yaziedandlisa

Dept Of State send approved i-130 back to uscis

23 posts in this topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline

Hey everyone,

its been long time since i posted here,, but i know i will come back if i need any help..

so here is the story;

i recieved an email from uscis says this

(((((Application Type: I130 , IMMIGRANT PETITION FOR RELATIVE, FIANCE(E), OR ORPHAN

Your Case Status: Post Decision Activity

On November 22, 2010, a USCIS office received this case from the State Department with a request that we review it. We will notify you when we complete our review, or if we need something from you. If you move while this case is pending, please use our Change of Address online tool to update your case with your new address or call our customer service center at 1-800-375-5283. ))))))))

this i-130 was approved in dec 2008,, been almost 2 years.

i called the uscis and i asked what this could be, basically they said we cant tell you anything , we need to tell who filed for you - which is my wife- and i tried to pull something from them and the guy from uscis said it might be a system mistake or the dept of state isnt satisfied with the decesion been made by uscis on your case :blink: ..

my wife called and they told her the same thing..

but when i told the guy that i have a green card he asked how did i obtain it?? and my answer was that my wife filed for me and we got green card according to usa immigration laws and policies!

nevermind now,,

my wife searched everywhere online about something similar and nothing appeared about dept of state sending back approved applictions to uscis to be reviewed!!

so i would like to hear what you people think or if anyone has expeirnced the something close!!

thanks alot

A 1000 MiLeS jOuRnEy BeGiNs WiTh 1 StEp.

coollogo_com_85561955.gif

thDSC04457.jpgthcutehabibiti.jpgthDSC04482.jpgthDSC04476.jpg

http://www.myspace.com/mejwez

i spent 15 months and 13 days without my wife.... enough said

http://www.4shared.com/file/87165041/271184eb/__-__.html

Timeline

omg !! my spelling is very bad!! sorry

I think a lot of people got this email on that day. Hopefully someone will come along and confirm/link... in the meantime I will try to search for other posts, but I think I have seen that verbiage on here a few times in the past week.

EDIT: Ah, here for instance:

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/284334-please-helpcase-sent-back-to-uscis-from-state-deparment-for-review/

Edited by Harpa Timsah

AOS for my husband
8/17/10: INTERVIEW DAY (day 123) APPROVED!!

ROC:
5/23/12: Sent out package
2/06/13: APPROVED!

Timeline

I think a lot of people got this email on that day. Hopefully someone will come along and confirm/link... in the meantime I will try to search for other posts, but I think I have seen that verbiage on here a few times in the past week.

EDIT: Ah, here for instance:

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/284334-please-helpcase-sent-back-to-uscis-from-state-deparment-for-review/

the differnce between my case and these people case is i have been approved 2 years ago for my i-130 while they still pending..

but i appercite your effort.. thank you

Um, yes I know that your is approved and theirs are not. However, I find it more than a bit strange that so many people got identical strange emails in the span of a few days (and people in different parts of the process - yours long completed for instance). I am trying to connect the dots here using what information is available. My guess is that it is some sort of error and only people with current petitions have been posting about it. Perhaps other people with completed petitions got the same email but did not post about it... yet.

Make of it what you will.

Edited by Harpa Timsah

AOS for my husband

ROC:

Timeline

Um, yes I know that your is approved and theirs are not. However, I find it more than a bit strange that so many people got identical strange emails in the span of a few days (and people in different parts of the process - yours long completed for instance). I am trying to connect the dots here using what information is available. My guess is that it is some sort of error and only people with current petitions have been posting about it. Perhaps other people with completed petitions got the same email but did not post about it... yet.

funny !! i was trying to remember who i know on visa journey with completed case just to ask them if they recieved the same email

you are right,, it might be a mistake,, many people recieved the same email...

we got a little freaked out becuz we were thru all the pain and we dont want to go there again ,,

thank you a lot

funny !! i was trying to remember who i know on visa journey with completed case just to ask them if they recieved the same email

you are right,, it might be a mistake,, many people recieved the same email...

we got a little freaked out becuz we were thru all the pain and we dont want to go there again ,,

thank you a lot

I think it's a case of spurious emails being generated by the USCIS computer system. Two or three pending applicants got that email also. I wouldn't worry too much. I think it is an error.

04/2010 - Marriage in Weirsdale, Florida

USCIS

07-07-2010 Filed I-130 - K3

07-12-2010 Priority date

07-23-2010 NOA1 (California Service Centre)

11-03-2010 Transfer to Texas Service Centre

01-24-2011 NOA2 NVC

02-26-2011 Case #

02-28-2011 Docs delivered to NVC

03-06-2011 NVC received docs

03-06-2011 NVC SIF & Expedite approved

04-06-2011 Medical exam - Failed (bad cold - shadow on lung)

06-13-2011 2nd Medical exam - Passed

06-22-2011 Interview at London Embassy - denied due to previous overstay (3 year bar)

07-06-2011 I 601 Waiver accepted at London

07-19-2011 MP & Senator wrote to US Embassy to request expedite

08-13-2011 I 601 approved!

