aj1

What have you learned from all this?

53 posts in this topic

I have learned that I SUCK at painting (painting to get ready for the wedding since he can't be here to help).

I have also learned that I am definitely marrying the right person because I have never known anyone in my life that would be so worth the waiting and the difficulties we have to go with this process. The fact that with all this stuff going on and I can still be happy because I am so happy to have him in my life.... that is just such a sign that he is the one.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
Aj1: I agree with you completely. You definitely learn to love and trust in a manner that few people seldom experience.

Vartan: I can relate completely, $4.00 a minute to Taichung, yikes that was a bad bill.

I suggest you and Vartan check out phone cards at the local Chinese grocery store. A Chinese grocery store here sells phone cards that allow me to call China for about 1.4 CENTS a minute. The same card is good to Taiwan at about 17 cents a minute (vague recollection). I suspect that there are Taiwan-specific cards that may be significantly less.

Tom

Thank for for updating your timeline. (My Assistant, then edit/add my timeline.)
K1

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Taiwan
Timeline

umm I use Alosmart.com and it is .7 cents.. yes less then a penny a minute..

May 1, 2006 - Submitted I-129F (Overnight) NSC

May 2, 2006 - NOA1

June 1, 2006 - Transferred to CSC

June 14, 2006 - Notice from CSC it was transferred

June 30, 2006 - Received IMBRA RFE (CSC)

July 5, 2006 - Touched (RFE Received)

July 31, 2006 - APPROVED

August 5, 2006 Physical NOA2

August 15, 2006 NVC Received and Sent

August 22, 2006 AIT sent Packet 3

August 22, 2006 Packet 3 got lost in the mail... sending another.. :( :( :(

October 27, 2006 Interview

3dflagsdotcom_chtai_2fawm.gif & 3dflagsdotcom_usa_2fawm.gif3dflagsdotcom_us_co_2fawm.gif

AIT (Taiwan Embassy)

C'mon USCIS Lets get some others approved or else watch for the Trident

brick.jpg

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

That i need to increase my meds :wacko::pop:

Don't just open your mouth and prove yourself a fool....put it in writing.

It gets harder the more you know. Because the more you find out, the uglier everything seems.

kodasmall3.jpg

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

jabree : love the avatar :)

Well, not to be too trite, but I learned that my fiance is as special and amazing as I thought and that it's the realer than real thing. This immigration process has surprisingly brought out the best in us and I am actually thankful we've had these almost five months apart (although I'm DYING to see him again a month from today and uh, as soon as it's my turn I'd like my NOA2 thank you). It gave me time to find out some really amazing qualities in my fiance that I didn't know during all the time we lived together.

Otherwise, I learned that it's a LOT easier to eat healthier when you don't live with an amazing Brazilian cook (gotta work on that), and that living with your parents to save money might actually *not* be worth it :)

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline
jabree : love the avatar :)

Well, not to be too trite, but I learned that my fiance is as special and amazing as I thought and that it's the realer than real thing. This immigration process has surprisingly brought out the best in us and I am actually thankful we've had these almost five months apart (although I'm DYING to see him again a month from today and uh, as soon as it's my turn I'd like my NOA2 thank you). It gave me time to find out some really amazing qualities in my fiance that I didn't know during all the time we lived together.

Otherwise, I learned that it's a LOT easier to eat healthier when you don't live with an amazing Brazilian cook (gotta work on that), and that living with your parents to save money might actually *not* be worth it :)

:P

Thanks, Alex+R.

Don't just open your mouth and prove yourself a fool....put it in writing.

It gets harder the more you know. Because the more you find out, the uglier everything seems.

kodasmall3.jpg

Filed: Timeline

I have learned that I possess depths I never knew I had. That when I feel I simply cannot face another day I always manage to find the strength to keep going. I have learned what real love is... and that its not always warm fuzzies but more the knowing he is always there for me no matter where he is on this earth and no matter what state I am in and likewise. We are for each other, and this hellish process has helped me understand what that truly means. So yes, this process is a nightmare, which for me has not come to an end yet. But there are positive effects too and I am grateful for that. Lastly, this process has taught me how to forgive...

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
That i need to increase my meds :wacko::pop:

Damn me too. Everyone's posting such now warm fuzzy thoughts about how much they love their fiance and can wait forever and how much they've learned about each other and about themselves during this process. I'm not feeling all that warm and fuzzy or deep about it (unless I've already opened the tequila which I'm TRYING to stay away from).

I've learned that I have no patience whatsoever for incompetence. I don't mind when mistakes are made or situations change as I'm actually very flexible. But I do not like incompetence combined with lack of information. I do not like USCIS. I have learned way more than I ever wanted to know about the K1 process and the 601 waiver process. I had no idea of completely f*cked up the entire immigration system truly is and I don't like knowing it.

I've learned that as much as I truly loved living with my fiance for as long as we did, I do still enjoy spending time alone at home without him. It took me many months to get used to the idea of him not being here everyday when I arrived home from work but I have learned to take advantage of the good things about living alone again for a long while. (One, like Alex, I have learned that is A LOT easier for me to eat healthy when I'm not having delicious cheesy greasy Mexican specialies whipped up by my live-in chef! Send him away = lose weight!!!

I've learned that as much as I am a strong, independent woman, I love my fiance with all my heart and I will do whatever this nightmare process requires so we can be together again. If I have to move to Mexico until this ####### is finished, I'll do it. All I want is to be able to fall asleep with him every night - that's a whole lot nicer than falling asleep with an ambien and a tequila!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.