Danno

1 in 3 Brit Muslims students support killing for Islam, 40% want Sharia law.

86 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Jesus neither taught on these type issues nor endorsed it....though a lot of his followers had direct experience with it.

Indeed. An eye for an eye is an Old Testament principle, not something Jesus preached.

biden_pinhead.jpgspace.gifrolling-stones-american-flag-tongue.jpgspace.gifinside-geico.jpg

Indeed. An eye for an eye is an Old Testament principle, not something Jesus preached.

from matthew-

17 “Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them. 18 For truly I tell you, until heaven and earth disappear, not the smallest letter, not the least stroke of a pen, will by any means disappear from the Law until everything is accomplished. 19 Therefore anyone who sets aside one of the least of these commands and teaches others accordingly will be called least in the kingdom of heaven, but whoever practices and teaches these commands will be called great in the kingdom of heaven.

that sounds like a pretty compulsive argument against paul's made-up supersessionism. christianity was never meant to be a free-for-all, let's stop circumcising and start eating bacon and sturgeon party. Modern Jews are offended by the traditional Christian belief in supersessionism,[45] and some historians see supersessionism as one source of anti-semitism in western culture.[46]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Supersessionism

if anything, it seems as though the law became even stricter with Jesus.

21 “You have heard that it was said to the people long ago, ‘You shall not murder,[a] and anyone who murders will be subject to judgment.’ 22 But I tell you that anyone who is angry with a brother or sister will be subject to judgment. Again, anyone who says to a brother or sister, ‘Raca,’ is answerable to the court. And anyone who says, ‘You fool!’ will be in danger of the fire of hell.

27 “You have heard that it was said, ‘You shall not commit adultery. 28 But I tell you that anyone who looks at a woman lustfully has already committed adultery with her in his heart. 29 If your right eye causes you to stumble, gouge it out and throw it away. It is better for you to lose one part of your body than for your whole body to be thrown into hell. 30 And if your right hand causes you to stumble, cut it off and throw it away. It is better for you to lose one part of your body than for your whole body to go into hell.

these sins are so bad that self-mutilation is advised to prevent them from happening in the first place. it goes without saying that if they occur anyways, punitive action is required.

I-love-Muslims-SH.gif

c00c42aa-2fb9-4dfa-a6ca-61fb8426b4f4_zps

Filed: Country: China
Timeline

The latest WikiLeaks revelation: 1 in 3 British Muslim students back killing for Islam and 40% want Sharia law

Reaching out to UK Muslim community was 'top priority' for U.S.

Around a third of young British Muslims favour killing in the name of Islam, according to a survey revealed by the WikiLeaks' publication of U.S. diplomatic cables.

sick and twisted, without morality as understood by the western world.

obamasolyndrafleeced-lmao.jpg

You mean the laughably irrelevant scraping of the barrel for any statistic from any survey that paints Muslims in a negative light?

I rather enjoyed its presence in the piece. It exposes the story for exactly what it is: hate-mongering bile.

Just turn on the television to see the terrorism done in the name of islam. The average is dozens of deaths per day.

"The fact that we are here today to debate raising America’s debt limit is a sign of leadership failure. It is a sign that the U.S. Government can’t pay its own bills. It is a sign that we now depend on ongoing financial assistance from foreign countries to finance our Government’s reckless fiscal policies."

Senator Barack Obama
Senate Floor Speech on Public Debt
March 16, 2006

barack-cowboy-hat.jpg
90f.JPG

Timeline

Just turn on the television to see the terrorism done in the name of islam. The average is dozens of deaths per day.

Exactly. For those who claim that Christians are the same, let's interview Christian students and see if 1 in 3 support killing for Jesus.

biden_pinhead.jpgspace.gifrolling-stones-american-flag-tongue.jpgspace.gifinside-geico.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Exactly. For those who claim that Christians are the same, let's interview Christian students and see if 1 in 3 support killing for Jesus.

I never said that - you don't seem to have understood my post at all.

Timeline

I never said that - you don't seem to have understood my post at all.

I know you didn't, Jenn - I was addressing the typical Islamist response to any criticism of Islam.

("We will build a synagogue in Mecca when there's a synagogue built in the Vatican" kind of nonsense.)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

And what of the terrorism done in the name of Christianity? Of illiberal Vatican policies preached as dogma to 2 billion worldwide, enforcing sexist and homophobic sentiment, institutionalizing child abuse, strangling progress in a poverty- and AIDS-stricken Africa? What of the Ku Klux Klan, the IRA, Operation Rescue, Jesus Camp?

But that would be much too generous. Seeking as you do to vilify the innate evil of Islam, we can discard of temporal restraints, and submit in evidence the tyranny of Middle Age Catholic-Protestant Europe: the Crusades, the Inquisition, Salem et al.

You do not need to tell me that the threat of radical Islam is a genuine concern. But surveys have shown that extremists occupy a fraction of one percent of the total Muslim population, and that only seven percent believed 9/11 to be wholly justified.

Put in a less apologetic tone: 93% of Muslims can be considered allies in the "war on terror." That's 1.3 billion people. Clearly there is common ground to be reached - would pursuing it not be a more effective tactic than espousing ignorant, racist, unjustifiably sanctimonious bile to further drive the wedge?

Filed: Other Country: Israel
Timeline

I know you didn't, Jenn - I was addressing the typical Islamist response to any criticism of Islam.

("We will build a synagogue in Mecca when there's a synagogue built in the Vatican" kind of nonsense.)

Proper response to the nonsense about building churches in Mecca. In fact, the only worthy response.

Filed: Other Country: Israel
Timeline

And what of the terrorism done in the name of Christianity? Of illiberal Vatican policies preached as dogma to 2 billion worldwide, enforcing sexist and homophobic sentiment, institutionalizing child abuse, strangling progress in a poverty- and AIDS-stricken Africa? What of the Ku Klux Klan, the IRA, Operation Rescue, Jesus Camp?

But that would be much too generous. Seeking as you do to vilify the innate evil of Islam, we can discard of temporal restraints, and submit in evidence the tyranny of Middle Age Catholic-Protestant Europe: the Crusades, the Inquisition, Salem et al.

You do not need to tell me that the threat of radical Islam is a genuine concern. But surveys have shown that extremists occupy a fraction of one percent of the total Muslim population, and that only seven percent believed 9/11 to be wholly justified.

Put in a less apologetic tone: 93% of Muslims can be considered allies in the "war on terror." That's 1.3 billion people. Clearly there is common ground to be reached - would pursuing it not be a more effective tactic than espousing ignorant, racist, unjustifiably sanctimonious bile to further drive the wedge?

Bigots are not forward thinking people, friend. Ive been debating with their ilk for months, so, take it from me; they aren't the least bit interested in forming alliances with Muslims against terrorism. They would require actually doing something, or, God forbid, learning something. No, insults, misinformation and one-liners is pretty much all they've got in them.

Edited by Sofiyya

Timeline

And what of the terrorism done in the name of Christianity? Of illiberal Vatican policies preached as dogma to 2 billion worldwide, enforcing sexist and homophobic sentiment, institutionalizing child abuse, strangling progress in a poverty- and AIDS-stricken Africa?

Somehow preaching unsafe sex to Africans doesn't really strike me as being

in the same ballpark as deliberately targeting and blowing up innocent men, women

and children, and destroying schools, roads and hospitals, but what do I know.

Timeline

Unsafe sex with children is ok, as long as you don't blow them up :bonk:

It's not ok, but it doesn't kill them either. All religions are evil, but some are more evil than others.