firstlove2

Fiance in UK and children stuck in Nigeria!!! HELP

5 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Thank you in advance...I appreciate everyone's advice that has had similar experience...Feeling so alone right now and very down about the process.

The story is this...Filed fiance visa app in April 2010...alot of snaggs later we are finally at the embassy in London :thumbs: When we originally filed our petition we listed my fiance's 2 children as residing in UK...as we were expecting to have them in London on visitors visas to be able to complete the medical and interview...well, just heard that their visitors visas were denied to the UK...they are now stuck in Nigeria...

Our petition includes the children to come to the US...not sure what we are to do now...I thought that my fiance should move forward with his own medical and interview with now listing the childrens residence in Nigeria on the DS-156,156K,157, 230 part 1, etc.....

It is my understanding that we will be able to get the children to the US within a year of my fiance's own K1 visa...

I am hoping that the US wont think that we were being dishonest and now reject our petition since we first stated the children were residing in the UK...really weren't trying to be dishonest...fiance has sole custody since August 2010...

Any thoughts please...Has anyone applied for children and got them later? what about from another country?

Just trying to get us all together and waiting for God's great timing...God is Good.

Thank you again

Firstlove2

I129F------April 16, 2010

NOA1------May 11, 2010

I129F RFE----June 25, 2010

I129F RFE returned----June 29, 2010

NOA2 APPROVED----without notification...dated JULY 1, 2010...

NVC received----July 8, 2010

NVC Returns case to USCIS (incomplete)---July 9, 2010

August 9, 2010---Immigration Officer at USCIS stated that case notes read "officer assigned will hear something on or before August 19

CALLED USCIS HEADQUARTERS IN WASHINGTON DC----September 20, 2010

USCIS lost RFE....Resend Part C on September 21, 2010---Thank you God for your angel in DC---Jennifer!

WE ARE MOVING AGAIN!!---September 23, 2010--CSC completed file and sent case to NVC--you ROCK GOD!! Thank you for the angel Jennifer...

NVC received case (again)---October 4, 2010

Case sent to Embassy---October 21, 2010---Thank you dear Lord...all to your glory!!!

Packet 3 sent out from embassy and not received---November 2

Packet 3 sent to embassy on December 28---DOS stated case noted "Qualified"

Medical Exam--January 4

Interview--February 10--received 221g for police certificate--"did you purchase it on the streets???"

VISA APPROVED -- March 14--case sent to Nigeria to process children

Interview-- June 27-- waiting and believing in God's plan and purpose

DNA testing---July 18th

Fiance HOME---July 19th

Married---July 22nd

AOS, EAD, AP---July 26th

Waiting for God's Perfect Time!!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Thank you in advance...I appreciate everyone's advice that has had similar experience...Feeling so alone right now and very down about the process.

The story is this...Filed fiance visa app in April 2010...alot of snaggs later we are finally at the embassy in London :thumbs: When we originally filed our petition we listed my fiance's 2 children as residing in UK...as we were expecting to have them in London on visitors visas to be able to complete the medical and interview...well, just heard that their visitors visas were denied to the UK...they are now stuck in Nigeria...

Our petition includes the children to come to the US...not sure what we are to do now...I thought that my fiance should move forward with his own medical and interview with now listing the childrens residence in Nigeria on the DS-156,156K,157, 230 part 1, etc.....

It is my understanding that we will be able to get the children to the US within a year of my fiance's own K1 visa...

I am hoping that the US wont think that we were being dishonest and now reject our petition since we first stated the children were residing in the UK...really weren't trying to be dishonest...fiance has sole custody since August 2010...

Any thoughts please...Has anyone applied for children and got them later? what about from another country?

Just trying to get us all together and waiting for God's great timing...God is Good.

Thank you again

Since they are in Nigeria, you will k=have to do K-2 to follow visa OR CR-2 visas. I would try the K-2 to follow if you can. AFTER your fiancees visa is approved, the petition needs to be sent to the Lagos consulate and you can make an interview date for them there. The interview there will need to be within 12 months of when your fiance's visa was approved. Discuss this with the London consulate and they should be able to forward the petition to Lagos. I qm not sure if they need to go through NVC to do this or not. I did work with a similar case where the fiancee was in Canada (Vancouver) and her children were in Manilla. It worked out OK but I am not sure of the exact details or forarding the petition. Start with the London consulate visa section.

