stoney2010

How to cancel a k1 visa petition

16 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Call or write a letter to USCIS with your case number and info and tell them you want to cancel/withdraw the K-1 petition. Only the petitioner can do this tho.

-------------------------------------------- as1cE-a0g410010MjgybHN8MDA5Njk4c3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

Your I-129f was approved in 5 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 67 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

AOS was approved in 2 months and 8 days without interview.

ROC was approved in 3 months and 2 days without interview.

I am a Citizen of the United States of America. 04/16/13

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Sorry to hear of your situation.

Best wishes as you move forward with your life.

"THE SHORT STORY"

KURT & RAYMA (K-1 Visa)

Oct. 9/03... I-129F sent to NSC

June 10/04... K-1 Interview - APPROVED!!!!

July 31/04... Entered U.S.

Aug. 28/04... WEDDING DAY!!!!

Aug. 30/04... I-485, I-765 & I-131 sent to Seattle

Dec. 10/04... AOS Interview - APPROVED!!!!! (Passport stamped)

Sept. 9/06... I-751 sent to NSC

May 15/07... 10-Yr. PR Card arrives in the mail

Sept. 13/07... N-400 sent to NSC

Aug. 21/08... Interview - PASSED!!!!

Sept. 2/08... Oath Ceremony

Sept. 5/08... Sent in Voter Registration Card

Sept. 9/08... SSA office to change status to "U.S. citizen"

Oct. 8/08... Applied in person for U.S. Passport

Oct. 22/08... U.S. Passport received

DONE!!! DONE!!! DONE!!! DONE!!!

KAELY (K-2 Visa)

Apr. 6/05... DS-230, Part I faxed to Vancouver Consulate

May 26/05... K-2 Interview - APPROVED!!!!

Sept. 5/05... Entered U.S.

Sept. 7/05... I-485 & I-131 sent to CLB

Feb. 22/06... AOS Interview - APPROVED!!!!! (Passport NOT stamped)

Dec. 4/07... I-751 sent to NSC

May 23/08... 10-Yr. PR Card arrives in the mail

Mar. 22/11.... N-400 sent to AZ

June 27/11..... Interview - PASSED!!!

July 12/11..... Oath Ceremony

We're NOT lawyers.... just your average folks who had to find their own way!!!!! Anything we post here is simply our own opinions/suggestions/experiences and should not be taken as LAW!!!!

me and my gf had been having major probs the relationships done i need someone to explain to me exactly what to do so i can stop the visa process and cancel my k1 petition

we also cancelled too a k1 petition last yr., if ur k1 packet is still in the USCIS then u will just need to write a letter informing them why u are cancelling the packet.

Inky was right, only the USC can cancel the petition.

good luck to u and hope things will be fine.

N-400:
May 9, 2017: N-400 packet was sent
May 15, 2017: NOA1 
June 05, 2017: Biometric Done
June 19, 2017: Case is in Line for an Interview
June 25, 2018: USCIS Scheduled an Interview
Aug. 02, 2018: Interview Date- APPROVED!
Aug. 09, 2018: Oath Ceremony

My Group

My Blog

Yes, write a simple letter explaining that you want to cancel your petition, and a simple explanation why. This letter can also serve as a "construed IMBRA waiver request should such a request be required in the future", just include a phrase like that. This letter will be included in your record of application(s) in the future, so it's good you are closing this loop, Include all your former beneficiary's immigration numbers she was assigned in the process thus far, and the date of your K1 application. All these important basic facts. Then, depending how far you got in the process, NOA1, NOA2, USEM interview date, you will make copies of this letter and send to USCIS, NVC and USEM if she had an interview date. BTW, no matter how many Notarization Freaks here implore you to notarize the letter, it is NOT necessary. Just put the NO in NOtarization in such a case.

Good luck, OP, and cheers to you for cutting things off now and seeing the red flags that tell you it would have never worked and acting on that. Many a man here has continued down a doomed relationship road at much greater personal and monetary cost only to have things blow up in the US, and that increases the misery index x10. You had the wisdom and foresight to pull the plug now. Take a breather, and get back out there and find the right one. There are too many choices, and miss sweetness is out there waiting to be found by you. Good luck!

