Captain Ewok

Moderation Feedback

52 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Sorry, AJ. I understand the enticement to speculate, but I'm not going there.

If you tell us, it wouldn't be speculation seeing how you're familiar with the particulars of this case.

If you don't tell us, then speculation is all we got :lol:

I speculate that Rob violated this clause of TOS:

Use any robot, spider, site search/retrieval application, or other device to retrieve or index any portion of the Service or collect information about users for any unauthorized purpose

I speculate that his duplicate account was set up to index posts on P&R and send them to Julian Assange. The story that the dupe was set up to post information that he perceived as personal and preferred not to associate that information with his Rob & Mel account was just a cover.

That's speculation.

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

I should really let Captain Ewok handle this but I'm going to step in because frankly, I am tired of this nonsense. Yes, I am having a bad week and my patience is wearing thin. Brad did not suspend your account. Captain Ewok suspended both accounts. Your reply to him apparently raised some doubt about the degree of your complicity so that is why your suspension was lifted. As I am aware of the particulars involved in the reasons for these suspensions, my personal opinion is that both of you got off very lightly and should be facing much stronger consequences. I am rather appalled at your audacity to raise this issue in this way as if you both were some sort of victims which is far from the case. I suggest that if you wish to 'throw stones' you should first of all get your facts straight, and second - move out of your 'glass house'.

Maybe if the moderating team wasn't so cloak and dagger about everything, people would know basic facts, like what they are getting suspended for and by whom. All my interaction and every bit said brad on it, seems quite logical to me. So kathryn, tell me what bit about the TOS did I violate? Nowhere is there any context regarding that portion of the TOS. Sanctimonius much?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Singapore
Timeline

Ewok, I think you need to take a hard look at some of your moderators. Here is a scenario, I recently made a second account to make a thread to post some anonymous details. I did not do it to circumvent a suspension nor did I do it to insult someone anonymously. I even sent Brad a PM notifying him that it was a second account, and what I was using it for. Everything I did was fine as per the TOS, yet Brad still suspended me and another user for a week. After sending you a message, you did lift the absurd suspension, but not the other person. Here is the language of the TOS:

Either clean up the language, or clean up the moderators handing down capricious suspensions because they don't like it rather than any actual TOS violation.

There were more than just one extra accounts (per member) for you and the other member. I could at best eliminate one of you are having those 'extra accounts'. Per our conversation I will not not go into this further on the forums (only responding here because you initiated). Whether this was innocent or not, at least one of the extra accounts had been used to lob a TOS infraction. Others may have been for personal matters so I gave the benefit of the doubt and lifted your suspension.

I am an Ewok. I am here to to keep the peace. Please contact me if you have a problem with the site or a complaint regarding a violation of the Terms of Service. For the fastest response please use the 'Contact Us' page to contact me.