Be advised, Lagos, an extremely high fraud consulate is going to require DNA tests to prove the children are his. They have a reputation of taking SO long to do this that the opportunity to file a K-2 to follow expires. The other option would be that once you are married you can file an I-130 for each child and do a CR-2 visa IF the children are under age 18 when you marry AND they have never been married. They will still require a DNA test but there is no time crunch as there is with the K-2 visa.

In any cae, there is no time to waste since you are dealing with an extremely difficult consulate

Edited by Gary and Alla

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

Since they are in Nigeria, you will k=have to do K-2 to follow visa OR CR-2 visas. I would try the K-2 to follow if you can. AFTER your fiancees visa is approved, the petition needs to be sent to the Lagos consulate and you can make an interview date for them there. The interview there will need to be within 12 months of when your fiance's visa was approved. Discuss this with the London consulate and they should be able to forward the petition to Lagos. I qm not sure if they need to go through NVC to do this or not. I did work with a similar case where the fiancee was in Canada (Vancouver) and her children were in Manilla. It worked out OK but I am not sure of the exact details or forarding the petition. Start with the London consulate visa section.

Yes, work this out with the Consular section in London.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Thank you both for your reply. Kinda confused about "K2" . Our original i129f included the children as well as fiance. On that petition, we listed the children as residing with my fiance in london. We made efforts to secure the children in london on visitors visas since petitioning the british for permanent status would take too long...anyway, the visitors visa were denied and it is time for my fiance to begin the process at the embassy in london.

I just hope that the process wont take too long because the children are young and need to be with their father. Mother is out of picture.

Firstlove2

I129F------April 16, 2010

NOA1------May 11, 2010

I129F RFE----June 25, 2010

I129F RFE returned----June 29, 2010

NOA2 APPROVED----without notification...dated JULY 1, 2010...

NVC received----July 8, 2010

NVC Returns case to USCIS (incomplete)---July 9, 2010

August 9, 2010---Immigration Officer at USCIS stated that case notes read "officer assigned will hear something on or before August 19

CALLED USCIS HEADQUARTERS IN WASHINGTON DC----September 20, 2010

USCIS lost RFE....Resend Part C on September 21, 2010---Thank you God for your angel in DC---Jennifer!

WE ARE MOVING AGAIN!!---September 23, 2010--CSC completed file and sent case to NVC--you ROCK GOD!! Thank you for the angel Jennifer...

NVC received case (again)---October 4, 2010

Case sent to Embassy---October 21, 2010---Thank you dear Lord...all to your glory!!!

Packet 3 sent out from embassy and not received---November 2

Packet 3 sent to embassy on December 28---DOS stated case noted "Qualified"

Medical Exam--January 4

Interview--February 10--received 221g for police certificate--"did you purchase it on the streets???"

VISA APPROVED -- March 14--case sent to Nigeria to process children

Interview-- June 27-- waiting and believing in God's plan and purpose

DNA testing---July 18th

Fiance HOME---July 19th

Married---July 22nd

AOS, EAD, AP---July 26th

Waiting for God's Perfect Time!!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

Be advised, Lagos, an extremely high fraud consulate is going to require DNA tests to prove the children are his. They have a reputation of taking SO long to do this that the opportunity to file a K-2 to follow expires. The other option would be that once you are married you can file an I-130 for each child and do a CR-2 visa IF the children are under age 18 when you marry AND they have never been married. They will still require a DNA test but there is no time crunch as there is with the K-2 visa.

In any cae, there is no time to waste since you are dealing with an extremely difficult consulate

Interesting though that on your petition you listed the children as living in UK when in fact they were not. With the wrong examiner you could have a real problem with that.Many examiners would consider that fraud

filed 129 with vermont 4/19/06

first notice 5/3/06?

IMRA RFE 6/19/06

snail mail RFE 6/22/06

returned 6/22/06

email they recieved 6/26/06

second RFE email 7/11/06

recieved 7/22

returned 7/24

touched 7/25

APProved 10/02/06

NVC sent to Moscow 10/17/06

package from Embassy 11/17/06

interview 01/11/07

approved visa 01/11/07

arrived 02/7/07

married 04/13/07

filed AOS 05/13/07

biometrics 06/06/07

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.