we acknowledge them and try to diminish them and rid ourselves of them.

And then you get old, wrinkly, miserable, ill, ugly, cranky, and develop 1 of the 200 types of cancers out there, and die a miserable slow death...Praying that you die painlessly in your sleep...Sounds nice.

India, gun buyback and steamroll.

qVVjt.jpg?3qVHRo.jpg?1

Filed: Timeline

And then you get old, wrinkly, miserable, ill, ugly, cranky, and develop 1 of the 200 types of cancers out there, and die a miserable slow death...Praying that you die painlessly in your sleep...Sounds nice.

We all die in the end. Some of us find a way to deal with mortality, and others don't. Only a really sick ####### would deny anyone that comfort, especially in death.

Timeline

And many die with a smile on their face.good.gif

QUESTION 1: If God knows what you are going to say and knows you better than you do then what is the point in praying? Isn't it a pointless act?

You are struggling to pay the bills and you pray to God for "a way".....Did you think God did not know this until you had "thoughts inside your head" trying to communicate with Him? Does He not know everything about your life and situation?

If He wanted to help you He would (maybe He can't?)....

YOU DoN"T NEED TO SAY A SINGLE WORD OR PRAYER because God knows your life (and heart and mind) inside and out.

If you think He doesn't then continue to pray and remind Him of your woes and requests. You are probably annoying Him as He is watching over 7 billion humans simultaneously plus deciding the fate of 146,000 dead people a day (to see if they get into Heaven or are lit on perma-fire and sent away)....

HE IS BUSY FOLKS....No need to pray because He already KNOWS

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sign-on-a-church-af.jpgLogic-af.jpgwwiao.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

For me personally, prayer is a form of discipline. I don't think I ever pray to God asking for anything. God has given me all that I need, but its up to me to act upon his gifts...not beg for more because I can't control my own outcomes! :no::lol:

Instead, my prayer discipline is to simply attempt find time each day to sit perfectly still and be silent. The 'discipline' part of sitting perfectly still and being silent is that the only activity you'll register during silent/stillness are the activities of the mind, which is always churning; controlling it is then the exercise and discipline. For me personally, if I'm able to silence my own mind during this exercise, I feel closer to God. He doesn't need to give me a sign or a megaphone message. :lol:

Almost everybody who fully participates in life subjects themselves to some sort of discipline by which they structure their life. Prayer, especially meditative prayer, has been helping people order their lives since...well, since time began I suppose...

Blessing and great questions!

Bishop

“Acquire the spirit of peace and a thousand souls around you will be saved.” Saint Seraphim of Sarov

jesus-animated-gif-image-0110.gif

“The love of one’s country is a splendid thing. But why should love stop at the border?” Pablo Cassals

Timeline

Depending on what kind of man made drugs they are popping...

Or that they have led a life that could only bring a smile when thinking back on it. Everyone can choose how to live ones life. It can be a good life or it can be a wretched life. I choose to lead a good life.