:star:

Sign-on-a-church-af.jpgLogic-af.jpgwwiao.gif

Filed: Timeline

ur ryt 100 percent it was just a money thing on my pinay i was sending her 100$ a month and i told her while i was in the philippines with her that i was gonna send her 100$ a month when i got back home until she was here not all pinays but some just do not understand that wen ur sending money monthly plus saving for papers flight green card etc that u just cant do everything...my pinays family wanted me to remodel there house and i just flat out said NO and told her sending money to ur family is ok to me but u should be here working b4 that starts and i also told her we are not married yet u are my obligation ryt now the family is not on me until after married and she broke up because of that now i probally could have got her back but if 2 people are fighting alot about money how much more is it gonna be after married so hell with that i know there is good girls in the philippines that would have respect for a man that does what i do......

already been talking to another pinay i went this time with a friends cousin so maybe a family connection will be better 4 me........

ur ryt 100 percent it was just a money thing on my pinay i was sending her 100$ a month and i told her while i was in the philippines with her that i was gonna send her 100$ a month when i got back home until she was here not all pinays but some just do not understand that wen ur sending money monthly plus saving for papers flight green card etc that u just cant do everything...my pinays family wanted me to remodel there house and i just flat out said NO and told her sending money to ur family is ok to me but u should be here working b4 that starts and i also told her we are not married yet u are my obligation ryt now the family is not on me until after married and she broke up because of that now i probally could have got her back but if 2 people are fighting alot about money how much more is it gonna be after married so hell with that i know there is good girls in the philippines that would have respect for a man that does what i do......

already been talking to another pinay i went this time with a friends cousin so maybe a family connection will be better 4 me........

:P^_^ .. the family asking u money to re-model their house? well sorry just that when i read what u wrote i cant stop to laugh a little bit, sigh... girls sometimes are like that... but u know? what u wrote is really true and i agree with u... :thumbs::thumbs:

N-400:
May 9, 2017: N-400 packet was sent
May 15, 2017: NOA1 
June 05, 2017: Biometric Done
June 19, 2017: Case is in Line for an Interview
June 25, 2018: USCIS Scheduled an Interview
Aug. 02, 2018: Interview Date- APPROVED!
Aug. 09, 2018: Oath Ceremony

My Group

My Blog

Filed: Country:
Timeline
i told her while i was in the philippines with her that i was gonna send her 100$ a month when i got back home until she was here ... my pinays family wanted me to remodel there house and i just flat out said NO ... i probally could have got her back but if 2 people are fighting alot about money how much more is it gonna be after married so hell with that i know there is good girls in the philippines that would have respect for a man that does what i do......

Learn a lesson from this first experience. With the next one don't open the wallet so quickly. How YOU handle YOUR money early in the relationship will set expectations & patterns that will last the duration of the relationship.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Been there, done that.....still can't understand why some of these girls insist on breaking the bank so early in the relationship...at least it gives you the heads to to get out....

K1 Visa

Event Date

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : Manilla, Philipines

I-129F Sent : 2010-09-10

I-129F NOA1 : 9-14

Touched : 9/17

NOA2 - 9 Feb

Interview 4/4/11 - Passed !

Flight - 4/20/11

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Honestly, i dont see the point in sending money before you get married on a regular basis unless its an emergency. I mean how was she able to live before she met you?

all of a sudden she needs x amount of dollars a month? i can understand if its for calling you and expenses that have to do with you like internet cafe. but just to send it is pointless and sets a bad tone in the relationship if you ask me. i love that my so is capable of being independent when she needs to be and dependent on me when its important knowing that i will be there for her.

at least you found out now.