08-22-2011 Visa delivered

09-07-2011 POE Orlando - took 20 minutes to be admitted

I-751

08-15-2013 I-751 Received by Vermont service center

08-21-2013 I-751 Application check cashed

08-22-2013 I-751 NOA1 received dated 08-16-2013

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

Thanks for the link Harpa, when I checked VJ last week I couldnt find anything relevent.

I hope its just an erroneous mass email that went out. I couldnt find any other refferences anywhere to DOS asking USCIS to review approved cases except when they are sent back from the consulate with a recommendation for denial.

When I called them, the lady went through the normal schpeel of waiting 120 days and yada yada. After I told her that we had completed all of those steps all the way to a 10 yr GC, her response was "OH". She then said it could be a mistake or that DOS "found something" in the file that they want to be reviewed again.

If anyone has found out what it actually means, I am very interested. I would hate to wait the 120 days just to find out its going to be some huge PITA. :)

Just looking for common demoninators here, but we did just change our address. I wonder if anyone else that got the email did as well....

"you fondle my trigger then you blame my gun"

Timeline: 13 month long journey from filing to visa in hand

If you were lucky and got an approval and reunion with your loved one rather quickly; Please refrain from telling people who waited 6+ months just to get out of a service center to "chill out" or to "stop whining" It's insensitive,and unecessary. Once you walk a mile in their shoes you will understand and be heard.

Thanks!

You're welcome. I think it also happened to this person here:

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/284980-expidite-accepted-now-how-long/

...this mysterious "a office has received it." Maybe not, they didn't explain too well. I don't know much about this email, but your husband (that was him posting, right?) seemed stressed out and I just wanted to point out I had seen this identical email a lot recently, although I don't know what it means either. I think it's a mistake... his post really confirmed it for me (old approved petition getting identical email) but I don't have facts to back up my assessment. Anyway, glad it helped!

AOS for my husband

ROC:

Timeline

You're welcome. I think it also happened to this person here:

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/284980-expidite-accepted-now-how-long/

...this mysterious "a office has received it." Maybe not, they didn't explain too well. I don't know much about this email, but your husband (that was him posting, right?) seemed stressed out and I just wanted to point out I had seen this identical email a lot recently, although I don't know what it means either. I think it's a mistake... his post really confirmed it for me (old approved petition getting identical email) but I don't have facts to back up my assessment. Anyway, glad it helped!

Ya, my husband started the thread. I guess didnt introduce myself just started typing away lol

Im not sure the one above is the same situation, but youre right.. its hard to know because the explanation is hard to decifer.

Anyway, more and more it looks like a mistake which is what both officers said at first when my husband and I called. Again, thanks alot for replying and letting us know that you have seen this lately. Its uber helpful.

I havent been on in a million years, maybe I should drop by more often :)

Lisa

If you were lucky and got an approval and reunion with your loved one rather quickly; Please refrain from telling people who waited 6+ months just to get out of a service center to "chill out" or to "stop whining" It's insensitive,and unecessary. Once you walk a mile in their shoes you will understand and be heard.

Thanks!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Romania
Timeline

After having read all of the above posts and done sufficient online research, I can say this is definitely a mistake. By the way, I am one of the VJ members who got a similar e-mail & written message from USCIS on Nov. 30 for a I-130 petition I submitted for my mother. I say we should just keep our cool and wait for further information from USCIS.

Filed: Other Country: Poland
Timeline

After having read all of the above posts and done sufficient online research, I can say this is definitely a mistake. By the way, I am one of the VJ members who got a similar e-mail & written message from USCIS on Nov. 30 for a I-130 petition I submitted for my mother. I say we should just keep our cool and wait for further information from USCIS.

I am a naturalized citizen and I filed an I-130 for my husband in August and I received the same notification on Nov. 29th. saying that it was returned by Dept. of State for additional review. I have been married for four years and we have a two year old daughter together. There is no reason why it should be under review. This has to be some kind of a mistake. I did not receive a letter in the mail from them as of yet. It is really hard to wait and wonder what is going on over there. So to everyone in the same boat, I wish all of us the best!!!

Timeline

we have recieved a written letter says exactly what the email says,,

its kinda weird... but hopefully its no big deal

thank you all

Timeline

Thanks for letting us know that you also received the letter but can you please explain what research that you found that lead you to believe that is "definitely" a mistake?

I think it probably is as well but Im curious if you found something that I didnt while researching. Like, have you found any other instances of cases that got the letter after their case was already approved,interviewed,approved at the consul then adjusted, GC rec'd ect? like ours...

I am a naturalized citizen and I filed an I-130 for my husband in August and I received the same notification on Nov. 29th. saying that it was returned by Dept. of State for additional review. I have been married for four years and we have a two year old daughter together. There is no reason why it should be under review. This has to be some kind of a mistake. I did not receive a letter in the mail from them as of yet. It is really hard to wait and wonder what is going on over there. So to everyone in the same boat, I wish all of us the best!!!

Good luck Anna! :)

Thanks!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Romania
Timeline

Let us all be patient until they sort this out! Hang in there, everyone!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.