I-129F Sent : 2010-07-17

I-129F NOA1 : 2010-07-23

Touch: 2010-08-02

Touch: 2010-10-03

NOA2: 2010-01-10

Interview: 2011-02-08 - Approved

Visa Printed: 2011-02-10

Sent to 2Go: 2011-02-14 (scheduled for noon delivery as per consulate)

Pckup @ 2Go: 2011-02-15 (Will hold at routing Hub for same day pick up)

POE (LAX): 2011-02-16

Timeline

Maxx121

There might be a lot of reasons. I had mine quit work and go back to college, so the money she had been giving to her family was cut off and her cost of living went up at the same time. We did the opposite - we're sending less now than in the beginning, and it's what I am sending because I feel like it. She isn't sending any right now.

Stoney2010-

she broke up because of that now i probally could have got her back but if 2 people are fighting alot about money how much more is it gonna be after married so hell with that i know there is good girls in the philippines that would have respect for a man that does what i do......

Way to go.

It's her loss.

Timeline

sorry to hear that :wacko:

its really difficult whne money matters get in the picture early in the relationship most especially if you are not yet married and she is already obliging you to send money...tsk tsk tsk...

good luck!

Timeline

sorry to hear that...that is really hard....anyway Merry Christmas....GODBLESS..cheer up..you can find the right girl someday to love yu not the money.... :thumbs::thumbs:

what would I do without the love you give me.

http://www.slide.com/r/OCQnah5Yvj-ae3fW-YNXizAEbWcGzFT1?previous_view=mscd_embedded_url&view=original

I-129F

09-18-09 I-129F sent Fed-Ex

09-21-09 package was signed for at service center

09-23-06 touched

09-26-09 received NOA1

12-18-09 touched!!!!

12-19-09 got the approval email and text !!!!!

12-21-09 touched!!!!

12-23-09 touched!!!!

12-23-09 received NOA2

12-24-09 NVC received approval!!!!!

01-05-10 NVC told me under Additional Processing!!!!!

01-11-10 NVC sent to manila!!!!!

01-15-10 Manila received DHL

01-20-10 Set interview dates for 02-08-2010

01-25-10 Medical - PASSED!!THANK GOD..

02-08-10 Interview- PASSED!!!! PRAISE GOD..

02-11-10 Received VISA!!!!!GOD IS GREAT..

02-23-10 Bye Phil.Welcome USA!!!Be with me GOD

flight Hawaiin Air leaves 7:50pm arrives 11:59pm in Phoenix!!!!

02-23-10 ARRIVED @ PHOENIX...yepeyyyy........

04-16-10 OUR WEDDING....

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

04-21-10 Applied SSN

04-28-10 SSN Recieved

flag.png

Timeline

:reading:

mmmmmmm

3.gif

"The perfection/respect/credibility of a man decreases by the number of marriages he has had and by the number of kids he has outside his current marriage. ", Quote by Bite YourDust
  • Met on yahoo chat through a friend.
  • April 2010 - Decided to meet in person
  • 06.01.2010 - She flew from Dubai to Philippines for vacationing
  • 06.21.2010 - We met in Philippines
  • 06.24.2010 - Engaged
  • 06.28.2010 - Came back to USA
  • 07.05.2010 - She flew back to Dubai (work)
  • 08.02.2010 - Mailed I129F to VSC
  • 08.03.2010 - Delivered to VSC. Signed by D RENAUD.
  • 08.09.2010 - Check cashed
  • 08.14.2010 - NOA1 (Dated 08/06/2010)!!!!!!!!
  • 08.19.2010 - Touched!
  • 08.27.2010 - Received snail mail that typographical error was fixed.
  • 10.03.2010 - Touched!
  • 11.21.2010 - Visited her for a week in Dubai!
  • 02.14.2011 - NOA2 Approved on St. Valentine day!!!!!!!
  • 02.17.2011 - Packet left from NVC to ABU DHABI (Dubai)
  • 02.19.2011 - NOA2 hard copy received
  • 02.22.2011 - Packet reached ABU DHABI's consulate
  • 03.02.2011 - packet 3 & 4 received by email
  • 03.02.2011 - Confirmation of Interview on 04.14.2011 -
  • 03.07.2011 - Fiancee passed medical exam.
  • 04.14.2011 - K1-Visa Approved!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • 04.21.2011 - Picked up Visa !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.